toy section becomes a danger zone....

as a person who reads more than he posts I have noticed a trend around the toy forum over the last couple of months. lots more bitching, complaining and just rude opinions and comments, that sucks and I would hope that the people with the "important opinions" will remember that everybody has a right to express their intrest in the forum and although some go overboard it's all for the love of toys and this is why we are all here, right? also I think that if people can't remember not to use fowl words(robotech,f---,ect.)then they shouldn't post! just because it is a forum it doesn't mean that all parties express by posting or are even members, we have many viewers . if I was looking for a forum to join and read some of the negitive comments around here I would of joined Rt. and I suspect that happens daily around here! alot of great people come here and bring a great sense of

community so anyway just remember why we come...............thanks

I have noticed a trend around the toy forum over the last couple of months. lots more bitching, complaining and just rude opinions and comments

Just over the last couple months? :D BTW, are YOU going to buy the Q-Rau? Do you think the VF-0 will be worth it?

If you can show me a Forum that doesn't have it's fair share of pessimists then by all means go ahead. I don't think I've ever been to a Forum where everyone agreed on every single issue. Personally, it's nice to see that everyone has their opinions (whether it's good or bad).

Well, if you guys don't want opinions and comments - whether they sound rude or not - then don't visit forums at all. Just have Shawn or Graham have a bulletin where ONLY they can post; and the rest of you guys can nod your heads and agree with everything like a bunch of "yes men".

I've been called "bitchy" and I don't think I have been. Enough sensitivity already -- stop acting like a bunch of little girls when someone complains about a product. These toys are expensive (whether we're college grads, or not), so expect questionable and judgmental comments once in a while. It won't hurt...

This is a great a place to visit. But ease up folks.

Bitching about bitching make you no better than the bitches your bitching about. :rolleyes:

Opus.....see the bottom quote in my sig?......you ARE a Jedi, aren't you? :ph34r:

(Secret's safe with me, man. ;) )

shadowerv2 sorry you are exactly the point of this topic, and the topic wasn't about the toys it was about the a-holes in this forum telling others what and how it works . if expressing a observation of action is wrong well, I guess we should just not hold back and just let the crap fly in this place! I guess I need to work on my communication skills because some missed the point. again opinions are not the same as slams...

people here are reaching out to others with the same intrests and wanting to discuss topics related to the products, not get crap for posting topics that some might feel are a waste of time........does this make sense?

ok, I was one of the doods bitching about something recently. honestly, I dont' see anything wrong with puttin up your opinions, whether it be positive or negative. what we need less of is people calling those who say something negative "bitches". are the pessimists not allowed to give their comments because they ideas are different from yours? does the negative feedback on a toy, literally stop you from making your toy purchases? I seriously hope not. If I find something that I think is worth the money, will I go out and buy it even tho other people say it's crap? you bet your money maker i will.

so in restrospect, we as a community just need to respect each others opinions. I should be able to bitch and whine all I want, as I am allowed to praise and acclaim something to be a worthy purchase.

edit in: I don't find my opinion more important than the next persons. if you can convince me otherwise of the way I think, great, I'll accept it...but I hope that goes the other way around too.

Edited by Eternal_D

To post your mind is fine. Everybody is entitled to express his oppinions and comments.

Problem is there is too much people making FUN with the comments, taking a normal discussion into a battlefield. This shows no respect.

Well guess we have to deal with this, after all there is a lot of people who feels very comfortable bitching about something WITHOUT SHOWING THEIR FACES.

They are all so MACHOS. An endemic "Internet forums" problem.

ok, I was one of the doods bitching about something recently. honestly, I dont' see anything wrong with puttin up your opinions, whether it be positive or negative. what we need is people calling those who say something negative "bitches". the pessimists are not allowed to give their comments because they ideas are different. the negative feedback on a toy, literally stop you from making your toy purchases .

in restrospect, we as a community just need to to bitch and whine, as I am allowed to praise and acclaim something to be a worthy crap purchase.

edit in: I find my opinion more important than the next persons.

Yep, you are a Troll Danny.

But we still love you. :p

shadowerv2  sorry you are exactly the point of this topic, and the topic wasn't about the toys it was about the a-holes in this forum telling others what and how it works . if expressing a observation of action is wrong well, I guess we should just not hold back and just let the crap fly in this place! I guess I need to work on my communication skills because some missed the point. again opinions are not the same as slams...

people here are reaching out to others with the same intrests and wanting to discuss topics related to the products, not get crap for posting  topics that some might feel are a waste of time........does this make sense?

As odd as this may sound..... a thread with alot of bitching is rather refreshing in this section. I honestly cannot stand another "Whats Yamatos next release?", "when is XXXX going to be release", "Damn you Graham throw as a bone here!!" and "Look!! My 1/48 can dance the Macarena" thread, which seem to be a constant in this section.

And besides.... those past few threads are nothing compared to the first 1/48 review and everything that came after that. Face it, bitching is an integral part of this forum and its not going to go away over night, after all everyone here has the right to complain about something they dislike.

Having said that.... it doesn not mean its cool to bitch about the same thing over and over. :p

Edited by Abombz!!

shadowerv2 sorry you are exactly the point of this topic, and the topic wasn't about the toys it was about the a-holes in this forum telling others what and how it works . if expressing a observation of action is wrong well, I guess we should just not hold back and just let the crap fly in this place! I guess I need to work on my communication skills because some missed the point. again opinions are not the same as slams...

people here are reaching out to others with the same intrests and wanting to discuss topics related to the products, not get crap for posting topics that some might feel are a waste of time........does this make sense?

Wow.. that was enlightening. By the way have you looked at your self lately? You come here to bitch about other people bitching? Oh I'm sorry it's different when you do it then? And what you say makes so much sense now? Well if people are allowed to say whatever they want then WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?

You say whatever you want. I say whatever I want. Quite frankly if you don't like something the best thing to do is to just stay away from it instead of just starting something telling people how they are a-holes and they should stop it.

This will be the last and final reply to you. Argue all you want play your holier than thou games.

GET A LIFE. People actually have better things to do.

shadowerv2  sorry you are exactly the point of this topic, and the topic wasn't about the toys it was about the a-holes in this forum telling others what and how it works . if expressing a observation of action is wrong well, I guess we should just not hold back and just let the crap fly in this place! I guess I need to work on my communication skills because some missed the point. again opinions are not the same as slams...

people here are reaching out to others with the same intrests and wanting to discuss topics related to the products, not get crap for posting  topics that some might feel are a waste of time........does this make sense?

Wow.. that was enlightening. By the way have you looked at your self lately? You come here to bitch about other people bitching? Oh I'm sorry it's different when you do it then? And what you say makes so much sense now? Well if people are allowed to say whatever they want then WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?

You say whatever you want. I say whatever I want. Quite frankly if you don't like something the best thing to do is to just stay away from it instead of just starting something telling people how they are a-holes and they should stop it.

This will be the last and final reply to you. Argue all you want play your holier than thou games.

Wooow! Cool! now this thread will be closed because of YOU!

It is funny how your argument with Calvin are the best example of what this thread is all about.

One thing left to say.

PATHETIC.

Now, lets have fun and watch some Red Comet Flash movies before he gets banned. :D

I remember the days when I joined the old forum. In those days we use to have constructive criticism and tolerance between members , nowadays if someone criticises someone else beloved toys he gets flammed because he´s supposedly bitching.

If I were to join this forums as it is todays I would rather not , in fact I´ve stayed here mostly because of the old members and the nice atmosphere they bring up in this place from time to time.

I agree with Calvin that seeing thread after thread getting infected by authoritarian members that tell everyone to shut up just because their views are being contrasted by others is just ....boring.

Is like those fanatical religious people who go to other peoples churches and burn it to ashes just because they don´t have the same beliefs.

I also like to see some bitching from time to time but I think sometimes (as in , everyday) it gets out of control , specially from those people that feel like they´re god and only their opinion is valid.

C´mon people , we´re supposed to be adults ! Telling other people they´re bitching just because they don´t see things like you is idiotic.

Long gone are those days when we were all expectant and optimist about the toys we would see.

This place has turned from a place where we would share opinions and experiences to a hell hole where everyone that opens his mouth is masacred with insults and rude words.

yeah , we could all say , if you don´t like it then get the f--k out of here , but where else would a macross purist go ? RT.com ? yeah right...seriously , telling pople what to do and what to think is not the way to try to convince them that you´re right , your probably going to piss them off.

Edited by Aegis!

C!!! All of you guys can post your opinions however you want. What we do ask you to refrain from is

a) personal attacks. Debate a persons argument not the person.

b) unconstructive criticism. Okay you don't like something. That's fine but don't go around posting, "xxxxx sucks! Fix it!" Instead go post something like, " xxxx sucks! I think it could be fixed by doing xxx or redesigning it this way or .......etc."

Also the unabashed "fanboy" post. I don't mind the occasional, "this rules!, or Roxxor! or this is the greatest thing since the square wheel!" posts but try to be a bit more articulate. ie "this rules! I love the way the lines flow on this toy!" or "Roxxor! that's a great way to get perfect transformation in the toy! Facts of Life Rulezzzz!!!"

Remember, this isn't a chat room so don't just use one-liners. Come up with a point-of-view and back it up with reasons. Discuss, debate, have fun.

Oh yeah, and all of you go refresh yourselves with the FAQ so I don't need to write crap like this again!!

B)):ph34r::ph34r:

Dangard Ace wins the prize! :lol:

I like how this admin manages to post stuff that at the same time remains calm, stays inoffensive, is amusing, and can pull some good stuff up from the bad! :)

I remember the days when I joined the old forum. In those days we use to have constructive criticism and tolerance between members , nowadays if someone criticises someone else beloved toys he gets flammed because he´s supposedly bitching.

I take it you missed the first 1/48 review thread and the wave of threads that came after it. :lol:

Wooow! Cool! now this thread will be closed because of YOU!

It is funny how your argument with Calvin are the best example of what this thread is all about.

One thing left to say.

PATHETIC.

Now, lets have fun and watch some Red Comet Flash movies before he gets banned. :D

Nobody will miss this thread. I actually hope it does get closed <_<

i have no problems with anyone bitching ONCE about something...everyone bitches, its a fact of life.

but to constantly bitch about the same thing over and over again as was done in the "q-rau review" thread is OUT OF HAND.

even after people asked to stop bitching about the price and took the thread back on topic...the SAME people continued to bitch about the price. <_<

its fine to share your opinion ONCE but to post everytime someone says they're gonna buy something that, "it sucks, it cost too much, you elitest with YOUR money suck, you shouldn't be spending your money, everything sucks!"

you see where some of us could find that obnoxious?

if things get ugly walk away...its really not that hard. i got roped into some crap back in the day, what did i do? i took a break and stayed away for a while. was it hard? NO. you can do the same thing...or better yet, just don't come back. you don't have to go away mad, just go away. ;)

BTW, welcome to macrossworld,

where everyone asks for everything, nobody wants to do nothing, and then start 10 threads of whining and btiching when we do get something. :lol: