Yammie Koenig Monster proto Rumor

warrhead

Without any proof or pics, it sounds like the typical rumor. We know for a fact that they are working on the regular Monster but it's still a WIP. I hope Yamato is seriously considering making the Koenig in a reasonable size. I would think it would sell better than the huge, expensize Monster.

Without any proof or pics, it sounds like the typical rumor. We know for a fact that they are working on the regular Monster but it's still a WIP. I hope Yamato is seriously considering making the Koenig in a reasonable size. I would think it would sell better than the huge, expensize Monster.

True... but it's a typical rumor with a pretty good source.. Matt Alt over at Toyboxdx knows his stuff and he seems reasonably sure that it's legit.

I'd say I'm leaning toward believing this.

Guys don´t panic about the size of a possible König at 1/60!

Remember that the VB-6 is smaller compared to the MkII Monster.

Think about shuttle mode next to a 1/60 VF-1 and that will be the size of the toy, sure it´s big but not like the MkII Monster

I have a dream :lol:

The feet are similar but not the same, I'm still new here but I can't see Graham lying about a pic in a magazine. If he says it's an ugly samurai robot then i'm inclined to belive him. :)

Matt Alt posted a pic from here of the studio halfeye prototype of the transformable monster in question,

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...001yamvf-11.jpg

It does look very cool and I would love this rumour to be true. :D

Fort Max

:huh: Err....the transformable Koenig monster kit was from IHP/Liquid Stone *not* SHE (studio half eye). And IHP's owner/sculptor Mr. Sakuragawa now works for Yamato. Just wanted to clear that up and give credit where credit is due. SHE has done some great work but they didn't do the Koenig. :)

Melissa

When I say the feet in that pic are from some ugly samurai looking robot I MEAN the feet are of some ugly fricken samurai robot!!!!! : :angry: Sheesh! Does my word mean nothing anymore?

For all you unbelievers, here's the full page pic from Hobby Japan. The reason I didn't scan the whole page originally, is because nothing else on it is Macross related and this is still Macrossworld, at least last time I checked! <_<

I really don't know why I bother sometimes.

As for the VB-6...NO COMMENT.

Graham

When I say the feet in that pic are from some ugly samurai looking robot I MEAN the feet are of some ugly fricken samurai robot!!!!! : :angry: Sheesh! Does my word mean nothing anymore?

For all you unbelievers, here's the full page pic from Hobby Japan. The reason I didn't scan the whole page originally, is because nothing else on it is Macross related and this is still Macrossworld, at least last time I checked! <_<

Graham

Graham, you've been here long enough to know that this isn't Macrossworld anymore, It's Bitchandspeculatewildlyworld now.

Vostok 7

Graham

I defended you at least. :(

Though the no comment leaves a few questions in the air.....

:lol:

Graham

Sounds like a yes to me!

IMO I would much rather Yamato make Destroids, and other enemy mechs than a VB-6.

Whats the practical purpose any way of a craft that large being variable? I dont see one, which to me detracts from the likeability of the show, but it is from the VFX game so its not really cannon so much.

When I say the feet in that pic are from some ugly samurai looking robot I MEAN the feet are of some ugly fricken samurai robot!!!!! : :angry: 

Graham

Liar! That samurai looking robot isn't ugly.

yeah, I also feel good with this "samurai robot" :p

OT:

actually, this is "GARION-SHIKER"

have detail on P.127 , check this out if you like

Lots of good stuff on that page :p

I'd also like to say don't take it too badly, internet forums have a habit of feeling like no-one is really listening. I've done reviews on a couple of transformers prototypes and have had tons of people ask questions that had allready been addressed. :rolleyes:

Whether this rumour is true or not remains to be seen but for now I will be more than happy with the 1/48 Millia when it comes out. :)

Thanks for the info Graham and please don't give it up, we do apprecaite it.

Fort Max

The feet are similar but not the same, I'm still new here but I can't see Graham lying about a pic in a magazine. If he says it's an ugly samurai robot then i'm inclined to belive him. :)

Matt Alt posted a pic from here of the studio halfeye prototype of the transformable monster in question,

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...001yamvf-11.jpg

It does look very cool and I would love this rumour to be true. :D

Fort Max

:huh: Err....the transformable Koenig monster kit was from IHP/Liquid Stone *not* SHE (studio half eye). And IHP's owner/sculptor Mr. Sakuragawa now works for Yamato. Just wanted to clear that up and give credit where credit is due. SHE has done some great work but they didn't do the Koenig. :)

Melissa

Ah, I see. My mistake, thanks for the correction Melissa :)

FM

Graham

Graham,

No need to get testy, only a couple of people in the thread mentioned that you might have been deceptive about the feet, and the rest of us trusted you. Your word is definitely good, and you are right, that is a ugly samurai robot. Anyone remotely familiar with the Koenig Monster would see the obvious difference. No need to modify your behavior or consider that we doubt the validity of your word because of a couple of miscreants. :p

As I first said a long time ago using my deductive Edgar Allan Poe deductive reasoning, a "no comment" is as good as saying "yes." I mention Mr. Poe because he inspired the Sherlock Holmes stories, and not the other way around.

