Official Transformers Alternators and more thread.

I think it would make a nice decepticon... I can cope with the idea of the decepticons being licenced cars, I just don't like being a repaint of the actual models we already have. I could see a red corvete becoming a nice Startscream... or should we call it Roadscream? ;)

I think it would make a nice decepticon... I can cope with the idea of the decepticons being licenced cars, I just don't like being a repaint of the actual models we already have. I could see a red corvete becoming a nice Startscream... or should we call it Roadscream? ;)

I don't think that will happen. I expect all of the Alternators/Binaltech Decepticons to be based (at least in name) after Decepticon ground vehicles, like the Stunticons and such.

I do hope Takara/Hasbro extends the Alternators line past what they're planning. I'd love a repaint of Deadend with an Autobot symbol on his chest, there is no doubt in my mind that he was originally sculpted to be Sunstreaker, my first and (due mainly to nostalgia, sure) favourite Transformer of all time.

I will never forgive them if they deny me an Alternators Sunstreaker, when it would be such a simple thing for them to provide.

Oh, and also, if Deadend is any indication, the Decepticon Alternators will be much more than repaints. Deadend has a lot of new sculpting done as well. I expect the rest of the Decepticons will be similar. I'm just hoping that when Alternators are done (including the release of Sunstreaker) that Takara goes on to another collectors line, such as, oh, some jets maybe?

Oh, and also, if Deadend is any indication, the Decepticon Alternators will be much more than repaints. Deadend has a lot of new sculpting done as well. I expect the rest of the Decepticons will be similar. I'm just hoping that when Alternators are done (including the release of Sunstreaker) that Takara goes on to another collectors line, such as, oh, some jets maybe?

What new sculpting are we talking about here? Sorry but he looks like a repaint of Sunstreaker. Yes granted heis different from Sideswipe. But Deadend is jsut a black Sunstreak

What new sculpting are we talking about here? Sorry but he looks like a repaint of Sunstreaker. Yes granted heis different from Sideswipe. But Deadend is jsut a black Sunstreak

The head, the roof on the car, the whole rear section with spoiler, and the robots chest plate all appear to be new molds.

:unsure: What Sunstreaker? I know people (myself included) think this was originally meant to be Sunstreaker (because of the molded autobot symbol on the chest of the prototype). But instead, details were changed and it was announced as the first Binaltech decepticon "Dead End" instead. So it really isn't a repaint as it is the first Binaltech/Alternator TF based off the Viper Competition Coupe mold. Although I hope they *do* repaint it and give us a yellow Sunstreaker eventually. :)

Melissa

Edited by trueblueeyes

:unsure: What Sunstreaker? I know people (myself included) think this was originally meant to be Sunstreaker (because of the molded autobot symbol on the chest of the prototype). But instead, details were changed and it was announced as the first Binaltech decepticon "Dead End" instead. So it really isn't a repaint as it is the first Binaltech/Alternator TF based off the Viper Competition Coupe mold. Although I hope they *do* repaint it and give us a yellow Sunstreaker eventually. :)

Melissa

Takara and Hasbro love their repaints, so chances of seeing a Sunstreaker are good.

Melissa

Takara and Hasbro love their repaints, so chances of seeing a Sunstreaker are good.

I certainly hope so, the fact that they're taunting us with an excellent new Sunstreaker mold, but then releasing it in different colours and calling it a Decepticon is just torture. Argh.

I certainly hope so, the fact that they're taunting us with an excellent new Sunstreaker mold, but then releasing it in different colours and calling it a Decepticon is just torture. Argh.

Yup. I thought that was going to be Sunstreaker (with the Yellow paint job and Ralli stickers) too. I hope Takara plans to use this mold a third time.......

.......I rather see the Decepticons seekers. :(

More Prototype Binaltech/Alternator Meister RX-8 Pics

Meister Prototype Gallery

Proto looks good I can't wait to see the final version. Please be White(fingers crossed). Has anyone seen the RX-8 in White?

I got Hound and Streak yesterday they are my favorite so far. :wub:

Wow, they took the Impreza transformation and actually improved on it. Looks easier to get the arms in and out. Looks kind of odd having the molding facing each other at the feet instead of facing out, if he steps wrong, instant paint scratch.

Lokos awesome though regardless. Removable shades, even. I also like having the weapon as the muffler. Can't wait for a painted sample.

Hound and Silverstreak shoudl be streeting soon in the states, right?

The Meister has about the same transformation as smokescreen. But it looks sweet ass. Where does the dude get all the prototypes?

And does the RX8's back doors really open from the back?

I like the Impreza better as a car, but this RX-8 looks like a better toy and seems to have a slightly better transformation. The overall aesthetics of the bot look better. Too bad they picked such an ugly Mazda. :p

Wow! Loving this one so far. I had worries about the head sculpt but no more. That is definetly Jazz! :D I just hope it gets either a white or silver paint scheme. But even if it doesn't, I am still very happy with this particular Binaltech. Meister lives! :)

Oh and...

Yes, the RX-8 does have rear hinged suicide doors.

Melissa

aaa.sized.jpg

Edited by trueblueeyes

Ok the guy that has that toy is a moron. His feet are on backwards he needs to rotate the waist (liek smokescreen) so that the wheels are on the outside. Look at the cg animation couple pages back.

Wow! Loving this one so far. I had worries about the head sculpt but no more. That is definetly Jazz! :D I just hope it gets either a white or silver paint scheme. But even if it doesn't, I am still very happy with this particular Binaltech. Meister lives! :)

Oh and...

Yes, the RX-8 does have rear hinged suicide doors.

Melissa

aaa.sized.jpg

Suicide doors rule.

Guys! Right now I am working on an alternators SKYFIre/Jetfire design of my own and will post it here soon! Airbrushing in photoshop right now. LIke I mentioned long ago, my design is based on an F-14B test bed.The supertomcat proto outfitted with GE-110 FDE(Fighter Derivative ENgines).

It was drawn fairly quick just to show everyone an idea. I have the transformation planned out and will upload that detailed when I get done drawing it out. So far the transformation is simple nad of course since it is done quick it won't b ultra panel lined detailed right now. Just showing everyone an idea of what I have thought up.

The meister proto looks very sweet! I saw a gallery of it earlier and the removable visor*(hopefully clear in the final) is a very nice touch!

Dare I ask why it's called a suicide door?

Good question Cory. My dad had a modded 1932 Ford with suicide doors when he was younger that I have seen pics of, so I knew what they were. And hang around enough car shows (especially vintage hot rod shows) and you will see plenty of cars and trucks with suicide doors added. I just never really knew why or how they acquired their name. A quick google search brings up this little tidbit of info:

"Rear-swinging doors showed up in the early days of the automobile's history and were popular through the 1930s. The Lincoln Continental and the Ford Thunderbird had them in the '60s.

Exactly how and when suicide doors acquired their tragedy-freighted name is unknown, but the logic is apparent to Kit Foster, a past president of the Society of Automotive Historians. "I think it's obvious," Foster said. "If the latch is opened, the door gets ripped open by the air flow."

What happened next hardly needs to be said out loud. In the era before seat belts, if the passenger was leaning against the door, out he went."

Suicide doors indeed. As good of an explanation as any I suppose. Although you could also go with the theory that the name just sounded cool and stuck. :ph34r: Whatever works. BTW, no automotive company that I know of actually refers to them as "suicide doors" anymore. Not sure what Mazda calls them....I'll have to look that up later.

Edit: It's later. Here are some of the new terms for suicide doors that car companies now use: "In the Saturn Ion quad coupe, they are the RAD feature, for rear access doors. Mazda has named the rear-access door on its RX-8 sports car a freestyle door. Rolls-Royce calls them coach doors, and Volvo pointedly has no name, saying only that the doors are hinged at the rear instead of the front."

