Mass CG project ...

Aztek

I know all the refs show the notches and circles for pivoting weapons stations. They might just be access panels for the harnesses used to connect the pylons to the wing. Or be part ov the pivoting system, if the pivot is actuated in the pylon itself. Also maybe only non pivoting munitions can be stored on these ststions that have the notches fwd of the pivot, and the wings can't sweep until after they are jettisoned.

Edited by Aztek

In addition to what Aztek said (which makes a lot of sense to me), it could be that the "extra" 3 spots are rarely used, and/or non-swivelling (assume the little notches allow access to the pivot mechanism and indicate ones which can swivel--thus those 2 are the ones we always see used). Plenty of planes have rarely-used spots---I think I've seen 1 pic ever of an F-15 with the outboard pylons attached. (They've been permanently disabled by now).

Kawamori knew his s**t. A weapons delivery container that large is aerodynamically as inefficient as the valk itself. :D And since swept wings in space aren't an issue I can see why they would only use that configuration for special mission purposes (Buldoza sp?) Looking back now, it was a nice touch that even in battroid the wings were still un swept with the UUM-7 pods attached.

Edited by Aztek

Screwing around with dirt. Wasn't gonna do it but after Dok showed me what it could be, I gotta do this. You all gotta see his tranformation vid he made.. incredible.

Let me know what you think. No dirt trails off panel lines yet, just overall dirt for now. Makes it look a little more metal?

:Dat

post-5-1084925209_thumb.jpg

Edited by DatterBoy

Brian76 - Those hands look great , more solid than the previous ones , I think

Angel's Fury - I am going to try , I need to get all the sizez and shape correct , it's easier in fighter mode .

The_WOZ - Great start !

WIP of textures for boosters. All that's left is arm armor and "calf" armor. The cannon side of the booster seems a lil darker, it's the same base texture, I think the lighting is off.

post-5-1086420463_thumb.jpg

Great stuff, AZ! Good to see another strike armored valk on this thread. I know Brian's got one on the way and I have to redo my leg armor, but I'm not looking foward to it, odd geometry. Got a wireframe?

:Dat

Dat, sure brotha, gimme a few days. I ahd about as hard as a time doing the leh armor as the legs themselves. It's such a compound shape ... The best ref I had was a piece of Hasegawa leg armor.

Sweet Woz, Your using truespace also aren't you?

Thank you!

Yep, I'm using Truespace 1, and Corel Draw 5.

I use it to vectorize the schematics and export them as dxf. Then I work from these on truespace.

Now, a doubt I get when modeling the intake ramps (that's the correct name?): Does the chestplate moves forward before folding, as in the vf-0?