Official Transformers Alternators and more thread.

Gah, Smokescreen is cool, but not that cool. If all of those re-releases are going to happen I hope they are done in very limited amounts so they don't pile up on Takara.

I bet the smokescreens are being made for all the racing fans out there.

That looks like all those police cars like the Skyline we got pics of earlier in the thread. Is that from a series or something?

No they exist in real life. It is not a series of any sort. Kinda like how in Cali the CHPs have Camaro SS as highway patrol. Or remember in the 80's when teh Lamborghini was real hot. they made Police cars out of them. I dont know who actually used them. But the Skyline and WRX and other cars have been made into police cars in Japan.

Got Alternator Silverstreak from BBTS. Should arrive today actually.

That looks like all those police cars like the Skyline we got pics of earlier in the thread. Is that from a series or something?

No they exist in real life. It is not a series of any sort. Kinda like how in Cali the CHPs have Camaro SS as highway patrol. Or remember in the 80's when teh Lamborghini was real hot. they made Police cars out of them. I dont know who actually used them. But the Skyline and WRX and other cars have been made into police cars in Japan.

In Italy they have a Lambo police car, just got one of the new Murcielago's for high speed pursuits and other important stuff (high speed transportation of body organs, stuff like that).

Got Alternator Silverstreak in today. Very impressive. The legs aren't as stiff as Smokescreen so it's earier to move. The paint job is pretty good as well. I like Silverstreak a lot. Hasbro's doing a great job with the alternator line, especially at 20 bucks a pop. Hard to beat that value.

Review: Stop reading and go buy it. If you can find it yet. Bwahahaha.

post-26-1086320965_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

With Sideswipe

Edit: updated pic with Silverstreak's feet fixed.

Edited by Anubis

Unless they changed the transformation for Silverstreek, the bumper and bottom part of the rear of the car fold out, forming the feet. This gives him a bit more height and his legs don't look nearly so stumpy.

Unless they changed the transformation for Silverstreek, the bumper and bottom part of the rear of the car fold out, forming the feet. This gives him a bit more height and his legs don't look nearly so stumpy.

Knew I forgot something. :p

hlj.com already has BT-07 fore pre-order.

Guess way, BT-07 is another Subaru.

It's even worse than Silversteak,

it has the same paint scheme as BT-01!

What a rip off.

Has Takara been downing a few too many SAKE BOMBS lately?

BT-07 = the first Binaltech I WON'T be picking up.

(same for BT-05.....Dead End. I don't need no stinking Decepticon's).

What a rip off.

Look back on this thread, you may be missing something. There is definitely a new Binaltech that is a reissue of Smokescreen with modifications to make his car mode more accurate to the racer it is modeled after.

I think only the hardcore Binaltech and Subaru fans will be after this one. I probably won't get it, but I think it's nifty that they make it available.

Just saw a few pics of Meister. Looks like the best one yet. But I don't know how Tracks got off the drawing board, it looks sooo bad.

i think it's funy that people here think it's a rip off when a company releases a toy that's just a minor repaint of a previous toy...erm...you guys have looked at your valks lately right? :lol: just buggin :p

from what hobby link japan says that Meister will be relased as both colors, Red and White that is pretty cool for the fans, some wanted white other wanted red, so i guess we are both in luck. here is the link.

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?TAK12482

from what hobby link japan says that Meister will be relased as both colors, Red and White that is pretty cool for the fans, some wanted white other wanted red, so i guess we are both in luck. here is the link.

Jazz and his evil twin Meister. :p

What a rip off.

Look back on this thread, you may be missing something. There is definitely a new Binaltech that is a reissue of Smokescreen with modifications to make his car mode more accurate to the racer it is modeled after.

I think only the hardcore Binaltech and Subaru fans will be after this one. I probably won't get it, but I think it's nifty that they make it available.

What most here dont know is how Popular the WRC is everywhere except the US and that Subaru is the most popular of the Japanese Car Manufacturers in Japan. They have serious stacks of WRC wins and that is why their cars sell in Japan. Their 2004 Legacy won car of the year in Japan and its just gotten released here as a 2005 model.

That is probably why Takara can do that in Japan. I doubt Hasbro will bring the updated Smokey here.

Jazz and his evil twin Meister. :p

Huh. I might get both. Call one Jazz and the other Meister.

Please note that Meister comes in either red or white, but these colour variants are treated as identical items by the manufacturer. As a result, we are unable to honour requests for specific colours, nor can we guarantee which colour you will receive in your order.

I don't get this....this is silly... why is it like they are treating it as a randomly white/red order?

Edited by wolfx

Today at a local shop, i saw this shop selling a "so-called" BT-04 Hound Prototype. It was all plastic but colored, and had decepticon logos on its head cover and registration plate, but otherwise looks exactly like hound (albeit non die-cast). It was sellin much cheaper than the original BT-04. Is this really a prototype or just some kinda bootleg?

I don't get this....this is silly... why is it like they are treating it as a randomly white/red order?

probaly because hasbro and takara are sending them out randomly, so you can not order 10 red and 25 white. it is like this with most companies in all fields (food, clothes, toys, DVDs) with most companies you cannot order a single peice you have to buy them in bulk, (10 per box sometimes) when you order a Bulk from Takara for these, they are probally pacakging them at random (this happens with a lot of toys,) one box may have 10 figures in it you may get 9 red and 1 white in one box and another box may have 5 red and 5 white. so hobbly link japan does not know how much they will be getting of each color so they feel that they are not going to able to give people the choice of which color they want. it may be like this with other online stores at first. they will probally show up on ebay soon after and you will be able to choose which one you want.

Chris

Today at a local shop, i saw this shop selling a "so-called" BT-04 Hound Prototype. It was all plastic but colored, and had decepticon logos on its head cover and registration plate, but otherwise looks exactly like hound (albeit non die-cast). It was sellin much cheaper than the original BT-04. Is this really a prototype or just some kinda bootleg?

haha, how reliable is that seller? He probably got ahold of the US plastic version, took it out of the box, stuck a decepticon sticker, back in the box.. and voila! $500 geniune prototype! :p

haha, how reliable is that seller? He probably got ahold of the US plastic version, took it out of the box, stuck a decepticon sticker, back in the box.. and voila! $500 geniune prototype! :p

I don't think the US Hasbros are even out yet.....are they?

Hey...it's my first MW post! Ah yeah...

The new US Alternators aren't completely out yet. Sightings have been reported of Silverstreak being found in Walmarts on the East Coast, but no sign yet of Hound. I'm practically salivating about getting these two.