1/100 Koenig Monster confirmed (Dengeki Hobby)

Shaggydog

Yes, the "mobile artillery/dropship" concept makes sense--but why the battroid form?

It would provide a more mobile combat mode. Based on the game, the "gerwalk" / monster mode is very bulky and slow to walk aroung, Working better as a stationary cannon than actually going on the battlefield. I see the battroid mode as a better form to advance field and hang around on the ground. Plus it would be a way to carry and interact with stuff around, since the monster has no arms… and finally it would be the biggest robot in town, being intimidating as and taking the lunch of Gundams.

“Give me your sandwich. I SAID GIVE ME YOU DAMN SANDWICH.”

Wayne Brady, Chappelle's Show

This kicks ARSE!!!

But hey! Why no Destroid shots, or Gerwalk? (is that what you call it for the VB-6?)

And doesn't this mech have the four large canons?? I don't see them.... Am I just an idiot? :p

The cannons are there, hey are hidden under the two large "rectangular" halves of the shuttle they are the four round things next to each other that you can see in the rear end shots.

Fort Max

You know what's crazy: that most of these 7 pages has been devoted to wether the damn thing is canon or not, which we all know it is, yet continue to mention.

Where are the sculpt opinions? Hopes? Criticosms? How many are you going to buy? What price do you think it is? Is there anyone foolish to think whis will be less than $150? What smoldering heap that was once a MG Gundam (or other 1/100 model) will you pose it standing on top of victoriously? Will it be supported safely on one of the acrylic stands in shuttle mode?

I've tried a couple of times to kick off some size, finality etc discussions but the sheer persistence of the cannon debaters wins out.

Just a thought, but of course the VB-6 is cannon, it's got four of the damned things....arf,arf. :p

Someone mentioned way back in the first few pages about where the landing gear doors were. I was wondering that myself, does this thing even have any in teh fiction?

Fort Max

For the 3rd time and I hope I'm not annoying you guys be asking this, what will be the sizes for the VF-4, VA-3M, VF-5000B, VF-22S,VF-19, VF-17D/S, VF-3000 etc. in 1/100 scale? Fort Max? Somebody?

For the 3rd time and I hope I'm not annoying you guys be asking this, what will be the sizes for the VF-4, VA-3M, VF-5000B, VF-22S,VF-19, VF-17D/S, VF-3000 etc. in 1/100 scale? Fort Max? Somebody?

No one said they were making all of those. But we really wish they would. At 1/100 scale for all of them think equivalent 1/72 VF-1 size. Maybe a little smaller for the VF-4 and -11. That's why 1/72 VFX-2 valks would be preferred, but I can live with 1/100.

But first I want my damned YF-19.

Edited by Anubis

No one said they were making all of those. But we really wish they would.

Me too, but if they to make those, what would be their sizes? (For the 4th time, but with specs please! Don't hate me now! :ph34r: )

Edited by Angel's Fury

Me too, but if they to make those, what would be their sizes? (For the 4th time, but with specs please!)

Caught me before I could edit my last post :lol:

Me too, but if they to make those, what would be their sizes? (For the 4th time, but with specs please!)

Caught me before I could edit my last post :lol:

It's a race whoever gets to edit their post first. :D

lets get over it folks....already...a thousand time over.... :rolleyes:

i think its great and all i care about is that its a durable high quality toy with a reasonable price tag(lets not go there folks). ;)

people keep talking about scales like you guys were actually playing with this stuff. who cares if its not to scale with all the other valks? are you making a movie or diorama using all your valks and everything else yamato releases? :rolleyes:

if you think its a cool toy, its cool, if you don't, thats fine too, but to complain about a toy that hasn't hit the market....its completely f-in pointless!

wait, see, hold, then complain, it makes more sense that way and you'll have some "real ammo" to back up your half-assed statements.

on a side note,

boy it sucks to post in this section...its like frakkin revolving door with the same arguements, from the same people, who over analyze everyones posts....over and over again and again and again and again..... :rolleyes:

grow the frakk up and argue amongst yourself through PM's since no one here wants to read your pointless repetitive drivel everytime some new comes out.....

and for those of you who are planning to rip into me for my post, you're exactly the members i'm talking about so please bitch away and prove me right! :lol:

Thank you for putting into words the thoughts that I'm sure many of us have been thinking.

And you did it so eloquently. :p

Re: Scales

I'm a a wargamer and if I could get a complete series of models in any one scale, yes I WOULD PLAY WITH THEM.

The closest I have is 1/200. I have everything in that scale now except a NosJaedel-Ger. I only have few a Regult pods, however. I wish I could buy them direct 'cuz I'd get about 100 of the newest bandai gashapon regults. They are just right size for me.

My 1/200 Monster? I have the diecast one. It's close enough for me.

In what games is it established the monster can transform?

OHHHH YEEESSSS!!!!

I think I just had an orgasm :lol::huh::p:unsure::)

Holy mother of all valkyries , I can´t believe this is actually real , is so freaking beatiful , not only the toy itself which I find very proportional and very well detailed so far but what all this means.

Ok ,The thing we have to focus on is this : They´re doing VF-X2 toys.

So far Yamato has done another VF-X2 toy , the VF-19A. yeah , all this talking is just boring but what does this mean?

With the koenig being released and the YF-19 on the pipeline ( <_< ) I´m guessing the new resculpted VF-19 will be the VF-X2 variant to complement the current Koenig.

Better than that , this could mean that there´s a possibility of seeing the VF-5000 in the future as well as all the other VF-X2 valks , included the VF-17 !

Anyway , I´m so getting this toy , the koenig isn´t my favourite valk but I really like it nontheless

I'm sure glad to hear that Monster 1/100 is confirmed.. but,...I hate to say that what are the cost and the release date? I presume this sucker, since it's so big will cost no less than 1/48+FP,.. I'm estimating $160-200. Also, I don't presume they will release it till X'mas since we also have the macross zero, armor set, hanger stand coming out. I do admit it's a great teaser for the moment until I see the real thing for sale! :)

L,

Me too, but if they to make those, what would be their sizes? (For the 4th time, but with specs please! Don't hate me now! :ph34r: )

In 1/100, their sizes in centimeters would be the same as the sizes in meters listed in the Compendium.

For the DIY-impaired (as Azrael would say), here are the lengths in fighter mode:

VF-4: 14.92 cm

VA-3M: 15.89 cm

VF-5000B: 14.03 cm

VF-22S: 19.62 cm

VF-19: 18.62 cm

VF-17D/S: 15.63 cm

VF-3000: no data, but probably a little longer than the VF-1 at 1/100 which is 14.23 cm

Edit: divide by 2.54 to convert to inches.

Edited by ewilen

NEW FLASH - this just in, to pacify people whining over the monster being transformable, YAMATO said they will be releasing an optional non transforming 1/60 scale monster

new reports say the kit looks something like this:

product.jpg

Cute... but you'd also need some sort of giant enlarging machine along with your superglue to get a 1/100 monster to be a 1/60, homey. ;)

OHHHH YEEESSSS!!!!

Holy mother of all valkyries , I can´t believe this is actually real , is so freaking beatiful , not only the toy itself which I find very proportional and very well detailed so far but what all this means.

So far Yamato has done another VF-X2 toy , the VF-19A. yeah , all this talking is just boring but what does this mean?

With the koenig being released and the YF-19 on the pipeline ( <_< ) I´m guessing the new resculpted VF-19 will be the VF-X2 variant to complement the current Koenig.

Better than that , this could mean that there´s a possibility of seeing the VF-5000 in the future as well as all the other VF-X2 valks , included the VF-17 !

Anyway , I´m so getting this toy , the koenig isn´t my favourite valk but I really like it nontheless

Didn't VF-X2 also have that transformable glaug? B))

In 1/100, their sizes in centimeters would be the same as the sizes in meters listed in the Compendium.

For the DIY-impaired (as Azrael would say), here are the lengths in fighter mode:

VF-4: 14.92 cm

VA-3M: 15.89 cm

VF-5000B: 14.03 cm

VF-22S: 19.62 cm

VF-19: 18.62 cm

VF-17D/S: 15.63 cm

VF-3000: no data, but probably a little longer than the VF-1 at 1/100 which is 14.23 cm

Edit: divide by 2.54 to convert to inches.

