1/100 Koenig Monster confirmed (Dengeki Hobby)

Shaggydog

ok let me rephrase. I did not say the koenig would be small. I meant the potential valkyries in 1/.100 would be small and affordable compared to other yamato proeduycts....its common sense the koenig would be huge.  look at it.  valks to destroids in scale are small. 

back on topic.  i hope next month we see robot moe pictures.  this is a cool looking toy.

In that case I agree with you , 1/100 scale valks like the VF-5000 or the Vf-4 will be a bit small on that scale , but just as with the VF-0 , other valks like the VF-14 or VF-22 will be all right , then again , we already know Yamato chose 1/100 as their base/mass produccion line , so a bigger scale line could be expected too , hopefully.

Uhhh... no we don't. All we know is that that Yamato chose 1/100 for two products - the Macross Zero VF-0S and the VB-6 Koenig.

Personally, I think Yamato only chooses scales based upon making a toy the size they want for the price point they want. They wanted a small VF-0 valkyrie... so they chose 1/100. They wanted a big transformable Koenig, 1/100.

Let the scale thing go... measure your toys in inches like a real man. :lol:

Why limit ourselves to inches ? :lol::rolleyes::p

Anyway , yeah I share your opinion about scales , we´re too obsessed with them in this site when there´s really no relevance to them when it comes to valks.

But still , Yamato obviously went with 1/100 for the VF-0 cause they wanted to offer cheaper and more easily available toys for the big crow , that and they wanted to test the popularity of the M0 mechas so they didn´t risk they investments on a 1/48 or 1/60 version.

That makes the 1/100 VF-0 a toy for the masses. Now , the existence of a bigger more detailed perfect transformation VF-0 in the future only depends on what Yamato decides so it´s obviously not a sure thing , I agree we shouldn´t trust on the pressumption that we´ll get better M0 toys cause Yamato will not produce them just because we want them , they have to see it´s a save investment first.

then again this is yaamto we are talking about. already they had the best loking VF-1 on market but NO they couldnt resist implementing perfect transformation..then we got 1./48 :p

anyhoo what im tryignt o say is yamato cant escape perfect transformation. head of yamato in interview said swap legs were canon. 1 yr later BAM 1/48. canon that. yamato is known for detail unseen before in valk toys and pretty much have dominated that market. I think its safe to say a perfect variable is inevitable. I mean come on their doing well financially, macross 0 isnt even done yet, and hell this is the FIRST time yaamto has been able to make macross merchandise for a series that hasnt ENDED YET! this means when people end macross 0 and want merchandise, bam heere comes yamato. So with that in mind. I dont think yamato would miss out on this chance to milk the cow for all its worth. one fo the massesm then a big ass toy for us crazed collectors later on.

and the japanese are obsessed with detail and high detail and more detail and perfect transformation. the fact that HCM pro emphasizes detail as with 1.48 and other lines like transformers binaltech SHOWS these fans are crazed for detail an d perfect transformation. so yamato NOT making one? right......

fair enough....i hear what you're saying. i was comparing the 2 based on the fact they are both brand new products(non VF) produced by yamato. i still feel a lot of work went into the q-rau in itself but it certainly doesn't TF. :)

No doubt a lot of work went into the Q-rau, it is a very elegant sculpt. But if I were given the choice of designing a toy, I'd go for the non-transformable type as it would be a lot easier. ;)

your avatar...its that from "the romp"?  the cartooning looks like one of jakes buddies from that site.

Good eyes! Yup, it's none other than Jake himself, the Jedi pimp! You're the first person to notice that here, it's nice to meet another member of the "Romp Mafia" :p

Preach it brother Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0! I hope the higher ups at Yamato would also at least gauge the non-Japanese speaking market for bigger better Macross products. MW'ers collected UN Spacy force is nothing to sneeze at with almost 2700 Valkyries on alert. :D

Yamato needs to work on their marketing by implementing a PV (Perfect Variable) or PT (Perfect Transformation) monikor ala PG from Bandai. Spit out the cheapy little guys (1/100 - MG grade), improve on them for the enthusists market (1/72 -1/60 - MG grade) and then release the 1/48 sized 12"+ with super detail PV line for the hardcores out there.

