cool Alien DVD box set

bandit29

Pretty cool case.

Killer Alien Box Set for Japan Only

It might be worth the $300 for a case this cool.

February 02, 2004 - Well, it seems once again our friends outside of region one get a real killer deal. Killer in terms of the packaging and the price.

You may remember last year that Borg Mega Cube released in Europe, containing all seven seasons of Star Trek: The Next Generation. Well, Fox has that one beat.

The Alien 25th Anniversary Collection being released in Japan will contain all nine discs as found in the Alien Quadrilogy but comes in the most badass case ever seen. As Bill Hunt at The Digital Bits - who broke this story - noted, this tops the rotting flesh cover for The Evil Dead.

The price, however, is painful - 29,800 yen, which comes out to a little more than $300. A second set, called the Ultimate Collection comes with the nine discs in a clear green digipak for 14,800 yet, or around $160.

No word from Fox as to whether or not this case will ever be released in the U.S.

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/489/489472p1.html

post-26-1075826168_thumb.jpg

Now lets see MW try to do something like that... :lol:

Hehehe, that would be cool. The boxset would be the upper half of the plane and the dvd's will be in the cockpit!! :p:D:lol:

I can only imagine my cat pushing that off my DVD cabinet onto the floor then playing with it's highly entertaining but easily scratchable brains...

I can also imagine a houseguest waking up in the middle of the night, stumbling around for a light switch, flicking one on and then pissing their pants on my carpet in terror...

I can go one step further and see myself opening wine bottles with that thing's maw...

I guess it does serve some practical purposes... time to look for one on eBay in a little while! :lol:

Dude, that totally rocks the socks of the flimsy as Hell gatefold we got. That's one crappy gatefold, too. They need to take a lesson from the HK companies.

Okay, that's pretty cool. If I liked the Alien movies enough I'd probably try and get it.

Hmm...just thinking of other possibilities like Bobe-Patt mentioned....

Mazinger set where the DVDs stack in his head

X-Men movie set where the DVDs are the wheels for Xavier's wheelchair

Batman set where the DVDs hide either in his utility belt or emblem

um...Jenna Jameson set where the DVDs hide....?!?!?!? :p:lol::D;)

Sorry that last suggestion came from thinking about other possible Mazinger sets.

What I don't get is why they have so many discs when Alien was only a two movie series!?! :blink:

Must be a lot of bonus material, huh? and when will they ever get around to making a third one? Man, so many questions...

Edit in...

Jolly Rogers, your sarcasm filter seems to be on the fritz. Have you tried DLing the new 2004 codec? :D

Edited by LePoseur

Man, I would so put that at the foot of my room mate's bed one night....

I'd wait until he drank himself stupid, of course, so Mr. Hangover will make the sight THAT much more to behold....

Come to think of it, WHERE can I get this?

Man.. why couldnt we have gotten that? It would have only cost around 150 US, probably like 120 street!

(Figuring the Japanese regular Quadrilogy set they said was running 160, when US was 100, or 70 street...)

Aliens is like my favorite movie ever and part of my holy dork trilogy, alongside Transformers and Star Wars. I SOOO woulda bought it...

LOL!!!

That thing is nuts! I would have to be really crazy about Alien to get that and I am not, so I won't.

If there was some kind of DVD holder Macross style that was big and crazy like that I would get in a heartbeat though.