Has anyone come across a decent scale toy of any of the Yukikaze fighters yet? or a prebuilt other than the YS 1/144? thats way too small. need something to display next to my valks and "neeeeaeeeeeeeerrrow" and "whoooooooosh" around my house

Nope, it's just those and the models. The 1/72 kits are quite a nice size for whooshing though :)

Nope, it's just those and the models. The 1/72 kits are quite a nice size for whooshing though :)

Thanks Valkyrie, but i dont have time nor patience these days for building models (and to be honest, i'm crap at painting them too). you wouldnt happen to know where i can pick up a Boomerang SQ. basball cap from? HLJ say they are out of stock and i cant seem to find them anywhere else. T-shirts look cool too.

Thanks Valkyrie, but i dont have time nor patience these days for building models (and to be honest, i'm crap at painting them too). you wouldnt happen to know where i can pick up a Boomerang SQ. basball cap from? HLJ say they are out of stock and i cant seem to find them anywhere else. T-shirts look cool too.

Well, this won't be much help, but there is one other Yukikaze hat...

Back before the volume 1 DVD came out in the US, there was a promotional boxed set that (I assume) was sent out to retailers and reviewers to help generate some interest for the series. It included the first DVD, and a Yukikaze hat. The front has the two kanji Yukikaze logo, and the back has Yukikaze written in english. I got one of the sets on ebay a while back.

Also, the limited edition version of the first DVD came with a Boomerang patch, if you want to make your own hat :p

I was asked in another thread to up some wallpapers for Yukikaze, if anyone has some nicer hi-res ones, please post 'em!

My apologies if anyone has already posted these.

Thanks to the original uploader (on another site somewhere..)

Cool! Thanks so much, Vermillion01! I'll see if I can dig up the tiny images that I've culled off the net. If I ever complete my Mave avatar, I'll post that too. Thanks again! :)

The art book that Valkyrie posted back on page 16 is up for auction on Yahoo Japan.

http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f61411125

Bidding starts at an insane 25,000 yen! Ouch. No bidders yet though.

I finally got around to watching the 5 episodes. Yeah there was some serious gay tention going on between Jack and Rei. Now that I think about it there was more of a love triangle between Jack to Rei and Rei to his plane. It would have been complete if the plane and Jack had a fling. Still if you can get past that the planes were about as close to digital pron as anything I've ever seen! That tail slide off the carrier in episode 5 was pretty cool.

Is this the DVD that is supposed to include the other art book?

Click here!

Oops link fixed

Edited by Steve68

The art book that Valkyrie posted back on page 16 is up for auction on Yahoo Japan.

http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f61411125

Bidding starts at an insane 25,000 yen! Ouch. No bidders yet though.

Yea, there's auctions like that all the time. Usually starting right around there, and rarely getting a bid.

I think I got mine for Y8000 back when there were still a lot of them to go around. But now they've really dried up, and they usually sell for $150+ (when there's an auction with a low enough starting bid)

In other Yahoo Japan news, there was a 1/100 Normal Sylph resin kit up a couple weeks ago, which I never knew existed. It sold for Y28,000

http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m43581730

Is this the DVD that is supposed to include the other art book?

Clicky thing

Your link doesn't work. But the book and DVD set is usually called Fairy Air Force at War. Great book, but pretty useless DVD.

How difficult is it to buy stuff from Amazon Japan? I want to get the art book that comes with the dvd.

I've spotted that on Yahoo and Amazon Japan too... wouldnt mind a copy but i'm just as fuzzy on the whole thing as you are. I cant get my PC to translate properly so its even harder to see whats going on

I've used amazon.co.jp many times, being completely illiterate in Japanese.

When you first get to the site, there's a button on the blue bar on the right that says "IN ENGLISH". Click on this to go to the "Shop In English" page. Once you've done that, all the regular Amazon navigation buttons and text appears in English for all your subsequent searches and actions, including the account and checkout screens. Sometimes it will switch back to Japanese, but just look for a little "Do you want to see this page in English?" link, click it, and voila.