For the monster here, I would settle for 1/100 MG grade for the mass market with a 1/72 or 1/60 PV footrest. Ok, I'll also take 4 1/48 scales and a 2" thick sheet of reinforced glassed table top for my new workstation. And two more to replace the sittings lions guarding the front entrance to our home. :D

Edited by Neova

Good eyes! Yup, it's none other than Jake himself, the Jedi pimp! You're the first person to notice that here, it's nice to meet another member of the "Romp Mafia" :p

that use to be one of my favorite sites until they started charging people. :( i found the site when it first came out way back in the day cause they had that game where you have to get Jake laid which was the shiz-nit and all those hotties every week. :o they weren't naked but there were some that were "right click" worthy in there. ;)

Preach it brother Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0! I hope the higher ups at Yamato would also at least gauge the non-Japenese speaking market for bigger better Macross products. MW'ers collected UN Spacy force is nothing to sneeze at with almost 2700 Valkyries on alert. :D

Yamato needs to work on their marketing by implementing a PV (Perfect Variable) or PT (Perfect Transformation) monikor ala PG from Bandai. Spit out the cheapy little guys (1/100 - MG grade), improve on them for the enthusists market (1/72 -1/60 - MG grade) and then release the 1/48 sized 12"+ with super detail PV line for the hardcores out there.

For the monster here, I would settle for 1/100 MG grade for the mass market with a 1/72 or 1/60 PV footrest. Ok, I'll also take 4 1/48 scales and a 2" thick sheet of reinforced glassed table top for my new workstation. And two more to replace the sittings lions guarding the front entrance to our home. :D

Your idea is a good one... I can find only one flaw that I would argue against with. Yamato has very limited production facilities (I'm guessing one factory tops).. and so while you COULD produce an item in many different scales, it is far more efficient, economical, and faster to produce more of ONE scale. When you consider the downtime it takes to first conceptualize 3 different scale prototypes, produce a run of one, RE-tool, produce another, wash-rinse-repeat.... does that make any sense?

I truely think Yamato would do something like this if they could, however I would argue that they lack the resources for such an undertaking and thus are trying to get the most proverbial "bang for their buck"

You are right though... us outside of the Japanese market have provided no small amount of chump change to line Yamato's pockets with... I'd certainly say we deserve some consideration.

I can find only one flaw that I would argue against with. Yamato has very limited production facilities (I'm guessing one factory tops).. and so while you COULD produce an item in many different scales, it is far more efficient, economical, and faster to produce more of ONE scale. When you consider the downtime it takes to first conceptualize 3 different scale prototypes, produce a run of one, RE-tool, produce another, wash-rinse-repeat.... does that make any sense?

I truely think Yamato would do something like this if they could, however I would argue that they lack the resources for such an undertaking and thus are trying to get the most proverbial "bang for their buck"

FYI: MOST toy companies don't outright own their production facilities. How do you know? Yamato is based in Japan and the toys are made in China. Last I check, the only way an "outsider" could own property in Japan and China was to co-own it with a native partner or as a joint venture with the government.

In most cases, Yamato would find other suitable factories (toys, PVC, ABS, etc...) to contract their production. MacFarland, Hasbro (Gi Joes, Takara), Mattel, everybody does this. So in terms of price, scalability and performance, there are a lot of choices out there. When a company gets big enough, I would not be surprised if they own one or two factories themselves though. But the initial startup cost is incredibley high and it is WAY cheaper to contract out.

Of course you hit it on the nail in terms of economy to produce 1 scale, bang for the buck items (low cost, high profit) and Yamato must determine if there is a market for 3 grades of toys like Gundam. But for companies to stand out there, a premium kick ass product is one way to get their name out there, instead of swimming in a sea of "me too" products with other cheapy only toy companies.

