BattleStar Galactica

Myersjessee

It's ok to confuse them... all those planets look a lot like Vancouver Canada...  :D

313822[/snapback]

And they seem to have Hummers, according to last week's episode. C'mon...surely they could have redressed that thing just a little bit to make it less obvious. <_<

It's ok to confuse them... all those planets look a lot like Vancouver Canada...  :D

313822[/snapback]

And they seem to have Hummers, according to last week's episode. C'mon...surely they could have redressed that thing just a little bit to make it less obvious. <_<

313920[/snapback]

that was pretty sad... to think that Humvees are at the same technological standpoint as spaceships and robots that wipe our asses.

I don't even mind the fact that they were on a 4-wheel internal combustion engine vehicle so much. Lets face it, on a TV budget there's only so much they can do. But for Starbuck to drive around in whats blatantly one of the more recognizable 20th century off roaders? W-E-A-K.

Now that I think about it, that pack of noodles in her appartment looked a lot like Saporo Ichiban. :p

I don't even mind the fact that they were on a 4-wheel internal combustion engine vehicle so much. Lets face it, on a TV budget there's only so much they can do. But for Starbuck to drive around in whats blatantly one of the more recognizable 20th century off roaders? W-E-A-K.

Now that I think about it, that pack of noodles in her appartment looked a lot like Saporo Ichiban.  :p

313957[/snapback]

I totally agree about the HUMVEE. They could of at least used something a little more generic and not so "LOOK AT ME I'M A HUMVEE!!"

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Now that I think about it, that pack of noodles in her appartment looked a lot like Saporo Ichiban.  :p

313957[/snapback]

I totally agree about the HUMVEE. They could of at least used something a little more generic and not so "LOOK AT ME I'M A HUMVEE!!"

Chris

313990[/snapback]

I found myself saying "how quaint, she drives a HUMVEE" when I saw that episode. The episode itself wasn't as good as the season opener, but it had great moments; however, Starbuck's ride just struck me as an unimaginative cop out...even the original series had its own land vehicles (BSG 1980's colonial motorcycles excluded).

I agree it should have been something else...but then again, they were driving them around in ep 4 last season (Act of Contrition) too anyways. Moore stated they just didn't have the time to dress up what their cars should look like. It doesn't bother me so much.

Two things, Starbuck's artwork sucks (the wall paintings), she should stick to piloting. <_<

Second, when she unveiled her vehicle I was sure it would be a motorcycle... not a Humvee. Definatly a poor match for her character and a strange match for the BSG universe. They better not stop at a McDonalds or Walmart next episode. :ph34r:

Well, actually, the alien ship which crashed at Area 51 was in reality a recon craft used aboard the Galactica. In negotiating for the release of the crew, the Galactica and the US government signed a deal where we would get some of their technology. The humvee was one of those things. The Galactica's version was powered by a fuel cell and not gasoline. The ones used in the show are on loan from the Galactica. :D:p

Lee and the Chief are quickly becoming my favorite characters aboard the Galactica.

BTW The UK version is going to be released tomorrow at Best Buy. Is it worth buying? Or should I wait for the US release?

Edited by Golden Arms

I'm waiting for the US release, so I can have the extra disc. I held out on buying the Mini series, which I am quite glad I did.

Lee and the Chief are quickly becoming my favorite characters aboard the Galactica.

BTW The UK version is going to be released tomorrow at Best Buy.  Is it worth buying?  Or should I wait for the US release?

314162[/snapback]

If you want just the show and don't care about the extras then sure. But the Us version will have an extra disc with extras galore and the mini series to boot.

Uk Version has original opening music and a special preview disc of "Serenity" so it's a nice collector's item. I'm getting both....decided I want the UK versions just to have, and the Serenity disc is a nice bonus.

BTW The UK version is going to be released tomorrow at Best Buy.  Is it worth buying?  Or should I wait for the US release?

314162[/snapback]

If you want just the show and don't care about the extras then sure. But the Us version will have an extra disc with extras galore and the mini series to boot.

Uk Version has original opening music and a special preview disc of "Serenity" so it's a nice collector's item. I'm getting both....decided I want the UK versions just to have, and the Serenity disc is a nice bonus.

314212[/snapback]

Are the US version editted? Or are they the same as the British? They're gonna have the mini in the disks too?

314162[/snapback]

314212[/snapback]

Are the US version editted? Or are they the same as the British? They're gonna have the mini in the disks too?

314217[/snapback]

US Version Sept release has:

5 discs

US intro Music (The same theme overall as the Funeral theme and the one that sounds mor military like)

Mini -Series

Commentary Tracks:

Feature Commentary on "The Mini-Series" with Director Michael Rymer and Executive Producers David Eick and Ron Moore

"Pilot" Commentary with Director Michael Rymer and Executive Producers David Eick and Ronald D. Moore

"Bastille Day" Episode Commentary with Executive Producers David Eick and Ronald D. Moore

"Act of Contrition" Episode Commentary with Executive Producers David Eick and Ronald D. Moore

"You Can't Go Home Again" Episode Commentary with Executive Producers David Eick and Ronald D. Moore

"Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down" Episode Commentary with Executive Producer Ronald D. Moore

"The Hand of God" Episode Commentary with Executive Producer Ronald D. Moore

"Colonial Day" Episode Commentary with Executive Producer Ronald D. Moore

"Kobol's Last Gleaming: Part 1" Episode Commentary with Executive Producer Ronald D. Moore

"Kobol's Last Gleaming: Part 2" Episode Commentary with Executive Producer Ronald D. Moore

Behind the Scenes (presumed the 12 documentaries online on Sci Fi)

Deleted Scenes (presumedly the ones that were online)

Battlestar Galactica Series Lowdown (the special that was aired before season one began on Sci-fi...very good stuff to see)

Sketches and Art (also possibly the online site stuff)

An added bonus item listed is "1 of 3 Collectible DVD Exclusive Trading Cards" (your guess is as good as mine)

Nothing was cut from the US airings and this should be the same. This is the best deal for the series as it can be pre-ordered cheap and has the whole kitchen sink.

