twin moons anime packaging?

natgun

how well does twin moons package their toys? ive been a regular customer of bigbadtoystore for many years, and i find their packaging to be second to none. every single time ive ordered from another store, i find the packaging to be sub-par. even my first package from valkyrie-exchange was poorly boxed and as a result my super vf-1j hikaru box was squished. i am super-anal about the condition of the boxes when i recieve them and even the slightest scuff pisses me off. BBTS is the only online store that delivers my toys in pristine condition. unfortunately the soul of chogokin gx-19 getter liger is out of stock everywhere and it doesnt look like BBTS is getting in any more in the near future. i dont want to miss out on this toy before it dissapears. i missed out on the soul of popynica space battleship yamato and now it goes for $450+ on ebay, GRRR.

so what do you guys think, will i be happy with the condition of twin moons packaging or should i hold out for BBTS to get more of this toy.

Tam packages his items very well. I've never had any problems with any of the things I've ordered from him. I'm probably going to order the SOC eva's from him once he gets them in stock.

I usually buy all my stuff in person, but if I can't I get it from VEX or Twin Moons. I'm surprised at the experience you had with the VEX actually. As far as Twin Moons, I bought Takatoys stickers recently and even those were packaged well. He made sure those things wouldn't be bent at all. Thanks Tam!

I am sorry to hear about the condition of the box. I'm extremely surprised it came dinged considering that I packed it with extreme care based on your "I desire a nice box note" and email:

1) The bottom of the box was covered with ~3 sheets of crumbled unprinted newspaper

2) "L" shaped foam pieces were used to cover opposite corners of the Super VF1J box bottom

3) Bubblewrap covered the top cover of the box

4) "L" shaped foam pieces were used to cover opposite corners of the Super VF1J box top (opposite of the bottom fittings)

5) The top of the box was covered with 2-3 sheets of crumbled unprinted newspaper

In all, there was ~ 1 inch cushioned gap around the entire toy...I don't know how you can cite poor packaging considering the effort put out....It is likely USPS man-handling these parcels...

If you would like to exchange to the box, I'd be happy to do so. Just let email me. :D

-Kevin

Edited by VALKYRIE-EXCHANGE.COM

Yeah, I've never had a problem with Kev's packaging save for once, but I was buying a B condition item anyway so it didn't matter.

But then, I'm not admittedly anal about packaging. My Q-Rau though arrived in factory fresh condition :)

Vostok 7

I've ordered from kevin and from twin moons... haven't had a problem with either... didn't ask for the super packaging treatment from kevin but my valks came in nicely and boxes were in good shape.

The packaging from twin moon was good as well, no complaints.

I would most likely guess it was banged up while in transit. Kevin is a good guy and takes pride in his work.

Now as for Tam he does a great job of packing things regardless of what it is. I have never had any problems with anythingTam has packed other than trying to figure out how to get into the packaging. LOL!!! :lol:

well i think the problem was that usps probably man-handled the box and that was the cause. but what contributed to the problem was the styrofoam corners that were used in the box, it didnt provide enough cushion from any type of pressure on the sides of the box. if popcorn or bubble-wrap had been used to cushion the toy from all sides(ala BBTS), the box would have been far more resiliant to this type of pressure. as a result with any squeezing of the sides of the box, or more specifically the corners, this pressure was directly applied to the toy box as well. and i got a big crease on the back of the box from the bowing as a result of this pressure. ill try to post a pic of the dammage. its not the worst ive recieved but this kind of stuff really irks me. i guess my chioce of words werent the best.. i just find that solid styrofoam doesnt protect the box as well as one would think.

kevin you were extremely polite on the phone and i didnt want to make a stink, but i will send you an e-mail and pictures of the dammage. the toy hasnt been opened so its still sealed.

Tam and Kevin always pack their stuff top-notch. TOP-notch. :)

Between Kevin and Tam, there packaging couldnt be better. Yeah my 1/48 boxes were a little scuffed from Kevin. That was because I ordered his discount special on blemished 1/48s. :D Anyways, I just my FP and 6.5 inch Polyresin Figure Minmay. Man do I like it! Thanks Tam. Oh I forgot, the packaging was solid. Wrapped my FP in bubblewrap and placed the Figure in thee box. Then it was stuffed full of newspaper. Of course I used FedEx. B))

i hear neovas packing is like a sherman tank...i'll let you know for sure in a few days

I can vouch for Neova's packaging. He even included a nifty carrying strap made out of packaging tape, tons of bubble wrap, and bubble wrap. Did I mention the bubble wrap? :p

ok heres a pic of the damage to the toy box itself, its hard to see because my digital camera sucks, but if you look at the very top edge at the center you can see the dent, what you cant see is that there are creases in the box that go a few inches across the top of the box from that point and they also extend almost half-way down the back of the box.

post-4-1079678074_thumb.jpg

That was definately banged up during transit. My guess is that more filler could have helped it out but even I sometimes ship boxes without filler to keep the weight down and without breaking the bank of my customers.

See if you can talk to UPS about some form of compensation since they should never allow such damage.

Still bubblewrap is relatively cheap and the added bonus is that all of my shipments will float should the plane decide to toss the packages out over sea. :p:D:lol:

My bubblewrap distributor loves me!

Edited by Neova

No packing would have saved that short of a steel box. Take a look, that package looks like it got "Karate Loaded" re: there was not enough space on the shelf it was loaded to so someone gave it a swift kick to wedge it in. It doesn't look like it got Stepladder treatment or else it would have been a real mess. :p

At any rate, yeah, everything I have ordered from Kevin at Valkyrie Exchange has shown up in pristine condition and packaged as well as could be short of encasing the items in steel, looks like you just got unlucky with the postal service, better luck next time.

It seems you got "special treatment" from the guys a t USPS <_<

Everything I bought from Kevin came down here to South America in pristine condition. Each package survived USPS, and the reatrds from customs and the Argentine Postal Service.

Tip, if you're going to complain to USPS, go to the Consumer Protection Department first and get some tips. When you do complain to USPS, tell them up first that you've contacted the CPS, and they'll take you seriously. Otherwise, you're just another complaining customer to them. I did that when I ordered my 5 VF-1S Hikaru's from Tamim, he cut up an extra Yamato box and put it around the box with my valks in it. Dickheads at Australia Post used a stanley knife to get it open (they mentioned that they opened it with a green sticker on the side) and sliced throught he top of two of my boxes. Plus, they must have screwed up seriously because there was a puncture through the tape lining the sides of the box. I didn't really care what happened to the boxes as long as the valks were fine, but thinking about all the treatment that they took just burns me up. :angry:

Yeah, looks as though the box was terribly mishandled.... <_<

As for your question about twin moons, I must concur that his packaging is comparable, if not better than big bad toy store. I purchased my valks from both, and Twin moons is cheaper (most of the times) and extra careful with packaging. That dude even signs personal thank you notes in his packages. :lol: your toys are in good hands natgun, Tam's the man.

Tam is my pusher man. He rocks!

I've also done business with Kevin with nothing but good results.

Edited by Draykov

I have ordered from Tam and Kevin and never had a packaging issue. Plus I am not a mint box person. I have asked Tam for the dented box ones because I am not picky obout that issue. In some cases it is cheeper for me. Sorry about what happen too you. Kevin will make good on it.

Kevin is the Man and I trust him : super packaging with all my orders. It's definitly the postal service that does not care much...