BattleStar Galactica

Myersjessee

Looks like the US season 1 DVD release will dip to December...oh well....better have lots of extras....

and yeah, I miss the show too. I actually stayed home on Fridays sometimes to watch.

Looks like the US season 1 DVD release will dip to December...oh well....better have lots of extras....

and yeah, I miss the show too.  I actually stayed home on Fridays sometimes to watch.

December! I wonder why they are releasing it so late, esopecially as the UK series 1 DVD set has been out for a few months already.

The UK set is pretty good, but minimal extras, which doesn't bother me as I rarely watch extras anyway.

Graham

Guess the extras will take longer than thought..or...they will prefer to tie in the DVD sales during the Holiday season after the first half of Season 2 airs.

On another note: the soundtrack for season one of the show is up for pre-order and they will be autographed by the composer too. It includes both the US and the UK versions of the intro music too.

http://www.lalalandrecords.com/GalacticaSeasonOneNew.html

Guess the extras will take longer than thought..or...they will prefer to tie in the DVD sales during the Holiday season after the first half of Season 2 airs.

On another note: the soundtrack for season one of the show is up for pre-order and they will be autographed by the composer too. It includes both the US and the UK versions of the intro music too.

Yeah, I pre-ordered mine, I'm really looking forward to it. As for the DVD release, a guy at suncoast said that the reason DVD's tend to take longer to release, here in the US as opposed to the UK and elsewhere, has to do with the MUSIC rights. That the US is more strict than elsewhere. Don't know if it is true but that's what I heard. <_< I remember waiting for the Futurama DVD's while the UK had all 4 sets already out we where just getting season 1!! AND I've heard there aren't any differences, content wise, between the sets.

Chris

On another note: the soundtrack for season one of the show is up for pre-order and they will be autographed by the composer too.  It includes both the US and the UK versions of the intro music too.

Yeah, I pre-ordered mine, I'm really looking forward to it. As for the DVD release, a guy at suncoast said that the reason DVD's tend to take longer to release, here in the US as opposed to the UK and elsewhere, has to do with the MUSIC rights. That the US is more strict than elsewhere. Don't know if it is true but that's what I heard. <_< I remember waiting for the Futurama DVD's while the UK had all 4 sets already out we where just getting season 1!! AND I've heard there aren't any differences, content wise, between the sets.

Chris

That generally is true, but BSG only has composed music from Bear, not any licensed music. It really shouldn't be a problem unless it's taking that long for them to get rights to that. My guess is that the US release will feature more in the way of extras like the fetaures on the website and perhaps commentaries by some of the cast members in addition to Ron's podcasts. Some have speculated that the deleted scenes may be edited back into the show like a director's cut version of the season. But I'm just guessing.

If all we get is an identical UK release I'll be mad that it took so long.

Edited by Gaijin

The final ep of the first series aired last night in australia. As this has a late timeslot I only realised the series was on 2 eps ago. I am loving it. It's got all the political intrigue of the early (good) series of babylon 5 with great CGI and production standards.

It's decent, but I'm hoping they have a red herring for the seemingly obvious insinuation that the Cylons have let the survivors get away.

Though I've been thinking what the appropriate response would be... that's it, full scale invasion of Caprica. ;) That, or hit the Cylon home world(s).

I'm really hoping they'll do something with a new analogue to the "Imperious Leader" and Lucifer more than the whole Pegasus things (which itself shouldn't be good for more than a 2-parter anyway).

Edited by Uxi

Joyride series 2 is out.

The pilot action figures are not very nice. The only thing that attracted my curiosity was the egyptian helmet...

I bough yet another Viper. The grey is really light on this new version. Amost white (IMHO is FS 36495). The stripes are still orange. The rest looks like the dark grey one...including a flimsy left wing...

It looks better (or at least closer to the TV viper) than the series 1 viper.

Gerwalker Posted on Jun 2 2005, 01:56 PM

Gerwalker Posted on Jun 2 2005, 01:56 PM

Joyride series 2 is out.

I bough yet another Viper. The grey is really light on this new version. Amost white (IMHO is FS 36495). The stripes are still orange. The rest looks like the dark grey one...including a flimsy left wing...

Man, I was hoping JOYRIDE was gonna fix this problem with their series 2 VIPERS, but I guess I was wrong. Damn, don't they ever do QUALITY CHECKS :blink:<_< . Thanks for the heads up, though, GERWALKER :) .

Edited by connor99