I would never suggest Yamato to apply this to all of their toys lines, but only to their premium line such as Macross which may, in time, gain enough marketshare to warrent such considerations. 1/60 and 1/48 has proven this and we hope they can expand on this concept when the time is right. Hopefully, WE current MW'ers won't get too old or have TOO much responsibility to be kepted from enjoy future "PV" grade Macross products.

Edited by Neova

How much do you guys think this baby will cost, or HOPE it will cost? Somewhere near the Q-rau? Probably same as the 1/48 or more likely abit more than the 1/48 with fast packs.

Edit: oops....meant to say 1/48 with fastpacks, not q-rau

Edited by wolfx

I would guess as much as a 1/48 VF-1 w/ fast packs. Anything else would be wishful thinking. At that size and complexity, it won't be any cheaper. We can hope and dream though.

Canonicity: don't care

Scale: don't care (biiiig!)

Design appeal: 99%

Desirability: 100%

Silliness Level: 100% (don't care!)

Can't wait, gonna buy one, strip it, glue it together in Monster mode, putty the seams, detail it up, paint the sod and call it a model. Yum!

The K/Monster is pretty silly - heavy armour and aircraft are two utterly separate worlds. You could either have an unarmoured robot that can fly, but is insanely vulnerable, or an armoured one that can't fly. And transformability would add ludicrous amounts of weight, development cost, maintenance costs, and per-unit price, not to mention compromising all other functions. But the same goes for *all* the transforming stuff in Macross, which after all dates from the time in early pre-production when the show was going to be a comedy. I so don't care, it's fun to look at and play around with! And for me, the Koenig Monster looks enough like a Monster MkII in Monster mode that it's well worth snapping one up.

Kudos to Yamato! Thanks!!!

Cheers,

Martyn

kind of off-topic....

just an FYI, but yamato frequents these boards and discussing prices only sets MRSP's for them and retailers a like. meaning if you say you're willing to pay $150 for something and others agree, yamato will sell it for $150....even if they had plans of selling it for $100.

if no one says a thing regarding prices, yamato has no choice to be fair when setting the MSRP as well as the retailers.

i.e. the GBP armor is $15-$20 (MSRP in japan) but because so many people here said they'd pay more...its now being sold for $40 by e-tailers and retailers all around. the same thing happened with the 1/48's and the same happened with the q-rau. i just thought i'd say something(again) cause were kind of dooming ourselves when we dicuss prices of up and coming products.

its like me walking into a car dealership and saying i'd be willing to pay exactly this much for that car without knowing how much it really cost. i mean, what kind of deal you think i'm gonna get if i show the salesmen all my cards? the car is worth 10K but i said i'd pay 15K. what do you think the dealership is going to charge me? 10k or 15k?

well thats it, i got flamed before for saying this and i'm willing to get flamed again. but realize its just more logical to say nothing regarding prices rather than saying, i'd pay this much for something? how much do you think it would cost? or even making a comparison to something that already exists.

my point is, why help any company charge as much as it can for something?

Good point haterist. I have thought the same thing myself, but have never voiced my comment about it.

The K/Monster is pretty silly - heavy armour and aircraft are two utterly separate worlds. You could either have an unarmoured robot that can fly, but is insanely vulnerable, or an armoured one that can't fly.

Well, maybe not in every case:

http://www.allstar.fiu.edu/aero/STORMOVIK.htm

:lol:

Ahhh yes the Il-2 Shturmovik. The Flying Tank.

Good call ^_^

Vostok 7

Good point haterist. I have thought the same thing myself, but have never voiced my comment about it.

its a rather a flame-worthy statement seeing as a lot of sellers come here to gauge selling prices for macross product, both online and/or in their brick and mortar shops. i want to say this everytime something new comes out but it ends up starting a flame war with someone or some sarcastic member who will say they'd pay XYZ amount for something just to spite me. <_<

either way its cool, i won't entertain such responses from people and i also made sure i was rocking my flame-proof underwear today. ;)

Anybody have some decent pictures of the Koenig in all three modes in color? Perhaps the 1/100 model kit?

