Official Transformers Alternators and more thread.

Picked up Alt Meister yesterday. Hot damn is he cool. Much better than Tracks. Dont get me wrong I love Tracks but he is a pain to transform and not very posable. My quib with Meister is that I wish his arms were as posable as Sideswipe/Deadends. Other than that he is by far the nicest one. My favorites though are still the Subaru's ;)

Did you say ALT meister? or did you mean bt meister? cause I thought meister for the US was not out yet.

RichterX: So you got a Hasbro ALT tracks?!!!!! awesome cant wait to get him too.

I had to do shopping at Walmart and went to check the toy section, I wasn't even planning to by any toys cause i am low in cash but I saw Tracks there at the top of the Alternators, it was the only one they had in display at that moment, the rest were something like 3 hounds and 4 Silvertreaks, I still want to get a Silverstreak.

As I was saying Tracks looks robot mode looks great, he looks ready to kick some decepticon's butt only problem is leg articulation. Next time I go to Walmart I'll try to pick up a Silverstreak if I don't see a Meister.

I am only buying Alternators.

Does anyone have a detail guide on the the mod for Sideswipe? Also any one done the Dead End custom repaint to Sunstreaker?

I think I saw sometime ago something like smoke stacks extensions for the Hasbro MP Prime. Any one knows where to get it?

richter do you mean the trunk chest mod? Its really simple. Take a close look at the trunk. Flip it over and look at the long black plastic beam that it is hinged to. examine how when the trunk folds up in car mode. Look how it fold up to a certain point? the end of the trunk blocks the beam from passing dead horizontal. cut away a small section so that the beam will clear. does that make sense. I will take a pic later which will answer all your problems.

Also any one done the Dead End custom repaint to Sunstreaker?

It's been something that's been nagging me since I picked him up a week or so ago. Everything about him screams Sunstreaker. I already know what I would want to do color-wise, but am fiddling around because I really don't have the skills or proper tools. It's been at least seven years since I seriously painted a toy/model. I suppose I'm not too frightened about the basic stuff (face, eyes) as much as I'm concerned over the card body. Don't have an airbrush anymore and was never a fan of brush-painting car bodies.

Does anyone have any suggestion on a yellow paint to use for the car body parts that should work well with Alternator plastic? Preferably one of those that comes in a spray format so I can work around my lack of a good method of application without brush strokes? Also, has anyone tried taking apart Sideswipe/Deadend? I can do good chunk by masking, but it'll be much easier if he comes apart cleanly without much damage. Prefer to ask before testing myself.

I may just have to buy a Binaltech red Meister and custom up a Cliffjumper head because I like the way he looks in red...it'll be funny that Cliffjumper will look out of place all fancy and diecast-like.

Also any one done the Dead End custom repaint to Sunstreaker?

It's been something that's been nagging me since I picked him up a week or so ago. Everything about him screams Sunstreaker. I already know what I would want to do color-wise, but am fiddling around because I really don't have the skills or proper tools. It's been at least seven years since I seriously painted a toy/model. I suppose I'm not too frightened about the basic stuff (face, eyes) as much as I'm concerned over the card body. Don't have an airbrush anymore and was never a fan of brush-painting car bodies.

Does anyone have any suggestion on a yellow paint to use for the car body parts that should work well with Alternator plastic? Preferably one of those that comes in a spray format so I can work around my lack of a good method of application without brush strokes? Also, has anyone tried taking apart Sideswipe/Deadend? I can do good chunk by masking, but it'll be much easier if he comes apart cleanly without much damage. Prefer to ask before testing myself.

I may just have to buy a Binaltech red Meister and custom up a Cliffjumper head because I like the way he looks in red...it'll be funny that Cliffjumper will look out of place all fancy and diecast-like.

The only thing that woul't look right of a Dead End to Sunstreaker custom paint would be the windshields... I don't think red would look right, I thin I saw over the net a Sidesswipe repaint to yellow, not sure if it is using a dead end head or a custom head. I don't know if it is the paint job on the face but dead end looks kind of grim.

I found a picture of the custom

http://www.americandreamcomics.com/index.p...=85&itemid=2828

richter do you mean the trunk chest mod? Its really simple. Take a close look at the trunk. Flip it over and look at the long black plastic beam that it is hinged to. examine how when the trunk folds up in car mode. Look how it fold up to a certain point? the end of the trunk blocks the beam from passing dead horizontal. cut away a small section so that the beam will clear. does that make sense. I will take a pic later which will answer all your problems.

Oh yeah I saw the how the modification is done, I would like to try it out but not to have the trunk as chest, just to have it lay on a little bit flatter on the back

The Sunstreaker custom looks alright, they made the wings on the sides of his head way to large, though. Also, Sunstreaker was the more tricked out Lamborghini, so you'd think that would carry over to the Alternators, another reason why Dead End's design just screams Sunstreaker.

I suppose the ideal custom would take parts from both toys. Scavenge the windshield and headlights off of a Sideswipe, and the rest from Dead End. A custom head would be needed because Dead End's face really does look grim as it was pointed out. Still, all that needs to be changed is the face.

The Sunstreaker custom looks alright, they made the wings on the sides of his head way to large, though. Also, Sunstreaker was the more tricked out Lamborghini, so you'd think that would carry over to the Alternators, another reason why Dead End's design just screams Sunstreaker.

