1/72 Legioss (UNS Livery) Build Gallery

This is the old Imai kit. I rebuilt the thrusters, added the tread detail, added the AN/AA-13 Nav pod and upgraded the landing gear. I modified the cockpit with ejection handles and crewed it with a UNS pilot. I also added the wingtip nav lights.

The overall scheme is inspired by the F-15J recently done by Kris Seiber in Scale Aviation.

IMG_0352.jpeg

IMG_0358.jpeg

IMG_0357.jpeg

IMG_0356.jpeg

IMG_0354.jpeg

IMG_0353.jpeg

IMG_0355.jpeg

Really  great build! The cockpit detail is exceptional. And the canopy itself looks spectacular! Congrats on a job well done and a beautifully finished kit.

Edited by Chas

The plastic was quite brittle and I had to build a few spots, for example the head cracked apart into little pebbles at one point and the wing tips were quite thin before adding the nav lights. 

Very nice interpretation of this kit; it's always interesting to see a familiar design in a new light.

It would look more realistic if you went a tad lighter on those heavily engraved panel lines IMO. The texture on the exhaust parts is cool.

2 hours ago, electric indigo said:

Very nice interpretation of this kit; it's always interesting to see a familiar design in a new light.

It would look more realistic if you went a tad lighter on those heavily engraved panel lines IMO. The texture on the exhaust parts is cool.

I kinda like the dark lines on this one. It’s a much smaller aircraft than a Valkyrie and I think this kinda gives it more of a close up feel. 

Posted (edited)

The panel lines are super wide on this oldie! I used a greenish brown for most of the panel lining and some blacker on certain areas to give the impression that they open. It was a limitation of the kit that I wasn’t prepared to correct, lol.

It is a very small plane! It fits in the palm of my hand. The base kit is definitely not as crisp as say a Has VF. It was a bit of a nostalgia build.

Interesting comments though, thank you all.

Edited by Goodman Models
Added comments.