Official Gundam Plamodel Thread

hi, very doubtful you would need to do major work on it, i have seen some nice kit bashes useing the innerframes but it looks like a ton of professional work. what did you have in mind?

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

i just bought the blue astray 1/100 and i'm about to start building it soon. i think it's a awesome looking kit but i'm not sure how poseable it will be and i was thinking of modifying it. i don't have the mg stike and i know it comes with the inner frame so i wanted to know if i could build my blue astray around the inner frame.

i just bought the blue astray 1/100 and i'm about to start building it soon. i think it's a awesome looking kit but i'm not sure how poseable it will be and i was thinking of modifying it. i don't have the mg stike and i know it comes with the inner frame so i wanted to know if i could build my blue astray around the inner frame.

that is what i thought you were planning, there was a nice picture on this site of a custom strike innerframe astray, and it looked awesome. it seems like some major work and alot of months and time and effort to make work

Edited by zeo-mare

that is probably a custom and not a 1/60 it looks like the 1/100 resin version that was made years ago.

chris

Yeah that's got to be the Resin, the detail on it is packed. Master grades are great with detail but there are alot of areas the sculpters and main designers miss out and I wont go into detail cause it'd be hard to explain : /

But PG are still the best models you can get, right? Or are they overpriced compared to the quality of a MG?

Anybody have the PG Strike Gundam or the MK II? Are they worth it?

But PG are still the best models you can get, right? Or are they overpriced compared to the quality of a MG?

Anybody have the PG Strike Gundam or the MK II? Are they worth it?

yup the PGs are awesome, i have both of the ones you are looking for they are both excellent specially the strike. i believe the Aile pack is coming out this month as well.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

Oh I just remembered, I'm gonna try and get the new RX-78-2 pegasus model or what ever either tonight or sometime this month. Course...its not gonna look pale blue and pink.

i do not think you will see a MG providence or duel, i am expecting a MG Force Impulse however. i to am planning on getting the OYW RX-78 it will be fully painted as well.

chris

i like both Wing Zeros, sadly i like the MG better it feels and looks nicer for some reason. it is also sturdier and the parts stay on better. I have heard no rumors or anything on a PG Freedom, alot of people just think because it is a popular design that it has a good chance of being made but no one down at Bandai has said ever anything about it, it is a fans dream but not even a real rumor. :(

Edit: god my typing sucks

Edited by zeo-mare

we're more likely gonna see more striker packs before we see a PG Freedom...and there's so many other suits more worth being made into a PG kit...Bandai releases 1 PG kit ever year to 2 years...

How´s the waist joint on the PG, does it offer good poseability? And on the MG freedom?

Man, every minute the PG striker sounds more tempting in my head ;)

Edited by Twoducks

By sheer looks alone and not judging on technical qualities, the PG Strike Gundam is the best of them all.

The PG Wing Zero Custom is a fat bastard. It's ugly. It's not posable (anyone here managed to get its ankles to bend with the armor on?) It's so uninspired that it is sitting in its box ever since I got it. It is a piece of expensive, ugly crap. It has rubber body cover, for crying out loud!

The MG kit is better in every way.

Yep the Version Ka. MG's of Wing is actually one of the best, infact I bought two and I generally steer away from that. In my opinion MG's of a certain show follow the same frame. Like 8th MS Team, the Ground unit GM's, RX-78 G's and the EZ8's I think all have nearly identical inner frames, the same thing with the G Gundam ones. Once I buy a certain kit, I generally don't go for the others cause it gets repetitive, but than again mistakes I made the first time are corrected the second like with my Wing model.

I'm gonna go buy my RX-78-2 redo version.....*cough* 12 from Bandai isn't it? I lost count...but I'll give a nice review on how well it'd be compared to the first RX-78-2 which I've built....blah.

ok i got a another question guys, you know the beam sabers that comes with certainn kits, they are either molded in clear green or clear pink. is there anyway to change the color ro red. is it possible to thin the red enough so it would look clear but at the same time keep it's color?

thanks chris. also is the pg 1/60 wing zero custom worth getting or the mg 1/100? also any word on a pg freedom?

I think they are both worth their price.,, as each as their ups and downs.

For PG, the Wing Zero Custom is arond $110 right now so it's among the cheapest of the PG next to the RX-78 and Zaku II. This is the first PG to get release before it's Master Grade so it's reasonable to see the newer Master grade having different features instead of the PG being best in everything. But consideing the framework and all the features that it still has instead of the ones that it lacks, it's still a pretty good kit, and it still deserve the PG naming.

The Master Grade Wing Zero is around $40, which is alot cheaper than the PG. It doesn't have the nice internal framing and alot of those feathers and details that the PG has, but it does have most of the feature that a fan would like and what truly counts. First they redesigned the Wings , which I happen to love. It's doesn't have that much detail like the PG but when you open it up,, you will fall in love with it,, or at least question yourself,, why didn't the PG have any of this, or that if the PG would to have these?????. They also used the same framing and designs from a previous kit, Wing ver. Ka. Which was a pretty good kit too. And to finish it off it includes a Stand. Now you can do all the trademark poses.

I had trouble buying the RX-78-2 OYW lastnight, so I'm talking it over with the store owner....I hate it when my address changed but the only thing different is the town name and zip, I'm still in the exact same spot I've been in for the last 6+ years....

does anyone know if the PG Aile pack is out yet? Hobby Link Japan has it labeled as a August Restock. it sounds like they had it in and it already sold out.

chris

does anyone know if the PG Aile pack is out yet? Hobby Link Japan has it labeled as a August Restock. it sounds like they had it in and it already sold out.

chris

So it seems, mine is in payment processing.

chris

Yup saw that too at HLJ. Also Hobby Search has it as Sold out now. So guess it's out.