I really liked the first episode, the mind-frakkery was high, which is very Moon Knight. Oscar's accent is a bit suspect, but I think that's by design, I'm positive Steve Grant isn't the "original" personality, that's Mark, who we only got glimpses of. I believe Mark's mind swapped to Steve to get away from something, and the reason it sounds like he's faking a British accent is because he is, he's a dude from Chicago, he's just got a lot going on internally. 

My own rankings so far of the D+ Marvel TV series....

1) Wandavision

2) Loki

3) What If...

4) Moon Knight

5) Hawkeye

6) The Falcon and The Winter Soldier

I find Moon Knight kind of slow and disappointing so far....already halfway through the season and I feel it hasn't progressed much, hoping it gets much better really quick....I'm interested in eventually finding out how this character will tie into the general MCU...if at all...;)

Some of my favorite parts from WandaVision were the parts with Quicksilver in it.  Too bad they screwed up the character.  My favorite series so far are What If, Loki, Moon Knight, and The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

On 4/14/2022 at 8:00 AM, jvmacross said:

My own rankings so far of the D+ Marvel TV series....

1) Wandavision

2) Loki

3) What If...

4) Moon Knight

5) Hawkeye

6) The Falcon and The Winter Soldier

I find Moon Knight kind of slow and disappointing so far....already halfway through the season and I feel it hasn't progressed much, hoping it gets much better really quick....I'm interested in eventually finding out how this character will tie into the general MCU...if at all...;)

My list would have Loki on the top, then Falcon, Hawkeye, what if then wandavision at the bottom. That doesn’t mean that I disliked any of the shows so far, it’s just that it was so hard to get into wandavision that we almost gave up on it and I still don’t think I’d ever rewatch it because of how bad those early episodes were.

After this last episode of moon knight I’m not sure where it fits yet. The multiple personalities are starting to get a bit too gimmicky and a bit frustrating. He never explained what the problem was to anyone that mattered, this episode felt like it kinda was going nowhere. Hope the next episode gets things moving.

4 hours ago, Big s said:

My list would have Loki on the top, then Falcon, Hawkeye, what if then wandavision at the bottom. That doesn’t mean that I disliked any of the shows so far, it’s just that it was so hard to get into wandavision that we almost gave up on it and I still don’t think I’d ever rewatch it because of how bad those early episodes were.

After this last episode of moon knight I’m not sure where it fits yet. The multiple personalities are starting to get a bit too gimmicky and a bit frustrating. He never explained what the problem was to anyone that mattered, this episode felt like it kinda was going nowhere. Hope the next episode gets things moving.

To be honest, I'm not sure if I feel the need to re-watch any of these shows.....but it seems (so-far) only Wandavision, What-If and Loki have any ties into what's happening with the current batch of MCU movies...

Edited by jvmacross

10 hours ago, sh9000 said:

The first 2 episodes of WandaVision were difficult to watch.  I think my wife skipped them completely. 

This Classic Loki scene is still one of the best MCU scenes.

My girlfriend almost had me watching it by myself as well. I still don’t know anybody other than my girlfriend and my daughter that have watched it. Every coworker I’ve talked to couldn’t even be bothered to get past the first episode even though I’ve tried to tell them it gets better after the third one.

17 hours ago, jvmacross said:

To be honest, I'm not sure if I feel the need to re-watch any of these shows.....but it seems (so-far) only Wandavision, What-If and Loki have any ties into what's happening with the current batch of MCU movies...

Allegedly there's a Captain America 4 in production with the conclusion of Falcon and Winter Soldier tying into it.

Wandavision is definitely hard to get started with. It doesn't make much sense until we get closer to the modern sitcom-ascetic. You're watching a lady who's working out her depression and grief through this town she took over. You're looking essentially inside her head in this show. It doesn't make any sense. But that's the point. Unfortunately, it is a pre-req for Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness so you might want to brush up on the events of the series before watching that flick. 

There’s a lot about Wandavision that I didn’t like, and it goes beyond those first few eps.

But one thing that sunk both it and Loki was leaning ONCE AGAIN on the trope of our protagonists having this over-produced, climactic fight against a mirror-image/similarly powered opponent.

Add in that it seems that Wanda didn’t learn a damn thing from her experience, and Loki ended with a “Tune in Next Season to See How This Story Wraps Up . . . Or Not.”  It soured me a bit.