Yammie Koenig Monster proto Rumor

warrhead

Just saw a post on the Toyboxdx BBS put up by Matt Alt about a buddy of his who attended a trade show and claimed to have seen a Koenig Monster proto at the Yamato booth... Graham?

If it's true, then I'm kinda' amazed I didn't hear about it here first!!

Edited by warrhead

I wonder if it was the regular Monster instead?

Then again, nothing has been seen of the Monster Destroid in a year or more, so maybe they decided to engineer a Koenig Monster instead... if it's 1/60th still, it will be huge and cost an arm and a leg! :blink:

Spill the beams, Graham! B))

damn, did I spell Eternal wrong? or did they??

anyway...that'd be awesome if they did. but anybody can say they have a reliable source. even if graham said it's so, doesn't mean yamato won't change their mind and do something else. I'd be ecstatic if it did happen but until I see some prototyp productions, price, and release date...it's all hear-say.

Welp,

Matt cleared up my confusion with this reply:

me -- "Is it possible that this was actually the Yamato 1/60 Monster rather than the Koenig Variable?"

M.A. -- He's knowledgable enough to know the difference, for one thing. But at any rate, I don't think there's any way to confuse the enormous 1:60 Monster for a "normal-sized" three-stage transforming toy. (I wouldn't have posted the news otherwise!)

Of course, this was then followed by a "hope it shows" post ...... anyone recall those 1/60 Fast Pack sets?!? :rolleyes::p

Well, it is possible I suppose. The sculptor of the original 1/100 scale Koenig Monster variable resin kit (Mr. Sakuragawa....the head of IHP) *does* now work for Yamato. So maybe they will release a toy of the figure. It wouldn't be the first time we have seen Yamato use the VF-X2 license.

Then again, maybe it was just the resin model being displayed to showcase Yamato's new designer's skill. Who knows? Until I hear anything for sure, I refuse to get too excited. Although I would like for Mr. Sakuragawa to finish that YF-19fp. :)

<_< It sounds like a good idea, but when the product comes out, it might come out as a dissapointment. Yamato might have the better valks compared to the competitors, but that doesnt mean the valks lived up to their initial hype.

YES, thats the only thing I think the foot can be, unless M0 destroids?

Nice catch

I agree that those feet look familiar, but with the quality of that pic (or lack thereof) it's hard to say for sure... 'Sides, here's what Graham had to say about those feet:

The feet on top are of some ugly looking samurai robot, nothing to do with Macross or Yamato. No idea what series it's from.

Either he lied, or it's really some ugly looking looking samurai robot as he said.

Edited by warrhead

YES, thats the only thing I think the foot can be, unless M0 destroids?

Nice catch

I agree that those feet look familiar, but with the quality of that pic (or lack thereof) it's hard to say for sure... 'Sides, here's what Graham had to say about those feet:

The feet on top are of some ugly looking samurai robot, nothing to do with Macross or Yamato. No idea what series it's from.

Either he lied, or it's really some ugly looking looking samurai robot as he said.

Lieing would be bad carma :p

poop

The feet are similar but not the same, I'm still new here but I can't see Graham lying about a pic in a magazine. If he says it's an ugly samurai robot then i'm inclined to belive him. :)

Matt Alt posted a pic from here of the studio halfeye prototype of the transformable monster in question,

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...001yamvf-11.jpg

It does look very cool and I would love this rumour to be true. :D

Fort Max

Well, it is possible I suppose.  The sculptor of the original 1/100 scale Koenig Monster variable resin kit (Mr. Sakuragawa....the head of IHP) *does* now work for Yamato.  So maybe they will release a toy of the figure.  It wouldn't be the first time we have seen Yamato use the VF-X2 license. 

Then again, maybe it was just the resin model being displayed to showcase Yamato's new designer's skill.  Who knows?  Until I hear anything for sure, I refuse to get too excited.  Although I would like for Mr. Sakuragawa to finish that YF-19fp.  :)

Too true on both accounts. :D

But for now....definitely something to dream about innocent.gif and 'go a little loopy' w00t.gif over until confirmed or shot down.

Edited by GRAND CANNON

I can't see Graham lying about a pic in a magazine.

Actually, I have to agree with that... In the past when Graham had to keep something under his hat, he'd simply say that he couldn't tell us, so why would he start lying now? 'sides, I guess those feet aren't alll THAT familiar. ...and anyway, if pics of a KM HAD been printed in that magazine, then this would'nt be a rumor now would it?

Graham already said the feet in the VF-0 pic belonged to some kind of samurai0ish mecha. He didn't post the full thing because there was no need to. If a Macross item it's in a magazine there is no reason for Graham to deny it, in fact it's his que these days to reveal the thing in the first place. He couldn't mention the VF-0 until the proto sculpt appeared in the magazine, anything else will be the same thing. I' sure Graham would love to spill the beans about what he knows. No reason to doubt the man.

I would love a VB-6 toy, but I'll believe it when I see something concrete about it. They need to get the -19 out first before they focus on much more new stuff anyway, outside of M0 mecha.

I'm pretty skeptical. Especially considering that Yamato's normal monster isn't even out yet. I could see following up the Monster with the Koenig if the sales were good enough, but that's about it.

If Yamato DID make the VB-6, it'd have to be a whole lot smaller than 1/60. If it was, it'd prolly cost upwards of $1000. It'd easily triple the parts count of the normal monster. Plus, it'd be a massive pain in the ass to transform at that size :lol:

The best theory I've hears so far is that it was actually IHP's kit on display, to showcase their sculptor's talent.

I'm not finding the indea that Yamato is using IHP's Koenig design for a toy to be too credible. Having the kit in my posession and having worked with many of its parts in great detail already, I can tell you it definitely wouldn't be that easy. The differences between molding resin and injection plastic are like night and day. The majority of the kit's parts would have to be broken down and modified in order to make a toy of it. And even if it was 1/100 scale, like the IHP kit is, the toy would cost a fortune.

I would love for this to be true, as well.

I would also love for this toy to be badass and affordable.

Of course, things don't always turn out the way I want... so I won't get too excited yet. I'll let the usual suspects around here do that for me. :p

It will definitely be cool if it is true, but either way I'm still looking forward to my IHP VB-6 Koenig Monster recast.

Hopefully Graham is trying to get permission to post and verify that Yamato is indeed releasing a VB-6, or perhaps he just hasn't seen this thread yet.