I'm having trouble finding good color pictures of what the toy will approximately look like, especially Battroid/Destroid.

Anybody have some decent pictures of the Koenig in all three modes in color? Perhaps the 1/100 model kit?

I'm having trouble finding good color pictures of what the toy will approximately look like, especially Battroid/Destroid.

Will these help? VB-6, etc. From MW Model Section

Edited by Angel's Fury

The K/Monster is pretty silly - heavy armour and aircraft are two utterly separate worlds. You could either have an unarmoured robot that can fly, but is insanely vulnerable, or an armoured one that can't fly.

Well, maybe not in every case:

http://www.allstar.fiu.edu/aero/STORMOVIK.htm

:lol:

Ahhh yes the Il-2 Shturmovik. The Flying Tank.

Good call ^_^

Vostok 7

Thanks - sorry if its sort of off-topic, though as the transformable Monster does seem to be some kind of flying artillery piece it does seem sort of suitable. I'm a bit surprised no-ones mentioned the A-10 yet, though... :rolleyes:

Edited by F-ZeroOne

Thanks - sorry if its sort of off-topic, though as the transformable Monster does seem to be some kind of flying artillery piece it does seem sort of suitable. I'm a bit surprised no-ones mentioned the A-10 yet, though...  :rolleyes:

The A-10 works. Or if we were going to extremes you could use the AC-130A Spectre gunship.

http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/outdoor/od11a.htm

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

kind of off-topic....

just an FYI, but yamato frequents these boards and discussing prices only sets MRSP's for them and retailers a like. meaning if you say you're willing to pay $150 for something and others agree, yamato will sell it for $150....even if they had plans of selling it for $100.

if no one says a thing regarding prices, yamato has no choice to be fair when setting the MSRP as well as the retailers.

i.e. the GBP armor is $15-$20 (MSRP in japan) but because so many people here said they'd pay more...its now being sold for $40 by e-tailers and retailers all around. the same thing happened with the 1/48's and the same happened with the q-rau. i just thought i'd say something(again) cause were kind of dooming ourselves when we dicuss prices of up and coming products.

its like me walking into a car dealership and saying i'd be willing to pay exactly this much for that car without knowing how much it really cost. i mean, what kind of deal you think i'm gonna get if i show the salesmen all my cards? the car is worth 10K but i said i'd pay 15K. what do you think the dealership is going to charge me? 10k or 15k?

well thats it, i got flamed before for saying this and i'm willing to get flamed again. but realize its just more logical to say nothing regarding prices rather than saying, i'd pay this much for something? how much do you think it would cost? or even making a comparison to something that already exists.

my point is, why help any company charge as much as it can for something?

Well....I won't flame you....but I will respond.

I really doubt price discussion on this forum affects prices set by the market. E-tailers try their best to make a marginally fair profit from their toys and by the way I see it, almost everybody has ABOUT the same price, plus minus a few dollars. Yamato spies this board to check out how much they should sell their wares? Urmmm....highly doubtful.

Your GBP armor example....is flawed. Did you expect to get similar prices as Japan's retail price? I'm not surprised that it becomes $40 after shipping, import taxes etc. Well...i don't know how much are dealer's prices, but i doubt the extra $20 added on top of Japan's retail price is made by the e-tailers and retailers. Those probably go to costs of bringing the thing in in the 1st place.

My 2 cents.

I'm still in high school and don't often have more that $80, saving to get anything Yamato (other than the 1/60's) and keep a fairly active social life is a bit of an endevor. So if this thing was around $100, that would be really, really great.

hmm, can anyone tell by the pics of the model or by knowledge of the VB-6 whether it has the large brace in the back for digging in when firing the artillery cannons?

Just curious, couldn't find enough info anywhere one way or the other

Timberwolf