This is fake, right?

It can't be! :lol:

Directed by Steven Spielberg. Just don't look at the Rated F warning. :lol:

Frodo as Shinji

Natalie Portman as Asuka

Zhang Zi-Yi as Rei

:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by UN Spacy

u got the original verison of that pic? without the actors faces pasted on?

Looks like a chop.

yep... except, really, really, really, "look-I-just-got-a-copy-of-Photoshop" bad.

The internet is a silly place.

Anyone on MW have that fan made Revival of Evangelion photoshop? It had pictures of Asuka, Rei, and Shinji (wearing Misato's cross) all grown up. When I saw that a couple of years ago I was almost convinced.........

Now THAT was a good photoCHOP. :lol:

Anyone on MW have that fan made Revival of Evangelion photoshop? It had pictures of Asuka, Rei, and Shinji (wearing Misato's cross) all grown up. When I saw that a couple of years ago I was almost convinced.........

Now THAT was a good photoCHOP. :lol:

THere was another one....which i failed to copy.

Asuka and Shinji posing in front of a car, and Shinji looks like his bastard father and asuka looks like a MILF. :lol:

Here's the old hoax pic from couple of years ago.

post-26-1080974743_thumb.jpg

Yall Know that there is a live action Eva movie from WETA in production right?

Of course, that's what promted this little thread. There was speculation before on who the cast members would be once it finally goes into production, whereas right now it's still in pre-production, and we just have concept art to go off of. Those can be found in previous threads with a search.

I can handle Natale Portman as Asuka. That's one good photochop of her in that pic :)

Zhang Ziyi would be a cool rei....but MINUS the blue hair man....if its gonna be live action...anime haircolors don't mix.

I can handle Natale Portman as Asuka.  That's one good photochop of her in that pic :)

Zhang Ziyi would be a cool rei....but MINUS the blue hair man....if its gonna be live action...anime haircolors don't mix.

I don't think she'd be that good. I've seen her whoop too much ass to be the sucky Rei.

I can handle Natale Portman as Asuka.  That's one good photochop of her in that pic :)

No, Rei MUST have blue hair. Part of her character. It's the same thing as giving Asuka black hair instead of her auburn hair. It's just not the same.

Except that in real life, colored hair looks damn cheesy and weird. If anything, the albino look with red eyes would be enough for me...there is no way the movie will mimic the anime in everything and it really shouldn't...otherwise, you could just watch the anime.

The trick is for them to make a movie that will appeal to those who lie the anime without upsetting them (hard), as well as make something that the casual movie goer might like without "getting into it"(even harder).

Except that in real life, colored hair looks damn cheesy and weird. If anything, the albino look with red eyes would be enough for me...there is no way the movie will mimic the anime in everything and it really shouldn't...otherwise, you could just watch the anime.

The trick is for them to make a movie that will appeal to those who lie the anime without upsetting them (hard), as well as make something that the casual movie goer might like without "getting into it"(even harder).

i like the albino idea, maybe with light grey hair?

I don't think she'd be that good. I've seen her whoop too much ass to be the sucky Rei.

Rei is cool. Don't make ME whoop yo ass. :angry:

*defends Rei with ultimate fanboyism*

Yes...albino look but minus the blue hair. But from the concept art, she doesn't look like she's albino. And she has brown hair as well. Probably white hair to further accentuate her albino look.

i like the albino idea, maybe with light grey hair?

Yes, I think that would work out nicely. For Asuka, some hapa chick. And Shinji, well, the world is in no shortage of whiny angst filled teen boys. :D

I think a no name cast would work out better for this film, and considering it is a long ways away, they can keep their eye out on young actors that may just fit in with the role by the time filming begins.

Another thing: people are upset at the concept art of the characters. This is just that: art that someone drew(who doesn't draw anime). It doesn't mean they will look like that in the film. I didn't get why people were upset at the concept art...if they were anime drawn people would be happy...but no one looks like that in real life. :D

I still have doubts as to whether Eva can be done justice in live action but, I'll keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't soil the name of it. :cough...Street Fighter....Van Damme...Capcom, what the hell?

Edited by Gaijin

OK, maybe some shade of grey would work, but the right shade of blue could also be good. Not necessarily bright neon blue, but a (darker) shade of blue.

The albino-ish look + red eyes are a must however, and given her nature are physically required. The hair I can be flexible with.

Misato's early live-action concept design however is so far totally unacceptable.

Like I've said before, I still have high hopes on the movie coming out good though.

Edited by Anubis

No, Rei MUST have blue hair. Part of her character. It's the same thing as giving Asuka black hair instead of her auburn hair. It's just not the same.

I don't know that I'd agree with that - and I'm a huge EVA fan.

It may be part of the iconic look of the anime... but Rei, or anybody's hair color is hardly part of the character.

Sure, it ain't the same - but if I was making this movie, I wouldn't want to spend millions only so people can rag on one of the character's goofy looking attempt at real life anime hair. Sorta like Storm's terrible wig in the first X-men movie. It detracts from the film by breaking the suspension of disbelief.

And I'll go on record as saying as much as I'd like to have Natalie Portman next to me wearing Asuka's red plugsuit... she'd be a terrible choice for the part.