Go bots

Ali Sama

Back around 1986, IIRC there was a short lived cartoon titled something along the lines of "Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs"...course this was an anime "Bismark" which featured western-ish styled powersuits (like those of Bubble Gum Chrisis), robotic horses, and a big shuttle like ship that transformed into a cowboy-ish robot (basicly the body of the shuttle folded into some sort of cape)...I don't think any toys of this appeared here in the states, and the show wasn't on long...but it was kinda cool (I liked it more then Mask at the time)...just wondering if anyone remembers it?

Yes....and chick in the show is pretty cute....

She is one of my childhood ...er...fantasy... :p:p

april8l.jpg

Yep, April was a hottie :unsure::p:lol: . Forgot her name in Bismarck though. Another Gr8 series. I also had the bootleg diecast Bismarck/Ramrod I got at the flea market.

When I was in high scool I smuggled a pocket size TV to school with me every day so I could watch Dinosaucers in homeroom. :lol:

omg I completely forgot that show. I now even rememebr the theme music. damn lol.

llink

Did I forget to mention that I did alot of drugs in high school? ;):p

You didn't mention, but I believe it's assumed about a few of the folk around here... not mentioning names or anything :rolleyes: "cough cough"

(Godzilla @ Mar 15 2004, 01:41 PM)
(Agent ONE @ Mar 15 2004, 11:37 AM)

JEM was cooler than Go Bots.

You remember JEM don't you? Rock star show!?

jem was a gobot

The remarkable thing about these toys is that they were all created from designs submitted by Japanese school children.

Designed by children... That sure explains a lot :lol:

bsu legato Posted: Mar 15 2004, 03:20 PM 

Go Bots were only for poor kids, or kids whose parents didn't love them. 

Eric cartman singing "in the ghetto... in the ghetto"

This thread should be renamed cartoon nostalgia LOL.

Galaxy rangers did kick butt. I had fogotten all about it :rolleyes:

others I really liked...

voltron

battleship yamato

Gummy bears

thundercats

robotech [i didn't know better so don't hurt me :rolleyes: ]

13 ghosts of scooby doo [vincint price was in it LOL]

the real ghostbusters

danger mouse

D&D

some that were ok...

TMNT

scooby doo reruns

wheeled warriors

GI JOE [they were all such bad shots :unsure: ]

transformers

swat cats

master of the universe

adams family

dino saucers

tolerable...

ducktales

tail spin

sparticus

bannana man

rescue rangers

centurions

dukes of hazard

garfield

the rest

Tranzor-z

rainbow brite

my little pony

care bears

smrfs

snorks

ghostbusters [the not real one]

go-bots

things I only vaugely remember...

a show about some dude, a kid, and a girl. The moon was spilt in two by something and the world was all messed up

"galaxy hawk"? people in space with wings...

soooo many more I forget :lol:

Galaxy Rangers was cool. Was the first time I'd seen 3D computer animation in a cartoon. Still like the way they did it. Just the stuff on the computer screens was CGed.

Cartoon with the split moon was called Thundarr the Barbarian. It was one of my favorites. No kid in it, though. It had a guy, a chick, and a thing that looked like a cross between a wookie and a cat, with hooves.

Anybody remember Pirates of Dark Water?

"galaxy hawk"? people in space with wings...

soooo many more I forget :lol:

Silverhawks.

Yeah, I had the INCOMPREHENSIBLE board game, which I got "board" of very quickly.

And how can you put the TFs in the "they were ok" group??

I remember the Gobots/Rocklords movie.... I actually had some of those after the movie came out.....

... who woulda thought kids would buy toys that turn from robots..... INTO ROCKS!?!?!?

Worst. Marketing. Evar.

It's almost as fruity as the wonder twins...

Form of a panther!

Form of a uh... a cold glass of water!

Yeah, Jimmy you transform that Go-Bot into a realistic piece of granite! Awesome!

