Official Transformers Alternators and more thread.

do what i do. Go buy the US Prime. and take the black gun. Then put the megatron gun in his hands so when the toy is put back in the case he'll hold the gun and teh stupid target or walmart clerks wont know the black gun is missing.  ;)  :D  :lol:

Are they stupid or do they just have better things to worry about?

Unless the clerk taking the return is a Transformers fan, or someone familiar with the popular details of our geekdom, they wouldn't have any reason to know what Prime is supposed to be holding. Hell, you could probably return him with the accessories missing, the twisties gone and still get away with it.

Back when Star Wars Ep1 was out and the Royal Starship set came out, people everywhere were buying it, removing the exclusive red R2 droid and returning it with a different figure in it's place. Or no figure in it's place. They were also just straight up ripping the window on the box open and snatching the figure.

I've seen other Star Wars 'remix' toys too. The most hilarious one was earlier this year. Someone had bought one of those Jedi Council 3-packs, removed the tall and distinctive Yareal Poof figure and the Yaddle figure and neatly replaced them with a battle droid and an Episode 1 Yoda. The Droid has articulated knees so it sat in the chair perfectly, and Yoda originally came with a chair so he sat in Yaddle's chair perfectly. You could not tell by looking at the package that it had been opened and the twisty ties were even in place. I'm sure the clerk didn't even look twice at it or check the package to make sure it was the same figures. Toys are toys to most people. Kind of a dirty trick but I couldn't help laughing out loud in the toy aisle. :lol:

A BT Mini-Cooper is up for preorder at bigbadtoystore.com. He's got seats for feets :D

They also have pictures of the Superlink combiners.

I like the idea of a mini cooper as a TF, but I really hope the final bot design is drastically different from what is on the website. The seat feet are revolting.

I wonder if it'll be Bumblebee?

Nice to see the Arielbots make a comeback...although two of the figures are just repaints of two other figures in the set, which is a huge turn-off. Why not go all the way with the idea rather than crapping out with repaints? I expect more out of Takara. And the combined mode isn't doing much for me either. The torso is nice, but the poor thing doesn't have any hands or feet. Bleh.

A BT Mini-Cooper is up for preorder at bigbadtoystore.com. He's got seats for feets :D

What does the mini cooper look like?

Quote from the BigBadToyStore newsletter.

TAKARA BT-09:  We've received word from Japan that the next Binaltech

release will be the BT-09 Mini Cooper!  No official pictures are

available yet, but we have a Mini Cooper Robot graphic from the

advertising campaign on their website.  We do not know the name or color

of the figure yet, but we'll post official pictures as soon as they become

available

That mini cooper transformer I think looks like that one posted on the mini-cooper robot site which was a fake about this guy making a robot out of mini-cooper parts. I think it was some sort of viral advertising thing for mini-cooper or something.

Having car manufacturer websites post images of their cars as robots seems to be a good sign. First Mazda and now the Mini. I think it's time to just keep checking out the websites of other car makers to keep an eye out for any foreshadowing. :ph34r:

So if they have Minis in the Binaltech line do you think they'll have BMWs?

A BT Mini-Cooper is up for preorder at bigbadtoystore.com. He's got seats for feets  :D

What does the mini cooper look like?

the seat thingy... i think its unique and hella kewl ^^!!

I love that design.

its looks like the best binaltech so far...

The most thought has gone into it.

And Havent u seen "The Italian Job"???

go watch it and ull instantly fall in love with them ;)

Well, I guess we have our Bumblebee. Him and Cliffjumper are the easy guesses for this one.

If Mazda's CG RX-8 work-up is any indicator, then the Cooper will probably look similar to that, though without the pipes and stuff.

Edited by Anubis

I'm kinda skeptical about the Mini Cooper-bot. Mazda's RX-8 site has blatent refs to TF, as well as the all important logo and legal information. This Mini Cooper site has none of the refs as well as the legal info. And doesn't BMW release the Mini?

Unless Hasbro says so (Like it did when they received questions about the RX-8), I assume it's not going to happen.

I saw a HUUUUUUUUGE Building size pic of the Mini Cooper Transformer in downtown L.A. I was thinking "It be cool if they made that into a transformer with that much detail." Who woulda thunkit that I hear about this a week later.

Image Anime in the USA has DeadEnd in stock, this is the first store in the USA that i have seen that has it.Image Anime

chris

:o wow i acctually saw this coming, i knew hound was going to be repainted as swindle at somepoint , looks ok but I like the green hound better..

All right, new prototypes. Yeah, Swindle was a no-brainer as another Wrangler.

Maybe they'll mod it into a hard top and release a Brawn as well.

It would be nice if someone would transform prototypes properly for once though. <_<

I'm loving Jazz though.

Edited by Anubis

Jazz looks toit!! now if they can add on that blue lines that the original jazz has, it'll be even more perfect!! :p:D:lol:

Jazz looks toit!! now if they can add on that blue lines that the original jazz has, it'll be even more perfect!!  :p  :D  :lol:

I dunno, as much as I usually like to see the characters look as close to their original G1 counterparts as possible, I'd say the blue lines would ruin the classiness being displayed here. I mean, Jazz is back in style!

Wow, I just picked up Silverstreek at Walmart and got home. I was expecting him to just be a repaint of Smokescreen...but he's actually got a lot of nifty little improvements! The head is different, more detailed too. The car interior is more detailed as well.All in all, I'm glad I picked him up.

How come Swindle has a autobat license plate?

Prototype.

But then again, it's not confirmed that it's Swindle.