Melissa ...bringing you more useless information that you never wanted... :wacko:

Edited by trueblueeyes

Dare I ask why it's called a suicide door?

Way back in the day, when it was fairly common to hinge car doors at the back, they had habit of flying open in crashes. (more so than front hinged doors) As seatbelts weren't even standard equipment yet, this allowed people to be thrown out of the car. Keep in mind this was cars were likely to survive most wrecks with little more than body damage.

I have BT-03 and I have problem for the transformation : robot -> car

it's hard to lock the 2 main parts tight, if i lock them by 2 things on the side and the back of the roof, there is space between left the glasses of behind.

With the BT-04, there is things (place to put feet near the door to go out of the car)to lock the bottom and the top part when it's as car :)

Any tips for the BT-03 to have a "tight" car ?

as promised earlier, my rough quick concept design of alternator skyfire for fun

I was pondering this for quite some time. Since hasbro hasn't showed us any planes and since I got tired of waiting, I went ahead and designed an alternator skyfire for fun. Now most of us remember jetfire the toy was based on a macross mold. But when we were kids some of us thought he was an F-14. It doesn't help that a VF-1 resembles the F-14. SO with that in mind nonetheless it was an awesome toy. Add to the fact that the F-14 is my all time favorite plane even before I got into anime.

Not to mention the license for making a toy on an F-14 wouild be easy to get from northrop grumman. So with that in mind, I went ahead and designed this. It is a quick concept. Took a while to CG. The sketch was done last night and the airbrushing in photoshop done today.

I kept elements of the cartoon skyfire. Transformation is already thought out and I described the engine to leg transformation for the lower leg on the top right. I will have detailed transformation soon. In the mean time I just wanted everyone to see what I had so far.

nonetheless a way more detailed and better drawing will make its way here once I got some finals out the way.

And yes I already have it in my head planned out and it works. Alternate mode is F-14B super tomcat GE-F110 FDE(Fighter Derivative Engine) testbed. (F-14D and it's prototypes are also known as super tomcats). That plane's color scheme has red white and blue and those were the colors on g1 skyfire so I kept that in mind when designing this.

IF a alternator sky or jetfire IS made I suspect hasbro would indeed make him an F-14. I mean heck the original toy resembled one AND it's an easy license to procure compared to the F-15.

The gunpod is a TARPS pod(tacticol air recon pod system) used for recon on F-14s. added on is the LANTIRN targetting system and a phoenix missle. SO yes. Remember how skyfire got his tail whupped a couple times in g1 and died and came back in a few episodes? Well NOT anymore! this baby's packing some serious heat!

ENJOY!

post-26-1083913902_thumb.jpg

How come i see alternators for 50+ dollars on ebay, but the hasbro website has it down for 19.99. And i see it at target for the same price too?

Is there a difference?

Are you aware of the two different versions? There are Alternators from Hasbro, all plastic and domestically available for $20. Then there is Binaltech from the Japanese company Takara which are die-cast metal and in the $50 range. Most people use the term "Alternators" in their Ebay listings for Binaltech because more people are familiar with it. I suggest reading through the older pages of this thread and you should be able to find out all there is to know about both lines.

Edited by eriku

All I know is that there's Hound(Jeep), Silverstreak(WRX), Sideswipe(Viper), and Bluestreak(WRX).

What other cars are planned to be made into toys?

Welcome to the MW Forums VortexVFX.

Check out this thread for all the Tranformers Alternator/Binaltech line

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=4789

As far as I know BT-05 will be Tracks/Corvette C5, BT-06 Dead End/Viper repaint, BT-07 Meister/RX-8 (?)

Thanks, UN.

Btw, haven't I seen you before in the "old Forums"?

Yup. I didn't change my user name this time around. How about you?

Were you also VortexVFX on the old forums? B)):p:D