Can anybody help- please post them here . :rolleyes:

Thanks

post-5-1075387249_thumb.jpg

I am looking for color pictures of a Gaulg in action

Can anybody help- please post them here . :rolleyes:

Thanks

I hope that these imagenes help you. :)

post-5-1075429883_thumb.gif

It's a nurbs model from Rhino , which was converted into polygons for using Cinema 4D ( Maxon) for render . The render is HDRI method .

I use 2 products for modeling Rhino - Solid Edge . I always start in Rhino with a nurbs model ,if I have a since simple object I import it into Solid Edge as step file and build onto it. If it doesn't look right it's a simple matter of changing the dimensions and using the parametrics in Solid Edge.

Nurbs modeling takes a bit longer than polygon modeling but it give lots more control and if you combine it with a solid modeler like Solid Edge , you can build the "base objects" and start adding very quickly.

:) Rod

Great work Rod, it is nice to see some enemy mecha here. I started to do the Glaug myself late last year but ended up shelving it to work on something else, now I've seen yours I'm tempted to dust mine off and continue with it. I also have partly built fragments of Regault and Queadluun-rau kicking around on my hard drive waiting for me to find more time for CG work.

This is all I managed to get done on my Glaug...

post-5-1076528301.jpg

Rod- Lose the uber-reflectivness on the red feet.

Mechmaster- A little too mottled for my tastes.

Other than that, excellent work, keep it up!

Rod- The last pic you posted seriously looks like it is a photo of a vinyl model kit (except for the aforementioned feet). It makes me giggle with excitement.

Mechmaster- get crackin, dawg! But if you want to leave the Glaug aside and work on the Queadluun Rau that's just fine by me... :D

Thanks guys !

Mechmaster - bring it on !

Drew - I have to agree on the red feet , I'll chnage it for the next post.

I have got some more info from the guys in the model kit forum - I'll have to make some changes !

If you got a picture or a model of enemy mecha post it here.

hey, could you pose the glaug in a bit of an action shot with a solid-color background? Kinda like the pose in your last pick, but rotate the mecha some to his left, and splay his arms out a little bit, with the cockpit looking a bit more at the camera.

I was thinking of taking it and putting it in a standoff pic with a 1/48 valk :D

I should like to get more done to all three of my alien mecha, hell, I'd like to get them FINISHED, I just don't seem to have time anymore. If anyone has any time they don't need please send me a few hours, or even minutes if that all you've got. :lol:

WDC - I admit I tend to overdo the mottling on my models, both CG and plastic (you should see the kits I'm using as reference) but in the case of the Zentran mecha my understanding was that the big fellas aren't too hot on maintenance and repair so I figured the glaug maybe hasn't seen a lick of paint in the last 1,000 years.

Hi

I have added some decal , I didn't add all of them just the minium as I like it .

ZorClone - I will do one for u , just say what back ground colour you like .

Maybe next well add some weathering.

Mechmaster - As for borrowing time ? .....

We have a saying " I'm so broke I can't even pay attention"

post-5-1077095283_thumb.jpg

One thing (and I admit I know nothing about CG or rendering):

The upper half is amazing, seriously. It could easily be mistaken for a model.

But the feet...they scream CG, and not even great CG like the rest. Maybe it is the texture, or the overly bright red (compared to the "canopy"), or the shading.

I don't know...the rest is quite impressive however.

Edited by Phyrox