Go bots

Ali Sama

man I remember when i was 8 or 9 watchign this show. I used to have on e of the bikes. transformers was alot more popular. I still liked this show.

though I have to admit it was a badly drawn and written show. you can;t beat nostalgia thoguh.

I remember that one, it was quite crappy, I remember being quite angry 'cause the only weapons they used where their hands.. the shoot something with them.. aaarrrgg! I had a few toys, they were of really good quality but overall the design was not good, the good guys leader was an F-15! hehehe!

Later

I honestly don't remember any of the GoBots cartoon, but I had a bunch of the toys when I was a kid. The deluxe size toys were kind of cool, but even though they had more diecast than a Transformer they just weren't as interesting. I still have my favorite deluxe GoBot, who's name is about as terrible as they come: Spay-C. Here's a pic of him with a couple other smaller GoBots that I still have. And yes, Spay-C was drafted by the Decepticons...

post-26-1079325946_thumb.jpg

I honestly don't remember any of the GoBots cartoon, but I had a bunch of the toys when I was a kid. The deluxe size toys were kind of cool, but even though they had more diecast than a Transformer they just weren't as interesting. I still have my favorite deluxe GoBot, who's name is about as terrible as they come: Spay-C. Here's a pic of him with a couple other smaller GoBots that I still have. And yes, Spay-C was drafted by the Decepticons...

Some of the more interesting designs came out in series 3, sadly this series is very rare, I have to say the series 3 Super gobot that that transformed into a bike, (not cykill, there was one that actually looked like a real bike) is pretty astounding.

I bought some of the earliest Machine Robo toys released by Popy when I was little. Each toy would come with a transformation bookleft (more like a long sheet that's folded into a mini-booklet) that also includes a comic strip featuring the toy you just bought, along with a designer credit listing the name and age of the mecha's designer. Many of them were as young as 6.

By kids for kids :lol:

Yeah, I remember this cartoon. I actually liked it back then. My favorite of the bunch is cy-kill and turbo. The rest were whatever. :p:D:lol:

Gobots...now that was back in the day :D The only Gobot I still have that I can find is a fairly large 80's Red T/A that had an AM/FM radio buit into it. I remember getting this as a birthday present when I was a wee lad. I should check to see if the radio still works lol.

Rob :ph34r:

vehicle modes

Wow. I don't know if I had Spay-C, I definitely had one that turned into a white shuttle, but not sure it was him.

Anyway, that red guy in the right -- I HAD HIM!! Forgotten all about him, but looking at the picture now... Yeah, there's no mistaking it.

I was actually gonna reply to this thread with a "Whatchoo talkin' 'bout? Gobots suck!" But you are right about nostalgia....

vehicle modes

That red guy on the right is named "Fitor," I think. I used to have one too, way back in the day...

Yeah. A bit of a crappy design, but now that I think about it, I used to play with him all the time. One of my favorites. Possibly MY FAVOURITE!! Wow, goes to show what else I may have forgotten.

Might even go get myself one again... Nah, that'll be going too far... Right..?

I still have two of my gobots...

one turns into an AV-8B Harrier (his name is "Royal One" I think)

The other one is larger and turns into a Toyota Celica Police Car, but I can't remember his name.

I had a load of these when I was younger.... they had a version of "hot rod" to I think... it was a little red guy that turned into a car if I remember correctly (I could have his name all wrong though) that was my first and favoirte gobot, and I'd love to have him again.

JEM was cooler than Go Bots.

lol. speaking of holograms. remember a toy line which had it's own anime. thy had hoegraphic plates on their chests and animals and other creatures came out of them. Thye also had alot of vehichles and other medivel/ modern hybred stuff.

lol. speaking of holograms. remember a toy line which had it's own anime. thy had hoegraphic plates on their chests and animals and other creatures came out of them. Thye also had alot of vehichles and other medivel/ modern hybred stuff.

That one was called "Visionaries" and it was awesome! i had some of the action figures... quite crappy by the way, but the series was really cool! Jem on the other part was really awful!!! It came when "My little pony" was on air and I think those shows really sent me to play sports!

heh, just bought new bedroom furniture, and while cleaning the old stuff out, my wife found her old Jem collection. i should sell it!

oh well.

gobots was ok, back then i preferred Transformers over Gobots.

did they ever finish the Gobots story?

I don't even remember why they were fighting.

That one was called "Visionaries" and it was awesome! i had some of the action figures... quite crappy by the way, but the series was really cool! Jem on the other part was really awful!!! It came when "My little pony" was on air and I think those shows really sent me to play !

I saw a few episodes of Visionaries off the web. God, them 80s cartoons were violent! :)

"I should crack you out of principle!" Actual quote from the show

Damn, I remember those Visionaries.....was pretty coll stuff.

How about MASK with their "transforming" vehicles and the 'coo' helmets they all wore.

I think the main character guy drove an IROC!!!

(funny.....he didn't look Italian...)

How about MASK with their "transforming" vehicles and the 'coo' helmets they all wore.

Matt Tracker!!!!

VENOM, were the bad guys

MASK stood for:

Mobile Armoured Strike Kommand

Kommand!!? :rolleyes:

These 80's shows teaching kids poor spelling right out of the gate.

Go-Bots... now that brings back memories.

i had quite a few of them, my favourite was an enemy car, female voice.... did anyone here own the scooter guy? one of the good guys if i recall correctly...

can't wait to get home, my Q-Rau is in the car..picked it up today! :D

Ahh, it was "Thunderhawk" I believe.... I had that one, the orange GTO that turned into a tank and the purple 300ZX that also turned into a jet (far cooler looking than the IROC Z-28 looked)

I actually saw someone's IROC T-top that they painted to look like that one, it was pretty cool.