Thank you very much for answering my question, finally!!! :D

OHHHH YEEESSSS!!!!

Oh! I hope you're right on that!?

Didn't VF-X2 also have that transformable glaug?  B))

MAHQ states it as being from Sega's M3, but DAMN, what a compliment mech to the VB-6:

U.N. SPACY

variableglaug-gerwalk.jpgvariableglaug-fighter.jpgvariableglaug-battroid.jpg

OMG YES PLEASE!!!!!!!

Vostok 7

COOL!!!! YES! YES! YES! :oB))

Wow, holy crap!

This is the best news I've heard since I saw the Masterpiece Prime proto photos, but I digress.

While I agree that the sculpt is totally awesome, and I definitely would rather have a sturdy design than one that is totally accurate, did anyone notice that it is lacking the gun turret under the nose?

I don't have a pic, but I'm sure someone does as I've seen lineart comparing it to a Gundam capital ship that is from the same page as a picture showing the turret.

Anyway, if it's not on there, that's fine by me, kudos to Yamato for pullin' it off!

*ahem* Now about that VF-19 FAST Pack.... :p

Nice, nice, but I'm gonna wait and see how the other modes look before I commit myself. Generally, toys that transform are cooler than toys that don't transform, but with something like the Monster, I want something solid, hefty, and sturdy. No floppy monster Yamato. I would definately like to see Yamato do some other more obscure valks (VF-4 baby!!!!).

NEW FLASH - this just in, to pacify people whining over the monster being transformable, YAMATO said they will be releasing an optional non transforming 1/60 scale monster

new reports say the kit looks something like this:

product.jpg

Cute... but you'd also need some sort of giant enlarging machine along with your superglue to get a 1/100 monster to be a 1/60, homey. ;)

Actually, I think a lot was lost in the translation of the Monster to a transforming mecha. The two do look different.

On a different note:

Cannon IS NOT interchangable with canon.

If you don't know the difference, look in a dictionary, or if you really must check www.dictionary.com

Jesus. How can someone complain twice they don't know what a word means? After the first time: LOOK IT UP!

maybe I am more frustrated because I have to grade so many poorly written undergraduate papers...but seriously people "Do It Yourself!"

This is great news!

I'm not gonna buy it because I don't like the VB6, but it's cool that they're making it!

I'm just hoping to see a VF-4! In at LEAST 1/60 scale, because anything under that scale would be too damned small! I mean, it's practically the same size as a VF-1.

Hmmmm... VF-3000 and VF-5000 would be nice! And a re-sculpt VF-11 and YF-21/VF-22~ :D

I do wanna see the VB6 in Gerwalk mode though. I prefer the original Monster, but hey this is cool. ;)

For those who would like to know how the other modes will look, I'd suggest looking at pictures of the IHP VB-6 1/100 resin kit. The design of the toy looks very close to that of the model (at least the shuttle mode does so far...as well it should since they share the same sculptor. ;) )

Found the pics: BATTROID

post-10-1073087138.jpg

Edited by trueblueeyes

Wow. The Koenig is excellent. And, all the wars about scale and canon-ness aside, I have this to say:

Thank you, Yamato. This thing isn't everyone's cup of tea, and yet Yamato's taking the plunge to produce a very expensive, very detailed toy. Honestly, I wonder why they chose this over, say, the VF-4.... it seems the Koenig doesn't have near the fan base the Lightning does. And yet, they're expending the huge amounts of cash to make the steel molds for this thing.

I honestly don't care much about the scale. If it's too big, I'll never afford it or have a place to display it. So 1/100 sounds about right.

Perhaps I don't look at my Macross collection the same... I admire Kawamori more for his engineering genius than anything else. I buy Macross toys mostly to show that off. And to let my imagination wander...

So, thanks, Yamato. You're taking a risk to bring a relatively obscure piece of Kawamori's designs to "life".

Now. I'll take a VF-5000B with FAST packs, please.

Now that the cannon debate is over and wasted a ton of my time reading...

Anybody else want to see a low viz color varient. After seeing some of those low viz paper monsters...I almost like them better.

Wonder if Yamato would be willing to make them in low viz too? Do you think they would sell?