UK version of the show sometimes featured some scenes that were cut/shortened on some airings (re-runs later at night supposedly feaured them un cut)...Six's ass on the table while she was bent over in a suggestive position in Ep 9 gone, the banter between Starbuck and Flattop in the ready room about umm...using his hand for something gone ,among other things...but they were restored for the UK's DVD release supposedly according to people who have the R2 UK set. It has the deleted scenes that will be included in the Sept release.

It does have 2 things the Sept release does not:

The UK (or rather true ) intro music before Sci-Fi changed it to the one used throughout Season one in the US...and then changed back to for Season 2 albeit shortened without the familar pre cap taiko drums.

and 2: The Serenity Promo disc. Not sure how long this one will last but Universal was surprised at how much of a following FF had...and after the screenings did so well, they realize they have something of a possible huge sleeper hit. I'm certain this is the reason behind the inclusion of the disc with the BSG set. People on the Serenity movie site are going crazy trying to get this disc...I suppose we'll see them on ebay...or copies of a promo disc on ebay soon enough.

So...US version, no cut scenes, tons of extras, mini series included to boot on 5 discs Sept 20 release

Best Buy UK version: UK music intro...Serenity DVD promo, presumedly restored scenes and an earlier release date..Tomorrow!!

:lol:

Edited by Gaijin

Got mine yesterday also. The Episodes are as seen in the US except for opening credits. The Scenes that were edited out of the Sky one broadcasts are back in the episodes. The other extra scenes are pretty cool.....glad they cut Boxy though ;) .

The Serenity disc is pretty cool....it's kinda a fan service disk. No trailer or anything but it does have unseen footage on it and mainly has Cast and Crew interviews talking about thier love of Firefly but never REALLY goes in depth into the movies plot. It is still very cool though. I'll still get the US release for the Commentaries and to be a stupid completest sucker!!!! :p

Chris

Gotta say though, I was really impressed at how well the show looked in High Def!! I noticed things in the special effects that I haven't seen before and I've watched all the episodes several times before!! An example would be in "33" just after the Scene when Helo is captured and they Show the Galactica Fireing off a few shots just before she Jumps, you can see the Bow Turrets swivel and retract! Probably old news but I never noticed it before because of crappy picture quality.

Chris

Gotta say though, I was really impressed at how well the show looked in High Def!! I noticed things in the special effects that I haven't seen before and I've watched all the episodes several times before!!  An example would be in "33" just after the Scene when Helo is captured and they Show the Galactica Fireing off a few shots just before she Jumps, you can see the Bow Turrets swivel and retract! Probably old news but I never noticed it before because of crappy picture quality.

Chris

314669[/snapback]

Show was shot in High Def but even then, DVD is still 480i or 480p...even upconverted will not give you true HD res...have to wait till Blu Ray/HD DVD for you to be wowed even further. But HD mastered on DVD looks much better than Sci-Fi channel lol.

Those with Universal HD are lucky since the show is run on there.

I've got season one in HiDef. The improved detail is Shaweeeeeet! There is a shot when the Nuggets are attempting thier first landing, the flight pod cover plate on the main hull is ghosted in. It's transparent. It was neat to catch that error on the HiDef avi. That and when the water tank explodes you can see the flight pods are removed from the ship. As well as the armor plates on the bow.

I've got season one in HiDef.  The improved detail is Shaweeeeeet!  There is a shot when the Nuggets are attempting thier first landing,  the flight pod cover plate on the main hull is ghosted in.  It's transparent.  It was neat to catch that error on the HiDef avi.  That and when the water tank explodes you can see the flight pods are removed from the ship.  As well as the armor plates on the bow.

314983[/snapback]

Cool. I wish my cabl;e company had Uni HD.

does scifi channel even have a hd channel? the only time I saw the show in hd was when they show the last couple of eps from last season on hd nbc.

I've got season one in HiDef.  The improved detail is Shaweeeeeet!  There is a shot when the Nuggets are attempting thier first landing,  the flight pod cover plate on the main hull is ghosted in.  It's transparent.  It was neat to catch that error on the HiDef avi.  That and when the water tank explodes you can see the flight pods are removed from the ship.  As well as the armor plates on the bow.

314983[/snapback]

Cool. I wish my cabl;e company had Uni HD.

315070[/snapback]

does scifi channel even have a hd channel? the only time I saw the show in hd was when they show the last couple of eps from last season on hd nbc.

There is no Sci-Fi HD. There is Universal HD which runs the show regularly and of course NBC every so often.

Edited by Gaijin

Was it just me, or was Baltar being a little rebellious towards 6 at the end of that last episode? It would be nice if they finally gave his character some teeth, made him more of a bad guy with his own motives than just being out of his mind.

And it still baffles me how no one seems to notice him wandering around talking to someone who isn't there.

And maybe its intentional, to show how disjointed everything is since Adama got shot, but the new season really seems to be lacking focus. I still love the show, though.

I don't even think Baltar is meant to be a villain. He hasn't done anything villainous at all. I think at the end, if there is one, he's going to be a tragic character. I'd consider Hatch's character and the exo's wife to be the vile presence in the show. They havent really done anything evil either, but they seem more willing to for power.

I'm more looking forward to when they reveal new human cylons.