Mass CG project ...

Aztek

• 2 weeks later...

So let me understand this correctly...... You guys are building these Valkyerie and SDF-1

as 100% CGI ? I like the smoothness of movement with CGI but texture mapping "in general"

with any CGI still looks CGI. I really like the CGI Valkyerie but the SDF-1 looks pretty digital.

(something with the colors didn't quite seem right)

Did you somehow scan the Yellow Submarine resin kit or was that built entirely in the computer?

I'm just curious.... what programs were used? I llike to explore other options in animating.

For me the easy way is to take a hole bunch of pictures from all angles of a model/toy ,cut them out in

adobe photoshop.....and animate them with adobe after effects.

Before I got after effects though......I did it one frame at a time.....it took FOREVER !!!

If you missed my other post here's a link to the shorts

http://home.comcast.net/%7Ejpyre/movies/Meltrandiship001.mp4

The Zaku II Special forces one & and the Gatchaman (G-Force) were done the old way!!!

You guys have some pretty awesome work though !!!

Some texture mapping is pretty convincing, I just don't think many of us are at that level yet. After all, we're quite amateur as far as the greater world is concerned.

The way you're doing must be harder... frame by frame.. geesh.

:Dat

Those Valkyerie transformations are fantastic!! You could easily do something with that in Adobe after effects ! In the computer world.... I'm still pretty new as well !! I was trained in model minitures,costume design,SFX make-up and stop motion...... I had a taste of some 3-d studio "when it first came out" ( I had made a Regult standing in a city!) I didn't have the time to animate it though !!!

:(

I have found it more fun to take photos of the models and toys and put them into motion !!

Wish I could work on some awesome T.V. comercials for Yamato or Bandai !!!

Again I must say your transformation composition is outstanding !!!

-Gorgo-

Some texture mapping is pretty convincing, I just don't think many of us are at that level yet. After all, we're quite amateur as far as the greater world is concerned.

The way you're doing must be harder... frame by frame.. geesh.

:Dat

It's looks just as good (if not, better)than that Macross PS2 game! Or just as good as Macross Zero!

(in texture)

:D:D

Here's one underside shot... So far, the model's stuck in fighter mode, and it's probably going to stay that way. It's based off the Hasegawa kit, so the battroid proportions wouldn't be quite right, and I don't know enough about the YF-21's transformation sequence to model it anyway. :p It's only 5400 polygons at the moment, and I'm hoping to keep it low. This'll be my second Flight Sim model, I just need to build the control surfaces and landing gear in, as well as the cockpit... oh, and the head laser, didn't even notice that until now. :p I'll probably do a few versions of this model, there are only a few differences between the YF-21 and VF-22, so it'll be really easy to do both.

post-5-1089174622_thumb.jpg

Excellent work Chronocidal

I've been itching to finish my VF-19 , but work seem sto keep me from it at the moment , I gave my old valk model to a friend .....

He used a new module in Cinema4d , Sketch & toon to create Sketch like images , I tought it looked nice . What do you think ?

post-5-1089183773_thumb.jpg

I noticed something that might make weathering textures simpler for some people... While working on my flight-sim YF-19, I was having trouble getting the black markings to look right... See, I drew the textures, then added a slightly transparent black area over them to do the markings. But it never looked quite right. I realized why the other day. Black areas don't get darker when they get weathered.. they get lighter. I found a very easy way to do it though... I just left all the areas that would be black as bright white, and weathered them lightly in black as I would any normal white surface. Then, when they were done, I selected that particular area, and inverted the color values. It turned out better than I expected. The light weathering turned lighter than the rest of the area, which was a good solid black, and it made it appear as if the black paint had been slightly worn and dulled, rather than getting dirty. Here's a pic of the results.

post-5-1090357119_thumb.jpg