isn't It about time Takara made MP decepticons?

Rick_Randy

ok the MP convoy/Optimus Prime and a few re done autobots/cybertrons have been released isn't It about time they make

Decepticons/destrons???

even just a MP megatron would be great..

no cause they hate you!!!

that was uncalled for...

now back to the topic at hand...

I would love to have some bad guys...but megatron would be difficult to sell here since he turns into a gun and all....but I've read on other forums that he can be displayed in robot mode like Prime but still, the back will show the transformed mode. whatever, screw the US market I say. Takara! Make Megatron you fools!

The problem with Megatron is if he matches Prime's robot mode, he's going to be oversized something recockulous as a toy gun, unless they make him a desert eagle or .44 mag or something...

I kinda would like them to make Megs a tank (T80 or T90, M1A1, Leclerc, Leopard II, whatever)...

Yeah Megatron can no longer be a gun, besides he hasn't even been a wepaon of any sort after his G1 incarnation. More likely he is going to be a tank, that seems to be his new chosen form. G2 Meggs, Amrada Megs/Gavly, and Energon, which is a tank and a plane...so Tank=Megatron. They could make a tank transformation Look similar to his G1 Robot mode though. besides the original Megs was tiny...

I have a feeling if the do a Decepticon Masterpiece figure, it'll be Starscream.

If they did a megatron, it's really a tough call on Takara's part. You have to consider this...

"Ok, let's make a MP Megatron!"

"Ok, but should we scale it so that his bot mode is the same as Optimus or so that his gun mode is the size of a real gun?"

"Is it wise to make him a gun again? I know! Let's make him his second form! A tank!"

"But then we'll alienate the hardcore fans!"

COntinue from there.

Starscream is almost as popular as Megs, has less contriversy over his alt mode, and Hasbro could also fully support the production of it.

(And no "Hasbro SUX!!! They can't make guns or long pointy smoke stacks!!!!" It's not their fault, they're following US laws and I salute them for that!)

:)

I think a spacy gun like Shockwave can still made, so they could alter Megs accordingly. Or maybe make him an RPG or AT-4 or bazooka or something... Be it gun, tank, or bazooka, Megatron's robot form needs to match Optimus Prime... which kinda goes against gun anyway... and I do find it funny that gun-mode megs is kinda puny compared to Prime's "ion cannon" (especially since he's cheating by adding all the crap to puff himself up). :)

Starscream would be cool. I'd say keep him an F-15 rather than make him an F-22 or whatever. F-15's are still out there after all and they didn't make Prime a new type of truck.

I would like to see Decepticons (and Autobots!) in their original forms before coming to Earth. No TF line has done that yet, have they? I should probably start another thread, but this isn't a TF board. ;)

Edited by Uxi

I think they should just make soundwave!! oh man, that would be lovely! But I feel that the megatron wouldn't be much of problem for takara to make. Screw what hasbro thinks. Takara reissued megatron, and that sold pretty well. But hasbro couldn't reissue him because of the stupid regulation crap for kids. Either way I'm still buying the takara stuff anyway. Even though Hasbro reissued some G1 transformers, they just had to modify it in some way just the meet the standards. Anyway, all I gotta say is if takara decides to make make a megatron, it better be a damn gun! :p:D:lol:

The problem with Megatron is if he matches Prime's robot mode, he's going to be oversized something recockulous as a toy gun, unless they make him a desert eagle or .44 mag or something...

Well to be fair, Megatron's original U.N.C.L.E. inspired P38 mode was decidedly stuck in the 1970's. If you wanted to update Megs, I think a Desert Eagle wuld be a perfect place to start. Or perhaps the S&W .500? Give it a modern aimpoint-style scope, and maybe a fancy muzzle break, and you're set.

Finally, I just realized something . If Megatron, as the MP-2 was to fit with Optimus Prime in robot mode, it would be a good thing. Indeed in Walther P38 mode ( the gun ) it would be at least twice bigger than a hand size real P38 so I would't stand for a menace to US laws, it would be just 2/1 replica, a big toy :D

Anyway, I would buy the Takara version :p

And I add the same feeling concerning Soundwave and Blaster. I dont' mind to have to need my hands and my feet to handle them If they were to be produced under the Masterpiece line :rolleyes:

Lets get a MP Shockwave! He could easily stand toe to toe with prime in bot mode, and still maintain a managably sized gun mode. Plus he is cooler than megs anyway ;)

Hey how possible do you think it is for them to make a MP Galvatron? Engineering wise that is.

