Bandai HG 1/100 VF-19 Kai

Convectuoso

2 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Apart from HLJ, which has failed to deliver this kits on time, what other stores have this for preorder? I found it on Amazon for twice the retail price!

Most American sites will have it like USA gundam Store or bbts or entertainment earth, Japanese sites not so much unfortunately 

Oh would you look at that, they can make feet that don't suck.  :rolleyes: 

Seriously, they need to go back and redo the YF-19 to this standard.  This looks better in all three modes.

Also.. dunno how we got here, but we have two identical topics about this kit running side by side.  Probably worth merging them, or something.

Edited by Chronocidal

3 hours ago, MikeRoz said:
1 hour ago, Big s said:

Most American sites will have it like USA gundam Store or bbts or entertainment earth, Japanese sites not so much unfortunately 

That's surprising. Clearly I misread something, but I thought this kit was going to be a Japan-exclusive release...?

4 hours ago, kajnrig said:

That's surprising. Clearly I misread something, but I thought this kit was going to be a Japan-exclusive release...?

I don’t see why it would be. Hg probably would’ve put a stop to the Macross Plus kits before 7 just due to the American releases of Plus over the years, but since they only seem to have a say with the og series and dyrl (not sure about 2012 since it really wasn’t released in the states) then pretty much everything else is fair game 

9 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

HLJ hasn't shipped my YF-29 Max yet. I'm hesitant to order the Kai from them.

I wasn't able to get YF-19, YF-29, or YF-29 max from them. Pre-ordered all 3 as soon as they were added to the site. The only thing I was ever able to get from HLJ was a sheet of the YF-29 max decals. But couldn't get the other 2 decals.

All my kits I've bought at various local stores.

I really only ordered the YF-19 and 21 with a set of decals for each from hlj. The 21 hasn’t come in yet, but I got my 19 set right away. My other 19 sets came from I think bbts, but it might have been a different US store and it seems I got those before some people got theirs fro hlj even though it was about 3 months later when those came in.

I think that you either have to be in a rush or not caring when they come in that hlj might be worth the gamble. They from my understanding still fulfilled their orders even though it was on a second run from Bandai. I trust hlj, and I think this probably is more a Bandai issue but I wouldn’t count on a first run unless your quick on that preorder 

On 12/21/2023 at 1:49 AM, Convectuoso said:

HLJ hasn't shipped my YF-29 Max yet. I'm hesitant to order the Kai from them.

I still have a HG YF-19, YF-21, YF-29 Alto, and YF-29 Max ordered at HLJ.  Those will be my spares as I know they will likely come in dented and crushed boxes.  I'll keep the order of the VF-19 Fire Valkyrie there too.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...