MacrossWorld's PO Thread - NEXT PO of 2024 will be APRIL 5TH at 4PM JST...HI-METAL R VF-19 Kai Fire Valkyrie...a WWM Release...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

Be advised, as I understand it, the owner of Yoyakunow.com comes from Nippon-Yasan.com. 

Given how I was burned by NY (losing over $200 on a pre-order that never materialized), I personally am staying clear of Yoyakunow.

Got one at Big in Japan, debating whether I want to gamble on Yoyakunow, or wait until I see AE's listing.

Just now, Shizuka the Cat said:

Be advised, as I understand it, the owner of Yoyakunow.com comes from Nippon-Yasan.com. 

Given how I was burned by NY (losing over $200 on a pre-order that never materialized), I personally am staying clear of Yoyakunow.

Edit - Yeah, if that's the case I might wait on that.

Edited by Chronocidal

6 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I got burned by around $1000 from NY, an expensive lesson to put all my eggs in 1 basket. However i did buy the cheaper HMR items from Yoyakunow now, so far so good but they are not my default site to order

I ordered my HMR Max and Kakizaki sets from "yoyakunow"....

All these guys are great until they're not!  LOL

I like being able to order multiples from the same place....

If the limit is really 6 per customer, maybe this won't be the PO Madness we thought it might be?

2 minutes ago, lykiat said:

I got burned by around $1000 from NY, an expensive lesson to put all my eggs in 1 basket. However i did buy the cheaper HMR items from Yoyakunow now, so far so good but they are not my default site to order

I too had a few successful Nippon-Yasan orders in the past before getting burned by them.  Then it was no response to support tickets, no refund, no nothing. 

Burn me once, shame on me. But I am not giving Nippon-Yasan.... errr.... Yoyakunow.com the chance to burn me a second time.

Just a pulled quote

"This site belongs to NAME REDACTED, the buyer from Nippon-Yasan who scammed so many people! He is commenting below! Give me back my money! "

But one directly in response for you to make your own conclusions

"Me and other Japanese co-workers didn't knew what the community was talking until me and other Japanese co-workers began to see irregularities affecting our work, and after briefly investigating and find out the harsh reality of what was happening and how the community was suffering, we decided we couldn't continue, and me and other Japanese co-workers decided to quit. "

Edited by Alphahorizon

That's good to know then.  I would still love to know exactly how all of that played out, but it's probably lost to history now.

I am rather surprised I'm not seeing email spam from Luna Park about this one yet though, usually they're the first to send me ads. :p 

I was fortunate enough to not get caught up in Nippon-Yasan. And not because I personally was scammed but they took so dang long to deliver items. That alone made me feel it was time to pause purchasing from them. I am genuinely sorry for those that were.

Side note I have that site up. Went from 11 remaining down to 9, then back to 11? Maybe someone backed out...So on the fence here to trust a place I havent used before

Edited by Alphahorizon

I went ahead with YoYakuNow, and just used a credit card so even if they pull something I've got longer than paypal's lack of resolve lol
although I ended up finding a lot of threads in various forums with people not having issues, and its got a 4.9 trust rating, the same as almost all the others so.
whatever, I'll order two once another more well known site opens up.

13 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

Just a pulled quote

"This site belongs to NAME REDACTED, the buyer from Nippon-Yasan who scammed so many people! He is commenting below! Give me back my money! "

But one directly in response for you to make your own conclusions

"Me and other Japanese co-workers didn't knew what the community was talking until me and other Japanese co-workers began to see irregularities affecting our work, and after briefly investigating and find out the harsh reality of what was happening and how the community was suffering, we decided we couldn't continue, and me and other Japanese co-workers decided to quit. "

Yeah that Reddit thread was almost a year old, a lot of the newer questions about them have people getting their bandai web exclusives gundams with no problems. So its all over

Just now, skullmilitia said:

Yeah that Reddit thread was almost a year old, a lot of the newer questions about them have people getting their bandai web exclusives gundams with no problems. So its all over

i've successfully ordered 3 valks from them.   and have gotten royally ripped off by ny...  

