Optimus Prime

1 VF-1 2NV

alright boys and girls. Somebody actually recasted the long stacks and is now selling them for 10 bucks! It's not bad compaired to the original. Check it out here:

Smokestack Post

I'll probably get a set later.

Damnit! After ordering the takara one this one comes up! But it just doesn't have the shiny-ness that the original one has. Mixed emotions make Tiny crazy! :wacko:

/me waves at Tiny, welcome back!

OK, pay $75 for a hasbro, put $15 stacks on it (shipping included) you have $90 allready, and you have to put them on. just go buy a takara for a few dollors more

So where are you getting yours for $75? I'm seeing them for $60-65.

ebay,,,they may be cheaper elseware, but most on eabay are like buy it now for $75 for me its worth having the takara as long as you dont over pay for the thing

It's not $75 + 15, it's $63.62 at Wal Mart + $13 for these stacks = $76. Even sales tax isn't gonna add more than 5 bucks anywhere.

Find me a Takara under $110 shipped... I see one on ebay for $73.50 but it's $42 S&H :blink: Usually $90'ish + 30-35 is the norm.

Without this stack issue, the "dirty" paint scheme is more than acceptible. Especially for $30-40 bucks!

Heh one thing hasbro has that takara doesn't is decent quality control, Takara MP Prime has really cheap plastic and due to the weight that they support(usualy around the feet) stress marks and breakages are common, Takara used really cheap plastic for MP Prime where as Hasbro used a much more hardier plastic, unless you are just going to keep him in the box and never open it, get the Takara version. If you are going to open and pose and display him get the Hasbro version, granted it has the shortened stacks, but really yuo don't notice them after awhile. It's sorta like when widescreen first appeared, you really noticed the black bars on the top and the bottom of the screen but now it's so commonplace you don't really notice it anymore, it's kinda the same with Prime's smoke stacks.

huh?

mien is fine. what are you smoking?

Takara MP prime uses much cheaper plastic, Hasbro has much more hardier plastic for the MP Prime.

source?

Whatever Man! Of all the things argued about at the transformerworld2005 board about the two primes, the quality of the plastic is not one of them. The only differences are the battle damage, the smoke stacks, and the black gun. Ali sama I think BFG-1 Gigan is very wrong about that statement.

Edited by NSJ23

I got the US one last night.

I got to handle the import back in Dec when a friend got it and the US is the same minus the different stacks and the battle damage.

I paid $69.95 @ Target. Wally world hasnt had any latley.

Still totally worth it.

Now bring on the rest of the Alternators!

It's not $75 + 15, it's $63.62 at Wal Mart + $13 for these stacks = $76. Even sales tax isn't gonna add more than 5 bucks anywhere.

Find me a Takara under $110 shipped... I see one on ebay for $73.50 but it's $42 S&H :blink: Usually $90'ish + 30-35 is the norm.

Without this stack issue, the "dirty" paint scheme is more than acceptible. Especially for $30-40 bucks!

Well, twinmoons (Tamim) has them for under 110 shipped. Depends on where you live though. I got it for only 102! :p:D:lol:

Well lucky for me I got my Takara for $94.00 shipped so i don't have to go through all that. I got what I wanted straight out the box. :D

I got mine for 100 shipped and a second for 104 shipped,,no dirty paint scheme, i dont have to do plastic surgery to lenghten his stacks.

Hasbro 69+5(tax)+13(stacks shipped??)=$87, plus gas to go get it and take it apart. and its still dirty,,,,worth $10-$20 to me anyways

I still think paying $20 or more is a lot of cash. I don't mind the Hasbro paint job and I plan on doing a cheap fix for the smokestacks (metal tubing). But I have to find one first. I looked at several stores here in Houston and found nothing. It appears that most stores don't even stock it yet.

I'm all for deals, but when talking bang for the buck here, some weathering that can probably come off as easy as the Low-Viz did is the way to go.

Well as far as I can see on Tamim's site, he's sold out. So if you know of somewhere else that has it for under $100 before shipping, then please post up. Otherwise the Hasbro is a far better buy. $94 SHIPPED?? :blink: That's an insane deal. Congrats! Where? Even Toy-Wave (which has got to have some of the best prices I've seen, including the 1/48 Max 1A for $89 bucks!) is $100 before shipping. I'm looking around and I can't find it now for anything else less than $110 shipped on ebay or anywhere else that has it in stock.

And why would you insist on paying $69, when you can pay $63 (WalMart), Pfunk? Add tax and you're still under the Target price, much less Toys R Us. Yes, 13$ includes shipping (it's 10$ + 3$ shipping) for these recast stacks.

I'm all for deals, but when talking bang for the buck here, some weathering that can probably come off as easy as the Low-Viz did is the way to go.

Well as far as I can see on Tamim's site, he's sold out. So if you know of somewhere else that has it for under $100 before shipping, then please post up. Otherwise the Hasbro is a far better buy. $94 SHIPPED?? :blink: That's an insane deal. Congrats! Where? Even Toy-Wave (which has got to have some of the best prices I've seen, including the 1/48 Max 1A for $89 bucks!) is $100 before shipping. I'm looking around and I can't find it now for anything else less than $110 shipped on ebay or anywhere else that has it in stock.

And why would you insist on paying $69, when you can pay $63 (WalMart), Pfunk? Add tax and you're still under the Target price, much less Toys R Us. Yes, 13$ includes shipping (it's 10$ + 3$ shipping) for these recast stacks.

It was $100 even to my front door for the 1st and $104 for the second,, to me its worth it, exspecially when I can get more than that now. as for the person, it was a private person and a 2x deal only, but Ive heard of deals close to that for fairly easy. And for the low vis, they are going for almost $150 more than what I paid. thierfore I recommend going the extra and getting the Takara version, Im sure it will go up in value faster than the Hasbro version. And when it comes to my way of thinking, I buy 2 and when the value goes above the 1st, I can get rid of one and have the 2nd for free. In a couple years I guarantee the takara will be worth over $200 on ebay, Just like the low vis is fetching more than $250

*sigh* People are going to be fighting over this silly Takara/Hasbro Prime thing for years, aren't they? Am I the only one who, regardless of his own personal choice (Takara), thinks it's really, really cool that people can choose between two different price ranges? Same goes for the Bin/Alt toys. There are the Takara versions for the eccentric toy freaks (that's me!) and the Hasbro versions for people that can actually practice financial restraint. I think it's awesome that both sides can play with (essentially) the same toys. The debate over which is better is really pointless and out of hand.

Went to walmart today and to my surprise 10 primes were looking stright at me, :o:o there were also alternators side swipe. prime was 63.62. side swipe 19...something. I've been in - n - out of walmart for the last month 1/2 finally paid off. prime is one heavy guy alot of diecast

Edited by kam63

*sigh* People are going to be fighting over this silly Takara/Hasbro Prime thing for years, aren't they? Am I the only one who, regardless of his own personal choice (Takara), thinks it's really, really cool that people can choose between two different price ranges? Same goes for the Bin/Alt toys. There are the Takara versions for the eccentric toy freaks (that's me!) and the Hasbro versions for people that can actually practice financial restraint. I think it's awesome that both sides can play with (essentially) the same toys. The debate over which is better is really pointless and out of hand.

I'm all with dat eriku. B))

I'm glad that Hasbro is giving Transfans a cheaper way out (with Takara's Binaltech line). From what I've heard the next Binaltech is supposed to be a Subaru WRX (Silver or Bluestreak?).

That's super! But, since I already have the Binaltech Smokescreen why do I need ANOTHER one with a different paint job (hehehehehehehe)?

Besides, I picked up the Alternator Sideswipe two weeks ago and it's just as good (albeit VERY light). I'll probably pick up the BT Hound though......

Eh... noone "arguing" over which is better. It's undeniable the Takara has at least one improved feature (the smokestacks). The "battle damage" aka weathering is debatable. If I could choose I would probably choose clean, but is "clean" alone worth $30+ bucks? Is "dirty and neutered stacks" worth $40+? That's what our discussion is about. ;) Mostly we're quibbling about price. :lol: But noone would disagree having the choice is a bad thing.

The problem is that it's not really a choice as only the gougers seem to have any of the Takara version left. If I coulda found a Takara for $100 shipped, I might well have chose it... or maybe not... the fact is that I can't find one for under $110 shipped, many quite a bit more (due to atrocious S&H fees from certain ebay sellers and/or sheer distance).

Oh and Tiny, it's not false advertising. They even have the long stacks on the Hasbro 20th Anniversary Prime box. With the famous disclaimer "product and colors may vary" <_<

I hear ya, Im just stating my reason, I think they could have gone a little bit cheaper. So ill just keep the takara, believe me, i have nothing against hasbro owners :huh: , I just think its a waste of money to put the longer stacks on him,,,,,,,,,,,,,its not how long they are, its how they expell exhaust,,,mines just a bit longer than most ;)

Eh... noone "arguing" over which is better. It's undeniable the Takara has at least one improved feature (the smokestacks). The "battle damage" aka weathering is debatable. If I could choose I would probably choose clean, but is "clean" alone worth $30+ bucks? Is "dirty and neutered stacks" worth $40+? That's what our discussion is about. ;) Mostly we're quibbling about price. :lol: But noone would disagree having the choice is a bad thing.