BTW I would buy a decently articulated non transforming megs in scale with MP prime if, it had tons of detail, a kickass sculpt and was made out of diecast and high quality plastic

Edited by GobotFool

BTW I would buy a decently articulated non transforming megs in scale with MP prime if, it had tons of detail, a kickass sculpt and was made out of diecast and high quality plastic

Especially since we already have Megs in an "accurately" sized gun-mode (as the Prime holding him shows...) which brings another point. Megs MUST be bigger than normal sized if he's that comparative size with the MP Prime...

Kinda means he woudn't be a Transformer, though...

Or just make a transforming Megs that turns into a fixed artillery piece... like a more-primitive Galvatron (155mm Crusader or something...)

Especially since we already have Megs in an "accurately" sized gun-mode (as the Prime holding him shows...) which brings another point. Megs MUST be bigger than normal sized if he's that comparative size with the MP Prime...

Kinda means he woudn't be a Transformer, though...

Or just make a transforming Megs that turns into a fixed artillery piece... like a more-primitive Galvatron (155mm Crusader or something...)

Very true, still it would be better than the currently crappy PVC figs, or the nice looking but compleatly solid statues.

I think they should just make soundwave!! oh man, that would be lovely! But I feel that the megatron wouldn't be much of problem for takara to make. Screw what hasbro thinks. Takara reissued megatron, and that sold pretty well. But hasbro couldn't reissue him because of the stupid regulation crap for kids. Either way I'm still buying the takara stuff anyway. Even though Hasbro reissued some G1 transformers, they just had to modify it in some way just the meet the standards. Anyway, all I gotta say is if takara decides to make make a megatron, it better be a damn gun! :p:D:lol:

And SoundWave Could be an Ipod :lol::lol: are if you wanted to include the tapes a miniDisc Player :p

why are you guys complaining about size? uhm, it's anime magic ok. there's no anime magic in real life. :rolleyes:

I still want him to be some sort of gun...but if I want it, that means it's going to be a tank.... <_<

*shoots Eternal D, ensuring Megatron is reborn as a gun again*

well I apologise to Takara and all those who hate my guts, If I did something wrong

Tell me so I won't do it again..

I know this ain't macross related but just curious that is all.

Dont Mind if megatron was upgraded even to a .44 Automag even an over sized walter p38 it is fine by me.

(maybe those add on parts can be used somehow to contribute to his height)

personally I'd like meg's eyes to light up

an evil red glow, that would be most deserving.

(did shockwave have his eye glow in the old toy release?)

As with other decepticons, starscream would be logical alternative

It would be great as long as he can bend his l

legs in jet mode like in the cartoon.(sorta gerwalk like)

Soundwave as a "real" mini cassette player would be awesome to behold,

battery operated of coz.

(nice pics king nor, do you by any chance know a guy called charles peralta on deviant?)

Edited by Rick_Randy

Megatron can be a triple-changer.. a gun and a tank. :)

A gun will not be realistic, but we don't have to use all the parts.. if so, it can be of the correct scale. The unused parts form another thing, say, a (smaller) tank or the gun's carrying case. :lol:

I've always liked Megatron best as a gun, and if they do make a Master Piece Meg, then it should be the gun. IMO the gun best reflects his personality.

If they did soundwave, then a cassette/mp3 player combo would be great! :D

Joe P.

why are you guys complaining about size?  uhm, it's anime magic ok.  there's no anime magic in real life.  :rolleyes:

I still want him to be some sort of gun...but if I want it, that means it's going to be a tank.... <_<

*shoots Eternal D, ensuring Megatron is reborn as a gun again*

hehe, I mean, I want him as a tank dammit! do a tank version!!

abrams or merkava you pick what looks best to run over civilians

that would suit megs if His gun could fire.

good idea guys on the desert eagle with scope, it would be possible

to make him look close to his old self in robot mode,be great if he is

chromed.

Hmm omega supreme,tripticon or metroplex MP..:D