Thanks to web.archive.org, I do see that Nippon-Yasan and Yoyakunow are both in the same city,  Matsuyama in Ehime prefecture.

Yeah, if Yoyakunow really does come from those who ran Nippon-Yasan, I think I will pass on them.  Better safe than sorry.

5 minutes ago, skullmilitia said:

I went ahead with YoYakuNow, and just used a credit card so even if they pull something I've got longer than paypal's lack of resolve lol
although I ended up finding a lot of threads in various forums with people not having issues, and its got a 4.9 trust rating, the same as almost all the others so.
whatever, I'll order two once another more well known site opens up.

I did the same thing you did, based on the same reasons you specified.  Most of those negative comments were from over a year ago and all of the recent stuff seems like people are happy overall. 

Like someone said earlier, these sites are great... until they're not.  NNG used to be looked down upon, but it seems people have been using them more frequently with better success.

<Of course, this is just my way of convincing myself for not being a fool and ordering from potential crooks that stole from me before...>

Edited by dafob

7 minutes ago, Angesdad said:

Damn what an expensive year 2024 is turning out to be…can barely keep up here.🤣

I know, right? Preordered two and spent $460 I wasn't expecting to spend today. 

Ohhh prepackaged ramen is on sale... :crazy:

Just now, dafob said:

I did the same thing you did, based on the same reasons you specified.  Most of those negative comments were from over a year ago and all of the recent stuff seems like people are happy overall.  

<Of course, this is just my way of convincing myself for not being a fool and ordering from potential crooks that stole from me before...>

hahaha! word...!

I wasn't expecting the suddeness of this PO to come today but fortunately it's a public holiday in Oz so I got to standby the computer and hit F5. 

Thanks for the links - I secured one at BIJ and I'll try my luck with Nin-Nin later today too. 

Finally achieved my best fave trio in 1/48 - Roy Fokker VF-1J, VF-1D and now (at last) the VT-1. I've secured other PO's in the past but have sold them however these three I will hold forever. 

Made sure I paid by PAYPAL this time and chose JPY currency. At least PAYPAL does offer 6 months protection so hopefully the release is on time within this period. 

Edited by Arakure Knight

Yep, certain sites just open early for some reason, probably to streamline the order process from their allocated TWE order slots.

Others just wait until it opens for real.  Not sure if there is any benefit to either, but I guess ordering after they are opened might be more definite, since you're dealing with orders already placed?  Hard to say. :p 

Just now, Chronocidal said:

Yep, certain sites just open early for some reason, probably to streamline the order process from their allocated TWE order slots.

Others just wait until it opens for real.  Not sure if there is any benefit to either, but I guess ordering after they are opened might be more definite, since you're dealing with orders already placed?  Hard to say. :p 

Oh theres a benefit. A good nights sleep here in the US!

1 minute ago, Alphahorizon said:

Welp I will go down or succeed with the rest. I got order confirmation and says "Out of stock" as soon as I went back? Is that like AE when you are limited to only 1?

I think it did legit sold out after you bought yours. I ordered one and was able to go back and put another in my cart.  I was monitoring their stock and it was gradually going down over the past few minutes.

Just now, dafob said:

I think it did legit sold out after you bought yours. I ordered one and was able to go back and put another in my cart.  I was monitoring their stock and it was gradually going down over the past few minutes.

Damn if this place is legit I'll finally feel somewhat redeemed after all the cart misses over the years.

Just now, Chronocidal said:

I do appreciate the fact that they listed the total available.  I did see it go up and down a few times, but they didn't adjust the price.

I think the question will be whether they re-open later with a price increase.

I bet they will. Seems the norm for many places

Oh on peoples orders...look up what status you are. Mine says Status 2...so maybe their second wave of purchase they secured? Just a thought. Or it could mean something different and I am just an idiot

Edited by Alphahorizon

2 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

Oh on peoples orders...look up what status you are. Mine says Status 2...so maybe their second wave of purchase they secured? Just a thought. Or it could mean something different and I am just an idiot

Mine says "(A1) Product Payment".  That could mean I paid and still need to pay for shipping, or it could mean "we have your money and you'll never see it or the product ever again!"