Yamato 1:100 VF-0S; 1:48 stand/clamp

CF18

The stand? Eh, what's the point (especially for Gerwalk?)? ;) I actually will like a 1/100 zero if it's CHEAP. If the thing is even close to 7800 then I"m gonna call it seriously overpriced.

Shouldn't be too expensive. At 4 centimeters smaller than the VF-11FP, there's no reason it would be anywhere even near 7800yen. I was reading some Japanese forum where they said the price would probably be about a more reasonable 4000 yen.

And yeah, I know I was being harsh. :)

I really should have explained that while 1:100 != crap, having Macross toys in all different sizes leaves me moderately perturbed. :(

I have to say I am dissapointed with the 1/100 scale and all, 1/72 would have been a great size, about the same size as the 1/60 VF-1's, not too small and not too big and costly like hell, I sure hope there is some bigger scale in the planning.... :rolleyes:

Yamato is a great company and makes really good toys but they aren't the freaking Pope, so at that size, those will be fragile <_< , so here's to hoping they will be bellow the 40$ range..... :p

If this has been brought up.. sorry...

"Simple Transformation Version?" Is this just an example of the usual pitfalls between Japanese -> English translation, or does the article hint at a larger, more "complex" VF-0 toy?

someone help me with my math - is this how you do it?

the VF0 is 18.69 m long

divide by 100

the toy will be 18.69 cm or 7.36 Inches??????????

Oh, wait! I didn't complain about anything in this thread, yet.

/Beavis/ I'm mad at like numbers and stuff. huhuhuhuhuh. . . yeah /Beavis/

If this has been brought up.. sorry...

"Simple Transformation Version?" Is this just an example of the usual pitfalls between Japanese -> English translation, or does the article hint at a larger, more "complex" VF-0 toy?

Possibly. The Macross Zero license is a possible goldmine with so many different mecha, so there's no real logical reason to make a 1:100 toy when Yamato knows they can charge $120 for a high quality toy. They use the term sashikae transformation that imples that parts will be exchanged/removed and placed back into form to transform to various configurations akin to the 1:60's. In any case, you can make a fleet with these little guys here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/_.../_toys_arii.htm

Hey Wicked Ace,

I wasn't ragging anyone

I just wanted to confirm I was right

am I?

LOL! Sorry, I read someone else's post, commenting on the "whining" in this thread, and I remembered a Beavis and Butthead episode where Beavis is complaining about numbers; your scale references reminded me of it (the math and stuff!).

BTW,

if I am doing this right(?)

a 1/48 VF0 would be 39cm or 15.35 inches

at 1/60, the VF0 would be 31 cm or 12.2 inches

someone please confirm this, if I knew how to do math I would not have gone to law school

I think you're doing the math right, but what do I know, I'm in law school right now. :huh:

I like those 1/60 measurements!

It appears that the legs will detach, but it is very early to know for sure.

Hopefully "the Graham-meister" can elaborate when he announces his surprise any hour now. :rolleyes:

'Cuz you know it's not this 1/100 thingy...

Graham?

Graham?

Bueller?

:D

So we think the legs are going to come off?

YOU SICK BASTARD!!!! :ph34r:

Heaheh :lol:

They don't say specifically. All it says is that it can transform into all 3 modes by swapping out parts (unless my Japanese is getting bad...). This is in contrast to earlier reported news of a perfect transformation 1/60 VF-0 from about a year ago. (http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/news/_news_n052.htm)

Keep your fingers crossed! :)

Let's just wait and see... I'm glad to finally SEE one, personally.

Edit: Oh, and I doubt they come off... Look at the nose. I don't spot a slot for them, and the little triangular sections on each side of the cockpit look like they're moveable. I'm sure it has SOMETHING to do with the legs.

Edited by GreenGuy42

Retracting my former statement, I am cool with 1/100 as long as it is in the same size neighborhood as the 1/60s.

As someone posted early In think it´ll actually be like a 1/72 VF-1.

Worries aside , I´m 99.9% sure Yamato will repeat history and will probably release another bigger line , posssibly 1/60 or 1/72 of the VF-0 toys with perfect transformation and all the 1/48 Vf-1 gimmicks.

Well.....a 1/60 would be a tad bigger than a 1/48 (right?), so that doesn't appear to be too far-out to wish for.

We shall see............

But shouldn't we wait to see when this one is finalized?

If not, we're talkin' 50+ pages in this thread!! :o:lol::lol:

Wow. Quite a read there guys :rolleyes:

I'm all for scale consistency and all, but some of you guys make it seem as if Yamato owes you or something. Personally, I think that the VF-0 proto in the picture looks pretty sweet, regardless of scale. If it came to market looking much like that, and at a reasonable price, I'd buy one for sure. But that's just my opinion...

It's still pretty cool no matter what scale. If it truly is 1:100 I'll pick one up if it's less than 50 bucks. But the pictures only show a prototype and the only other information we have is it's 1:100. I'm willing to bet the final scale will be a bit larger.

True blue hobby of the MWers, complain, b*tch, whine............. :D:D:D

Yamato release pic of a new product, MWers specks out:

"colour not nice, this part too high, should have extra head, etc, etc"

This is the one single talking point in every macross item that is being produce.

B))B))B))

:D

I still don't like the stand...

Like someone else mentioned, the stand holds the between the arms, and the gunpod seems missing, so in fighter mode, it will look "strange"!

I guess they couldn't do the movie stand/arm version that held the VF-1 by its boosters...

Still, I am going to get a couple of these stands...

A late addition here, but...

(Janis Joplin voice) Remember what the G-Man said?

"REVISED: 01/22/2003

Macross Zero News

3. Update: Yamato also confirmed they have talked with Big West showing interest that they would like to make transforming 1/60 scale Macross Zero toys(nothing has been set in stone yet as I incorrectly reported before). It's not clear yet how many variants they will make of the two main mecha, but there could possibly be four releases altogether which would be: -

· VF-0 Focker type.

· VF-0 Shin Kudo type.

· SV-51 Nora Polyansky type

· SV-51 standard type.

4. The big news is that Nishikawa-san (the sculptor of the 1/48 VF-1) will not be sculpting the Macross Zero toys due to other commitments. Instead, Yamato have hired a new sculptor, who is actually one of the sculptors that Bandai uses for their Master Grade models, so he comes to the project with a good pedigree.

5. Sculpting has just started on the VF-0 and the initial; prototype sculpt is expected to be ready about two months later. Yamato will also be using CAD-CAM design in the production of the Macross Zero Toys. Expect at least 6-8 months from now before the release of the VF-0. Sculpting has not started yet on the SV-51, but should begin within the next few months.

6. Oh, and the Macross Zero toys will feature perfect transformation without having to remove the legs!"