Man....of all these shows, it brings so many good memories...Like the time Voltron teamed up with Vehicle Voltron in "FLeet OF Doom".

ANd yes, I remembered Go-bots.

Back in the day, we used to called it "The Rip-off Transformers".

I still watched the show regardless, though.

WHen I entered my teens, I realized how retarded the show really was and how ultimately usely the Gobot, Scooter was.

Btw, where can I find(or download) episodes of the Machine Robo series?

To this day I still want the GoBot Puzzler.

Ulyses 31 was cool, but I only caught a few episodes. I had always liked the mechanical designs and if Shoji really did work on them, I guess it makes sense.

Inhumanoids was pretty decent.

I remember Pirates of Dark Water, it has some kind of flying talking monkey in it.  Animation was crap even back then...I remember liking it at one point and then seeing it on TV recently and despising it totally.

Strange you thought the animation to be crap. Pirates of Dark Water (the first five episodes, at least) was an experiment by Hanna-Barbara, to create an older (young teen) audience cartoon. It used twice as many drawings per episode as a "normal" 22 minute cartoon, plus many scenes were "on ones" (24 drawings per second, rather than the standard 12 (or less) drawings per second). Unfortunetly, the experiment failed, as it was of course twice as expensive. When they showed the 5 pilot episodes again, the flying monkey's voice was changed from a calm british accent to Scrappy Doo... The Horror!

Its too bad, really. Pirates of Dark Water was some of the best animation to come from that studio..

*Pointless segue to real thread topic*

Where as "Challange of the Gobots" is probably one of the worst from Hanna-Barbara. I still remember a line from the charactor Dive-Dive; "I like it here on Earth. Theres no water on Gobotron."

Then why the hell does he turn into a submarine?!?.....

Man, I hate to de-rail the thread further, but if we're waxing nostalgic on 80's cartoons, them I must plug my favorite cartoon of all time; Mighty Orbots. The writing was terrible, but the animation holds up even today....

*Pathetic attempt to stay on topic*

The Go-Bot combiner Puzzler was even better than the Transformers Gestalts IMHO, because all the members transformed into the Limbs/Torso of the Puzzler without need of extra parts....

How the hell can I forget that toon? Mighty Orbot's rocked, came around the same time as Lion Voltron. I just found out recently that Osamu Dezaki; known for the Blackjack OVA's and Blackjack movie, was the animation director. What's scarry was the voice of the Quik Bunny was the voice of the male blonde character, the name escapes at the moment.

Can't remember anything from the GoBots cartoon, but the toys were pretty cool. I managed to save a few of them from my mom sending them to Salvation Army hell and the garbage tho.

Oh, and about Saber Rider, that show kicked ass. Too bad all the episodes on Kazaa and everywhere are in german :( The coolest char was Jesse Blue tho (dunno his name in the original). He had this one-man space craft that transformed into sort of a power armor, like the ride armor bike things in Genesis Climber Mospeada. That guy was badass :D

Edited by Mellow Yellow

"Jem...that is my name....no one else is the same Jem is my name.....

I hated that show. I lived to watch Robotech, Thundercats, and Transformers.

Another show came along called Silverhawks that I initially thought iws cool till they had a character that had a cowbay hat and sang country music. What a dumb idea.

I thought GI Joe totally sucked.

OMG! I remember the chainsaw cars! I forget the name, but you could re-arange the vehicle to different designs..

Heh, remember Robotix?

Since we are talking about 80's cartoons,

....is there anyone who is a fan of Care Bears just like me?  :p  :p

No your just strange :p But thats okay, I'm a freak gobotlovin fool :p

Edited by GobotFool

Since we are talking about 80's cartoons,

....is there anyone who is a fan of Care Bears just like me? :p:p

I remember wanting their cloud car toy. Who wouldn't want a car shaped like a cloud? Hmmm....I think I may still want one. Ebay, here I come! :lol: