Can we make donations?

I did a search for donation threads in this forum and came across vostok7's. I'm not sure if it was seriously talked about. Do Graham and/or Shawn take donations? I'm sure a few dollars here and there wouldn't hurt.

I've said it before but I would gladly donate a few bucks to the site now and then.

But also I have been on sites that take donations before and the only way to make it "work" would be to make it blind donations with no recognition or press given to donors... otherwise a troublemaker could come in and donate a hundred bucks and then bitch that he "was a paying member" when he got censored or banned for bad behavior.

BW should pay for MW. It's 100% of their marketing THIS side of the Pacific.

no doubt, why the hell do they call it Big West anyway,, should be Big East cause they dont release anything outside of home

I think it's because "o" means "big" and "nishi" means "west". Kaya O(h)nishi is apparently the main dude at Big West. He was the one who helped connect Studio Nue with the advertisers (toymakers, etc.) and made the deal with MBS to turn Macross from a good idea into an actual television project.

Anway, there are advantages in being an independent forum that I wouldn't like to see go away.

If Shawn is willing to let us help, I'd support JsArclight's approach. Or we could sell T-Shirts, wash cars, etc.

Edit: or do it like the politicians and have "dinners" where the guests pay big bucks to eat off of paper plates!

Edited by ewilen

If Shawn is willing to let us help, I'd support JsArclight's approach. Or we could sell T-Shirts, wash cars, etc.

A car wash would rock... My fraternity had car washes all the time to raise money for the Cancer Society. All I had to do is take my shirt off and divorced women would line up to watch me wash their car, I porked some of em too, but I didn't charge for that (probably should have). ;)

A car wash would rock... My fraternity had car washes all the time to raise money for the Cancer Society. All I had to do is take my shirt off and divorced women would line up to watch me wash their car, I porked some of em too, but I didn't charge for that (probably should have). ;)

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY............... to much info. lol

You are an arrogant one aren't cha.... :lol:

Beyond words... ;)

Beyond words... ;)

Dude that's fricken dorky. LOL hahaha... :D

I wonder if there are any more shirts from the last MW Con. There were a couple of MW'ers that got together last year and made some excellent ones.

Speaking of which.....when is the next MW Con supposed to be?

I wonder if there are any more shirts from the last MW Con. There were a couple of MW'ers that got together last year and made some excellent ones.

Funny thing. I ran into Binarybeing (shirt guy) at IHOPs. We didn't recognize each other but I was wearing my MWCon shirt. He came up to me and we talked for a bit. I was suppose to contact him afterwards but I forgot to get his #. I'll just PM him later.

Beyond words... ;)

Your too modest

I bet nobody at that carwash ever saw a guy giving doorknobs such a good treatment

"Wax on/Wax off"

I think it would be cool to have MW Chapter (or Squadron?) tshirts, e.g. MW Bay Area, MW SoCal, MW SE Asia, MW Europa, etc. Then, use some of the proceeds to help support the website. Hell, I'd love to buy other chapter/squadrons' tshirts just for the novelty. :)

I think it would be cool to have MW Chapter (or Squadron?) tshirts, e.g. MW Bay Area, MW SoCal, MW SE Asia, MW Europa, etc. Then, use some of the proceeds to help support the website. Hell, I'd love to buy other chapter/squadrons' tshirts just for the novelty. :)

I'd definitely support the squadron idea.

Hey EXO. Have you been in touch with Binarybeing? I'm sure there are a couple of Bay Area MW'ers that'd get in on this.

Count me in. B))

This is such an awesome place, we should definately have some merchandise to purchase to show our support and to support Shawn paying for everything. If nothing else to ensure the site stays put.

Edited by Grayson72