I suppose the ideal custom would take parts from both toys. Scavenge the windshield and headlights off of a Sideswipe, and the rest from Dead End. A custom head would be needed because Dead End's face really does look grim as it was pointed out. Still, all that needs to be changed is the face.

Are you sure about the head? maybe its just the paint scheme makes it look scary. The biggest problem with the Deadend/Sideswipe parts would be the rear windshield off of Deadend. You cant replace that with Sideswipe cause there is none.

Topnotch on the sunstreaker, except for a few things.

1. the head is off but definately a good try

2. It looks too much like an S2000 with that paintjob. Sorry. It jsut does. I dont knwo why,

Hey, I forgot to add the latest chapter in the ever-expanding story of Binaltech!!

OK, so last time we had introduced the four Smokescreens, controlled by using the GT system, developed by Chip Chase (yeah, the kid in the wheelchair from the show). This time, we have two Meisters. Except that unlike Smokescreen, one Meister is the "real" one, while the other has been developed artificially by Professor Fairborne (?), by uploading Meister's personality.

It must be emphasised that the original Meister is a 'true' Super Robot Lifeform, while this second Meister still has a lot to learn. Meister calls this second version of himself "Zoom-Zoom" (I kid you not -- Mazda even let them use their slogan!), and during leisure hours teaches him about music and Earth culture, etc.

Yes, this thing gets more ridiculous with every release. I wonder what new developments will come next time.... (Actually, you couldn't pay me to care).

I've been thinking of that, given that I agree that the red windshield will look odd, if not outright wrong, and the headlights aren't going to look that great against yellow. I'm half wondering if there is anyway I can darken the rear window without emphasizing the reddish tone. A dark rear window wouldn't look too bad (heck, since I'd probably keep the custom in robot mode, even leaving it read wouldn't be horrible.

As for the head, it doesn't bother me that he looks unfriendly. The cartoon made Sunstreaker a sort of whiny-egotist, but from the toy's card, I always felt he was a more cold character (still egotistical, mind you), whereas Sideswipe was the more personable one.

Takara/Hasbro just needs to get off their duff and release a Sunstreaker. We've gotten a ton of Smokescreens...give us the one easy repaint all G1 fans really want.

Colour me unimpressed. Of course, I've always hated the futuristic (aka: cheap, tacky, plastic kids' toy idea of futuristic) Transformers. If they're going to do futuristic, I at least like some attempt at basing it in reality, like our beloved Macross mecha.

I'm also a fan of classier robot modes. Gaudy colours, every gun bigger than the last, covered in artillary mecha strike me as something a 14 year old come up with for their uber invincible Gundam Wing self insertion crossover fanfiction.

This new Prime has nothing on the classic Prime so well executed in the 20th Anniversary toy.

Pictures of Transformers:Cybertron (Galaxy Force) !!!!

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread59414.html

They're all amazing!

Starscream is badass. Looks like the War Within Starscream.

Megatron: not sure about the color sceme there. Orange doesn't work. Car looks too much like the batmobile.

Prime: odd to look at, but WAY better than energon's fatimus. He looks decently futuristic in here at least. Fatimus was an abomination.

The mouth is pretty stupid though.

post-26-1098380806_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

starscream looks sweet. Sorry for the size

post-26-1098380855_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Ok Master Megatron there, whats with the cyber formula looking car mode? I liek that Convoy has that flip up face plate, Thunder Cracker looks nice except in the pic it looks like the nose cone dips down, could be the scan, Starscream onyl looks good in robot mode.

wow!!! these actually look good! And that starscream looks like an upgrade to his cybertron mode! Awesome! and how is that other plane thundercracker? Is it or is solscud just guessing? :p:D:lol:

Check out the Tracks BT!!! I guess it either comes with the G1 style sticker or it's painted on!! either way, I like it!!!

post-26-1098386223_thumb.jpg

Pictures of Transformers:Cybertron (Galaxy Force) !!!!

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread59414.html

They're all amazing!

Starscream is badass. Looks like the War Within Starscream.

Megatron: not sure about the color sceme there. Orange doesn't work. Car looks too much like the batmobile.

Prime: odd to look at, but WAY better than energon's fatimus. He looks decently futuristic in here at least. Fatimus was an abomination.

The mouth is pretty stupid though.

:unsure: It seems that Takara doesn't like the concept of robots in diguise and keeps puting Transformers in terms of heavy artillery not only in Robot Mode but Vehicle mode, well I can understand that for the decepticons, but for the Autobots?? come on!

Well at least we have the alternators, those really are robots in disguise :)

and how is that other plane thundercracker? Is it or is solscud just guessing? :p  :D  :lol:

Yeah, it's Thundercracker. Says so underneath.

awww that sucks then. I was hoping it'd be a repaint of starscream. :(

Wow, I'm liking this Cybertron line so far! I think it's better than Energon in the same way that Energon was better than Armada. Still, it is in no way comparable to Bin/Alt. Prime looks great but I hope they nix the yellow paint on his head for the production release. Megs looks alright although the colors are sort of pukey. And Starscream & Thundercracker look downright awesome.

I think Vector Prime and especially Jet Rock look pretty damn cool, too!

post-26-1098399252_thumb.jpg

Is that what it is? I was just going by the 2005 boards who listed him as Jet Rock. He does have Jetfire's head, so Jet Rock seemed to make sense.

Also, I just noticed it now but Vector Prime looks like G1 Scourge mixed with a Tie Interceptor from Star Wars... :ph34r:

Edited by eriku