Anyway, I digress, in the past I was the first to mention right after you made a "no comment" remark regarding a previous topic, that logic dictates if the answer was "No" you would have nothing to hide or worry about revealing, and so your ambiquity has only served to verify that which we wish to be true.

A VB-6 Koenig Monster is in the works by Yamato, it's just a matter of time until the details will be revealed.

Thank you for the confirmation Graham. ;)

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Who said Graham lied? I only posted, incorrectly, a point which I already acknowledged, that the feet were somewhat similar.

It is a pretty ugly samurai figure though, thanks for the whole pic.

Is that thing from Gasaraki? Looks similar..

Who said Graham lied? I only posted, incorrectly, a point which I already acknowledged, that the feet were somewhat similar.

Vermillion One,

It definitely was not you. Why ask, just go back through the thread, page 2 specifically, and read the posts, which I just finished doing myself for the third time. I have not seen anyone point the finger at you, which would be wrong.

The last thing we need to do is start a witch hunt or go burning any crosses, though. What's done is done, and I don't think anyone meant to intentionally offend Graham.

You did not post anything wrong, and your VB-6 Koening picture served to show the differences between it and the samurai's feet.

All we can do now is move on, and be happy about the news. ;)

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

i think everyone on this thread needs to take a day or two off .

its just a toy, i think everyone's driving graham nuts. keep doin this and he won't give ANY hints anymore (wich would probably be a good thing anyway seeing the fever some of you guys get into over these little things!)

just wait untill it's announced officially!!! i find it hard to beleive some of the same people who complain about spoilers for movies can be this blood thirsty over seeing pre - production action figures.

When I say the feet in that pic are from some ugly samurai looking robot I MEAN the feet are of some ugly fricken samurai robot!!!!! : :angry: 

Graham

Liar! That samurai looking robot isn't ugly.

Yes, that samauri like robot is fulgy.

I sure hope that the Koeing Monster rumor is true. And hopefully it's in a scale that I can display.

Whether the Koenig Monster rumor is true or not I'd just like to say that I hope Yamato continues on with the trend started with the Queadluun. I LOVE my Valkyries and all but MAN does the Q-Rau spice up the shelf. We NEED more non-Valk Macross! I'm perfectly willing to "pay too much" for it too! I'm the proud owner of 3 Q-Raus and I paid full price from HLJ (oh and one from TMPanime) baby! YEEEAH!

I highly discount this being true..... the foot in the magazine picture looks nothing like the foot of a VB-6 for one thing, and second of all, we would've heard something by now if one was going to be released...

sorry fanboys, you'll have to be content with the standard HWR.... I don't think the VB-6 is coming to Yamato any time soon, in fact... I'd bet the house on it. To be any kind of scale worth owning, this thing would have to be HUGE. Make it transformable and add any level of detail or realism to it? You're talking AT LEAST $500, if not more.

It's amazing at which the speed of ONE PERSON saying ONE THING can send this entire forum into an uproar of rumors... one person will say that 'somebody said something was coming out' and the next thing you know, someone else is saing 'yeah, I heard it was gonna be this scale...' and so on and so forth. You guys are entirely too quick to believe everything you hear. Hate to say it, but it's a pipe dream, and you all know it.

HAVING SAID THAT...... even if the guy was wrong and it was a proto of the standard HWR Monster, that would rock ass... they've been due for one for quite a while.

Edited by Skull Leader

i got a lot of faith in what matt alt says. Hes a respectable dude. I see him as the graham of japanese toys in general where as graham is the almighty yamato macross dude. it makes sense to make a koenig monster and its appeal to me is immense, god know sit will look badass,. come on its yamato we talking about here. something tells m they said screw escaflkowne nad worked on this more.

i got a lot of faith in what matt alt says. Hes a respectable dude. I see him as the graham of japanese toys in general where as graham is the almighty yamato macross dude. it makes sense to make a koenig monster and its appeal to me is immense, god know sit will look badass,. come on its yamato we talking about here. something tells m they said screw escaflkowne nad worked on this more.

I have no doubt at all that he's a good guy... I'm just saying I don't think he knew what he saw... but believe what you will.... just don't say I didn't tell you so when it turns out to be a flop.

sorry fanboys, you'll have to be content with the standard HWR.... I don't think the VB-6 is coming to Yamato any time soon, in fact... I'd bet the house on it.

You'd bet your house on it eh? Is it a nice house? Does it have a sea view or a swimming pool? How many bedrooms does it have? I'm looking to upgrade to a bigger house.

Graham