You do have to create a separate account for Amazon Japan (e.g, you can't "reuse" an Amazon US account).

Product names, descriptions, and so on will remain in Japanese, so it usually helps to know what you're looking for, or to have other sites where you can look up products in English. I've also found that searching for the names of items using Japanese text usually gets you more results (e.g. putting in "マクロス" instead of "Macross"). I usually find at least one item under the subject I want, then just select, copy and paste the Japanese text for the series into the search window. Of course, you need to know what the name of the series, book, whatever you're looking for looks like in Japanese, but that usually pretty easy to find.

Anyone managed to source a Boomerand SQ baseball cap? tried looking at the yahoo japan (damn thats hard to navigate when u cant translate pages) and amazon.jp with no luck. Any pointers or suggestions would be appreciated -

If anyone wants to part with the flight patch from their dvd, drop me a line.

thanks.

Vermillion,

If you go to Samurai-monkey, they have a link to dozens of Yahoo.jp searches. Yukikaze is one of them. The link will bring up all the Yahoo.jp auctions for Yukikaze.

Also you can cut and paste the link from an individual auction into the Google translator and get a rough idea of what the auction is saying.

Steve

Edited by Steve68

What does the cover of the art book look like that comes with the DVD?

I'm looking at this auction.

http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k48620473

Steve

It's the plain, brown-ish book on the left.

And Vermillion, I don't think I've seen that cap on yahoo japan in quite a while now. I could keep an eye out for one when I'm in Japan in November.

• 3 weeks later...

From Anime News Network:

Japan's Yukikaze Blu-ray Box to Add English Dub, Subs

Bandai Visual's Yukikaze Blu-ray Disc Box in Japan will include switchable Japanese and English subtitles, as well as both a Japanese Dolby TrueHD 5.1-channel soundtrack and an English one of the same specifications. The box will be a limited pressing that sells for 26,040 yen (about US$221.20). In addition to five episodes, the box will include a 20-page booklet, a 200-page production design collection, and a 1/200 die-cast model of the Mave prototype fighter. Japanese Blu-ray Discs can play on North American players and vice-versa.

Source: AnimeonDVD.com

I wonder if the production design collection is the same as the "Blue & Purpre" artbook.

What is the "blue & purple" art book? Is that the same as that small one that came with the DVD? or is there something else out there - I really would like anything there is on their technology mech designs - love the aircrafts!

Wow, a new art book and a die-cast Mave... I might just have to get that set, even though I don't have a BluRay player...

FYI, the Fairy Air Force at War book is 160 pages, and Blue and Purpre is 120 pages. So this most likely IS a new book!

And Blue and Purpre was an art book that was self-published by a couple of the Yukikaze designers, which they sold at the Comic Market in japan about a year ago. It's since commanded prices of $200+ on yahoo japan auctions. Great book though!

I've been trying to get the artbook that comes with the DVD with no luck. I would get the one from Amazon Japan, but it ends up costing about double what I see on Yahoo Japan. I also have the 1/72 Hobbyfan recast of the Mave and Supersylph. I might buy the Platz version of the Mave when they re-release it in the next few months.

Anyone still looking for the Boomerang cap here you go:

http://www.hlj.com/product/CSP12626

There is a shirt as well with the Boomerang logo. It would be nice if Bandai would release a 1/72 plastic kit. There are a few things that Platz got wrong with their resin version that Bandai got right on their 1/100 plastic kit.

Edited by Steve68

I had seen different images of these posted over on Samurai Monkey. I emailed Platz about the status of their 1/72 Mave kit that has been discontinued and they said it would be re-released around December.

Do any of the art books contain 3 view drawings of the Mave?

Steve

Do any of the art books contain 3 view drawings of the Mave?

How about this: http://www.platz-hobby.com/image/air/ssy/mave4.jpg

The book from the DVD does not have 3 view drawings but a small walkaround section.

Does the Blue & Purpre book have more detailed drawings of the Flip Knight version? I'm thinking of scratch building something...