if only these Macross items were made. unproduced and never made stuff 1982-1985

Swann

Imai 1/72 Fixed mode fighter kit. Still can't believe this was never offered. I swear there is a mocked up one in the Imai commercial.
Only way to get fighter mode was the Variable kit.

And a 1/72 Phalanx...like WHY not.

Lastly some Nichimo Queads and Nousgadeul Gers...they would have been a decent size. They were cancelled for more valkyries, but did show up on a 'coming next' list in the beginning.

We saw the Imai 1/72 Super O prototype...but they lost the Macross license and it never came out.

image.png.055886892a585baced352a74221873ce.png

image.png.417217d8e5e5ff505fa45e9d627d8aa9.png

Scales are too wonky for Zentraedi mecha... that was always a shortcoming of the show from a toy perspective. A Q-Rau is like 33% larger than VF-1 and the VF-1 toys were already considered large in their time. Maybe it would have worked as part of the 1/100 line and people could have just ignored that and played with them with their 1/55 VF-1 toys. 

6 hours ago, Swann said:

Takatoku die cast Zentraedi line. That is a mystery. That should be solved. A 1/55 die cast Quedluun-Rau. What would have been.

If these were scaled up to maybe close the the size of the Takatoku Macross Collection line they probably would fit in with the aesthetic of the other diecast figures in the line...

gallery_12176_618_22602.jpg

10 hours ago, jvmacross said:

If these were scaled up to maybe close the the size of the Takatoku Macross Collection line they probably would fit in with the aesthetic of the other diecast figures in the line...

gallery_12176_618_22602.jpg

I would have loved to see them made a somewhat 1/55 die cast scale of the pods. With that iconic package box style.

On 12/16/2023 at 9:02 PM, jvmacross said:

Takatoku was going to release a stand alone Super Parts set...like they did for the GBP armor...but never got to release them...

large.20200427_211316.jpg.208a0c29ce4c1c

"The appeal of Super Valkyrie lies not only in the Valkyrie itself, but also in the Super Parts (Booster for outer space) that are attached to it.  What are it's equipment and performance?

First, the parts attached to the arms are equipped with two micro missiles each, and are designed to increase bulletproof capabilities.

Next, the leg parts are propellant tanks dedicated to propellant and coolant, which help extend the action time.

Lastly, the booster tank is the most distinctive feature of Super Valkyrie, and this is attached to the back of the fighter, and the equipped High-Mobility nozzle and booster nozzle maximize acceleration and maneuverability.  There is, addictionaly, the front of the booster is a missile pod, and its firepower is several steps higher than the standard type.  After all, it is a Super Mechanism.   Super Valkyrie.

Booster exclusively for use outside the atmosphere Coming Soon.  (estimated price) 1,500 yen.  Of course, it can be installed on each Valkyrie."

Does anybody know if the 13 pictures from the 6-page Minmay photo album in the ending sequence of SDMF were released at some point? Where and how would one acquire them if so?

I also imagine someone would have made a replica of that photo album at some point. Anybody know?

Edited by locidm

17 minutes ago, locidm said:

Does anybody know if the 13 pictures from the 6-page Minmay photo album in the ending sequence of SDMF were released at some point? Where and how would one acquire them if so?

I also imagine someone would have made a replica of that photo album at some point. Anybody know?

Maybe someone made their own replica of the book...I have never seen one posted....would be nice....

As for the 13 pics....sort of?

Gakken released a series of photo idol packs that sort of capture the photo concept from that book...

They are relatively easy to find and get posted on Mandarake and YJA a few times a year if you wanted to hunt the 3 sets down...

Edited by jvmacross

3 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Maybe someone Made their own  replica of the book...I have never seen one posted....would be nice....

As for the 13 pics....sort of?

Garden released a series of photo idol packs that sort of capture the photo concept from that book...

They are relatively easy to find and get posted on Mandarake and YJA a few times a year if you wanted to hunt them down...

Oh wow so those 13 photos were actually never released? One would think lots of people would have wanted copies. 

Thanks for the photo pack info. I definitely dig them and hopefully score one in the future.

On 12/19/2023 at 2:13 PM, jvmacross said:

Another set of items not produced in nowhere sufficient amount of  assortments were SDFM and DYRL plushies!

Only one was officially released as far as I know...

I know it’s slightly off topic but I still pine over that fully completed Hi Comical Orguss Orgroid that is shown in that Takatoku promo catalog you have @jvmacross, but it was  never released.  To know it got that close to production makes it worse.

57 minutes ago, glane21 said:

I know it’s slightly off topic but I still pine over that fully completed Hi Comical Orguss Orgroid that is shown in that Takatoku promo catalog you have @jvmacross, but it was  never released.  To know it got that close to production makes it worse.

Who knows...with Bandai's renewed interest in SD via the Tiny Sessions line...maybe they will branch onto other show mechs...

Looking at the pic of that SD Orguss again....looks more like it was to be part of the "Paro" line than the "Hi-Compact Line"

gallery_12176_640_207897.jpg

Edited by jvmacross

On 12/16/2023 at 7:20 PM, Shawn said:

Lastly some Nichimo Queads and Nousgadeul Gers...they would have been a decent size. They were cancelled for more valkyries, but did show up on a 'coming next' list in the beginning.

I’d have loved these. I loved the little Glaug and the Regults looked great for the size.

Wasn’t there also a tease for the monster? Can’t remember for sure, but I think there was. Imai did do a nice little one for the time, but more monsters more better 

8 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

What about a full cast of 1/55 scale figures. It would have been nice to have pilots for a lot of the mechs.

But that would defeat the whole point of Takatoku trying to make their customers think of these toys as "super real diecast/plastic scale model & high technolgy" to be customized per your own specifications...:rolleyes: