What will Hasegawa do next?

KOG Water Dragon

3 hours ago, enphily said:

oh fck now i want this kitИзображение

Personally, I was sold the moment I saw the pictures. My experience with test building the Regult gave me the confidence that Hasegawa had learned a lot since their old Valkyrie kits and this kit looked so much more like the anime than any garage kit or the Yamato toys. I couldn’t help it and immediately preordered 

I already saw pictures of the box online. It is super huge. Anyone got John Moscatos Quedluun Rau to compare? I have the Imai one in my basement and will take some pictures as soon as the huge Hasegawa thing is in my hands.

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

That's interesting. One row is Meltran , is the lower row of characters Zentradi? Or lower case and capitals..

I think it’s comparing the alphabet key that comes with the regult kits for Zentradi and the key for Meltrandi that is included with the Queadluun Rau movie edition.

2 hours ago, Big s said:

I think it’s comparing the alphabet key that comes with the regult kits for Zentradi and the key for Meltrandi that is included with the Queadluun Rau movie edition.

Ya that makes sense. I definitely recognize some of the Zentradi letters from my Regult kits. 

Edited by Bolt

14 hours ago, Urashiman said:

I already saw pictures of the box online. It is super huge. Anyone got John Moscatos Quedluun Rau to compare? I have the Imai one in my basement and will take some pictures as soon as the huge Hasegawa thing is in my hands.

I just got my Hasegawa at the door. It really is a surprisingly huge box. It’s a pretty good amount of plastic for a fairly cheap price.I wish I had the Moscato tv version, but it’s tough for me to come up with the cash.

@tekering makes a mad dash to slap together a kit for comparison purposes! 

slapdash.jpg.aa5467efd436e9ff919b373241a0881a.jpg

It's incomplete, lacks paint and decals, but at least you can see the proportions, and the articulation it's capable of...

flightposedexample.jpg.290ff7efe0d1d030cc276161e83aadb5.jpg

With the right stand, it'll pull off some dynamic flight poses as well.

flightposedexamplefrombehind.jpg.27e96a53fa45dc271dbce0770e0ffd65.jpg

On 12/4/2023 at 3:46 AM, enphily said:

oh fck now i want this kitИзображение

Oh, that's an extremely unflattering angle (and pose) for the Yamato toy.

Here's a more objective comparison:

60vs.72front.jpg.e2e67b01039f954c85d26a8690726bdf.jpg

60vs.72side.jpg.0fbcb0b059c9f2e6e88ddd9c554da5c2.jpg

60vs.72back.jpg.303e72f1fbea2a613c9e19bead8620cb.jpg

7 hours ago, Big s said:

I wish I had the Moscato tv version, but it’s tough for me to come up with the cash.

Some of us make major sacrifices for our Moscato addiction. 🤫

TVvs.moviefront.jpg.34b33b74359c4b9d375ae1824e67bb50.jpg

TVvs.movieside.jpg.2802bb1b65c189f630e16c610a59f6b0.jpg

TVvs.movieback.jpg.629dbe23dd9149eb348e3f9e5c618fbb.jpg

As you can see, the Hasegawa lacks considerable surface detailing relative to the Moscato kit; it's going to take some substantial chipping and weathering to bring the movie Q-Rau up to the standards of its TV counterpart. 

9 minutes ago, tekering said:

It's incomplete, lacks paint and decals, but at least you can see the proportions, and the articulation it's capable of...

As you can see, the Hasegawa lacks considerable surface detailing relative to the Moscato kit; it's going to take some substantial chipping and weathering to bring the movie Q-Rau up to the standards of its TV counterpart. 

Definitely looks better than the Yamato. 

I like the Moscato interpretation a lot and there definitely a bit of height difference, but there’s a certain elegance to the movie version Hasegawa has put out that I like. It definitely shows in the movie that she was a bit hands on and it might have some scrapes on the hand, lower arm and feet from face stompin

7 hours ago, tekering said:

Thanks for coming through @tekering 👍🏼 Great poses and comparison pics. Just as I suspected, the moscato is taller. Probably more of a true 1/72. 

I thought for sure the Hasegawa kit would be closer in size to mine, but given their track record, I suppose this was to be expected. The plastic kit is certainly great for the price, though it'll take a lot of work to get the aesthetics and details to faithfully match the oyster-like biological systems seen on-screen. Also, mine was made directly from Perfect Memory technical drawings, and I think I've captured the TV aesthetics and its fictional technological background, far, far better. Hasegawa, well... You know. :unknw:

7 hours ago, captain america said:

I thought for sure the Hasegawa kit would be closer in size to mine, but given their track record, I suppose this was to be expected. The plastic kit is certainly great for the price, though it'll take a lot of work to get the aesthetics and details to faithfully match the oyster-like biological systems seen on-screen. Also, mine was made directly from Perfect Memory technical drawings, and I think I've captured the TV aesthetics and its fictional technological background, far, far better. Hasegawa, well... You know. :unknw:

I like your interpretation of the tv version, I’m curious on what you would change other than height on the movie version. To me the Hasegawa looks really great compared to its line art pictures and animation. I’m not the worlds best expert and don’t have every bit of technical info, so I would love to know what things about this aren’t up to your standards.

16 minutes ago, Big s said:

I like your interpretation of the tv version, I’m curious on what you would change other than height on the movie version. To me the Hasegawa looks really great compared to its line art pictures and animation. I’m not the worlds best expert and don’t have every bit of technical info, so I would love to know what things about this aren’t up to your standards.

For my part, aside from size , the level of detail is pretty shy, compared to the Moscato. I'm not complaining, I'm quite happy and anxious to start in on the Hasegawa. 

10 minutes ago, Bolt said:

For my part, aside from size , the level of detail is pretty shy, compared to the Moscato. I'm not complaining, I'm quite happy and anxious to start in on the Hasegawa. 

I guess that’s a thing I’m curious about. All the pictures and screen shots look really close to the kit for the movie version, the surface details seem to have less going on than the tv version and I also know that the moscato version has added detail that wasn’t on the original, like the rivets. 

18 hours ago, Bolt said:

Especially the cockpit. Admittedly, the endless bundles of red spaghetti (muscle fibers?) would be more of a challenge for a plastic model.

Screen Shot 2023-12-06 at 7.54.59 PM.png

5 hours ago, captain america said:

Especially the cockpit. Admittedly, the endless bundles of red spaghetti (muscle fibers?) would be more of a challenge for a plastic model.

Screen Shot 2023-12-06 at 7.54.59 PM.png

The inside is definitely something that needs a bit of work. It’s a bit like Dunbine with a somewhat muscle kind of structure here and there. I get the feeling that hasegawa knew mechanically how to make the outside and kinda didn’t know how to make that all work and still be able to open and close. I’ve found very get pictures that really show where all that stuff goes.

9 hours ago, captain america said:

Admittedly, the endless bundles of red spaghetti (muscle fibers?) would be more of a challenge for a plastic model.

3 hours ago, Big s said:

It’s a bit like Dunbine with a somewhat muscle kind of structure here and there.

Alien biotechnology was all the rage in 1984. 😅

biotechnology.png.01c9e9c179361c193b7d20bf567cf938.png

3 hours ago, sh9000 said:

How does the Hasegawa 1/72 Q-Rau look standing next to a HMR VF-1 in Battroid without forced perspective?

That's a great question. I'm sure someone can post that sooner than me. Are the HMR's actually 1/100? I think they would look good together. The Q-Rau may come across a bit large .:aggressive:

15 hours ago, Bolt said:

That's a great question. I'm sure someone can post that sooner than me. Are the HMR's actually 1/100? I think they would look good together. The Q-Rau may come across a bit large .:aggressive:

Yeah they will look good together but the Hasegawa Q-Rau will be too tall.  The specs show that it is 18.8 m and a VF-1 Battroid is 14.1 m in height.  The HMR is 1/89 scale.

There's a bit of an inconsistency going on with the inside of the Queadluun Rau movie version cockpit. In one scene there the mess of muscle wiring and in the end scene when Max and Miria or Milia or whatever her name is , there’s no wiring, but a couple extra clips hanging down.IMG_2316.png.ecf388bb949313c882b6accdf861b904.pngas far as internals, I found this one for how the hands fit in.IMG_2315.png.d449d3a15a5a21cdd4de60d133f9d87f.pngit seems like a complicated mess to set up and connect. I’m kinda thinking maybe that muscular wiring is in a retracted form until it’s activated. They show a couple of scenes where this stuff moves and I’m getting the idea that this biomechanical wire just connects itself to the pilot suit connection points. Like if in a parked state, you wouldn’t really see the wiring, but then when activated it comes alive and does the connections and allows the pilot to control it from there.
When the purple grunt gets shot down and crashes into the enemy ship the bio mechanical system dies and that’s why it was still dangling loosely as the pilot fell out and then her light went out on her chest showing that she passed since the suit could tell she had died