The problem is that it's not really a choice as only the gougers seem to have any of the Takara version left. If I coulda found a Takara for $100 shipped, I might well have chose it... or maybe not... the fact is that I can't find one for under $110 shipped, many quite a bit more (due to atrocious S&H fees from certain ebay sellers and/or sheer distance).

Oh and Tiny, it's not false advertising. They even have the long stacks on the Hasbro 20th Anniversary Prime box. With the famous disclaimer "product and colors may vary" <_<

I paid $105 for my Takara shipped... is it worth $30 - $35 to you to not have "battle damage" and "short smokestacks"? Maybe.

But it's definitely worth it to me... mainly so I don't always look at it on my shelf and wish I had the better version. I don't want short smokestacks. I really don't want "battle damage".

My advice is buy the verison of the toy that you'd rather have. You won't ever regret spending a little extra dough.

I love my Takara Prime... I'm sure I would have blown that $30 on unnecessary meals out or something. ;)

Eh... noone "arguing" over which is better.  It's undeniable the Takara has at least one improved feature (the smokestacks).  The "battle damage" aka weathering is debatable.  If I could choose I would probably choose clean, but is "clean" alone worth $30+ bucks?  Is "dirty and neutered stacks" worth $40+?  That's what our discussion is about. ;)  Mostly we're quibbling about price. :lol: But noone would disagree having the choice is a bad thing. 

The problem is that it's not really a choice as only the gougers seem to have any of the Takara version left.  If I coulda found a Takara for $100 shipped, I might well have chose it... or maybe not... the fact is that I can't find one for under $110 shipped, many quite a bit more (due to atrocious S&H fees from certain ebay sellers and/or sheer distance).

Oh and Tiny, it's not false advertising.  They even have the long stacks on the Hasbro 20th Anniversary Prime box. With the famous disclaimer "product and colors may vary"  <_<

I paid $105 for my Takara shipped... is it worth $30 - $35 to you to not have "battle damage" and "short smokestacks"? Maybe.

But it's definitely worth it to me... mainly so I don't always look at it on my shelf and wish I had the better version. I don't want short smokestacks. I really don't want "battle damage".

My advice is buy the verison of the toy that you'd rather have. You won't ever regret spending a little extra dough.

I love my Takara Prime... I'm sure I would have blown that $30 on unnecessary meals out or something. ;)

All that Blaine23 said..... plus I like the Box better too. I like to have a nice box to store my stuff in. Same reason I go for the Takara Transformer collection re-issues over the hasbro re-issues. The boxes are that much nicer. (Although the prices are about the same for the G1 re-issues between the two). Anyway, that's my choice.

Wow, alot of you guys got them cheap, but noone sharing where and how they got such good deals. Share, you tightwads, for future purchasers! ;)

Blaine, $30-35 bucks is for JUST dirty. That savings already accounts for buying the recast stacks. It's even more ($40+) if one is willing to live with the neutered stacks...

And at least I got a black gun. :lol:

yeah, I haven't had any luck finding them here either JawJaw.. oh well, I ordered the Taka from ToyObsessed.com awhile back when they had that discount for $85.. supposed to ship in March. $95.74 shipped.

same here. now they're not taking any orders.

I have both versions and they are practically the same quality, the weathering on the Hasbro version does not look bad at all. The Hasbro smokestacks look awful but I found a way to fix them without paying extra:

prime.jpg

Die-cast smokestack :D You can even make smoke effects with the cotton of the Q-tip :p

yeah, I haven't had any luck finding them here either JawJaw.. oh well, I ordered the Taka from ToyObsessed.com awhile back when they had that discount for $85.. supposed to ship in March. $95.74 shipped.

I think the release date is supposed to be March in general so I don't know why some stores have them and some don't. The only store that even had a tag on the shelf was the Target on Westheimer and Wilcrest. I suspect that is the best place to look in our area.

I might of taken advantage of a similar web deal for the Takara but couldn't afford it at the time. I just got a work bonus so I got a little cash to spend :D. Too bad I can't spend the whole thing on fun stuff.

lol Takatoys - That is what I plan on doing but not sure if I am going to hack power cords. But it's a good idea to look around the house for something similar.

Just got mine from Wal-Mart today, looks like they just put them out today. I saw them at Target earlier in the week, but the Primes are going for $69.99 there, while at Wal-Mart they are $63.99. Also, all the ones I saw at Target had the grey gun whereas all the ones at Wal-Mart had the black gun. Now I gotta see about getting these long stacks and it'll be all good.