The next alternator, mazda rx-8

Mr.Sci-Fi

If painted right, it could be.... Jazz? Nah.

However, that wouldn't be too surprising. Jazz, Prowl, Bluestreak/Silverstreak, and Smokescreen had similar tranformations in G1.

How about.... one of the two original red mini-car Autobots? Cliffjumper and.... who's the other one? Those two could work.

or they could paint on flames, change the head, and instant Hot Rod!! LOL :ph34r:

Nice!. Only concern is they seem to be using a pretty standard transformation template for most of the alternators. Now thats not to say that previous transforming robot lines, including macross and transformers are not guilty of the same crime, but I just hope we see more variety.

So will the transformer also have incorrect horsepower ratings followed by an admittance of printing false performance numbers with an offer to buy back all the toys from unhappy owners? :lol:

Will it also come with ten sets of engine seals so every 30,000 miles you can do a massive engine overhaul on that wankel to keep it running? :p

... if I were a trans-fan or a Mazda fan these jokes might be seen as insulting...

... oh well, the truth hurts! :lol:

YES! YES! YES!!!

I love the RX-8! This makes me SO happy.

Now... if dream beyond dream, Ford could see fit to license one of the new Mustangs, I think I would probably cry tears of joy.

Way to go, Mazda! :lol:

If painted right, it could be.... Jazz? Nah.

However, that wouldn't be too surprising. Jazz, Prowl, Bluestreak/Silverstreak, and Smokescreen had similar tranformations in G1.

How about.... one of the two original red mini-car Autobots? Cliffjumper and.... who's the other one? Those two could work.

or they could paint on flames, change the head, and instant Hot Rod!! LOL :ph34r:

Exactly, a lot of them had similar transformations, and it would make sense that some of the alternators would ave transformation similarities, especially for the detail they wat to put in both the car and robot modes.

The Rx-8 one looks to have a couple of differences looking at the design and transformation they showed.

Either way, it looks positively bad ass.

I want one. Now for the Impala or Crown Vic Prowl.

Zoom!Zoom!Zoom! I want one! :lol:

So will the transformer also have incorrect horsepower ratings followed by an admittance of printing false performance numbers with an offer to buy back all the toys from unhappy owners? :lol:

Will it also come with ten sets of engine seals so every 30,000 miles you can do a massive engine overhaul on that wankel to keep it running? :p

... if I were a trans-fan or a Mazda fan these jokes might be seen as insulting...

... oh well, the truth hurts! :lol:

Before you make a bunch of wise ass remarks, you should really get your facts straight.

The horsepower argument is bogus. Yeah, they claimed higher horsepower than they actually dyno at but the car performs like it has the HP they claimed it would. The RX-8 performs like they said it would, even if the dyno numbers don't match. The only problem is for losers who do nothing but brag about HP figures. Not to mention if you're complaining about the RX0*'s power you're missing the point of the car. It's a sports car, not a muscle car. That means it was designed to handle; not go straight really fast and suck ass at everything else.

Don't bring up the rotary reliability argument because you'll look like more of an idiot. I have a 1986 RX-7 that has over 140k miles on the original engine and runs perfect. A normally aspirated rotary is just as reliable as any piston engine. And if you want to talk durability, consider that our cars were designed to redline. How many piston engines can redline for an hour and not get destroyed?

Mazda won Le Mans in 1991 because their 4-rotor is more reliable (and fuel efficient) than any 12 cylinder engine. There's a reason rotaries are banned in 24 hours of Le Mans and 24 Hours of Daytona: It's because they own any other engine in long-duration high-RPM use.

The only rotaries that need to be rebuilt less than every 100k are the turbo-charged engines in the third generation RX-7 (but any high performance engine is gonna need maitenance like that, especially soemthing that gets 280HP out of a 1.3liter engine) and engines that belong to people who don't know how to maintain a rotary.

The myths about the rotary engine are often miscontrued as facts because people don't know how roatries work, but unfortunately those myths aren't true. Not to mention J, I seem to remember that you're a muscle car guy so talking about engine reliability and poor business practices when you're an American car guy is pretty damn hypocritical if not downright ironic. Before you make a bunch of snide unrelated comments in a thread you should do your research, it'll work a lot better.

That said I don't like the look the look of the RX-8 much, but it's definately a beauty queen compared to the Viper and Jeep.

Meh. I like the RX-8, but man, the Viper OWNS..! ...of course, Sideswipe's robot form is rather odd, but it's growing on me...

You know what I want to see? 2005 Mustang!! C6 Vette...! ..and for God's sake, BLUESTREAK should be a 350!!! I think I'm one of the few people I know to like how that car looks...

Edit: You know what scares me, our little RX-8 buddy ALMOST looks like he has Magnus's head. Imagine THAT....

Edited by GreenGuy42

Couldnt Have said it any better myself Yellowlightman. haha go NA Rotary but of course you know im all turbo with my dad's FD. I would have prefered a FD Alternator but this isnt shabby. I like it a lot!!!! So much more than Sideswipe and dare I say even Smokescreen? Its a toss up for me between the two.

Edited by Solscud007

Couldnt Have said it any better myself Yellowlightman. haha go NA Rotary but of course you know im all turbo with my dad's FD. I would have prefered a FD Alternator but this isnt shabby. I like it a lot!!!! So much more than Sideswipe and dare I say even Smokescreen? Its a toss up for me between the two.

Yeah, the FD is probably one of the best looking cars of the 1990s. The RX-8 is a step down, but by no means an ugly duckling. Turbo is nice, but relaibility does get compromised. But considering the price and efficiency of the FD, rebuilding every 90k isn't that bad. Seeing as how a FD will compete equally with a same year NSX (if not beat the NSX in some areas) for 1/3 the price.

Before you make a bunch of wise ass remarks, you should really get your facts straight.

Obviously I hit a nerve (like I thought I would) with my jokes.

Did I say anything to what you are going on about? No. I simply stated a fact as a joke... Here is the reference for my factual joke in case anyone wants to know the facts about it: Mazda offers Buy Back on 2004 RX-8 cars due to "misleading" horsepower listings

As for the reliability issue I know a girl who owned an RX-7 in college and that car ate her out of more money than any vehicle I have ever had the misfourtue to see. She and her friends could not work on it in their garage like my obviously inferior classic american V8 and she had to repeatedly take it to the dealer for even minor things that ended up costing her tons of money. The car she had was a lemon and I have heard of many people who had the same experinences... yes those are the rare occasion. But I WAS MAKING JOKES!

All I did was make two simple goofy jokes (am I the only one who notices the smilies and things in a post?) and I get my crap jumped by people who are just too touchy. Well I'm not looking for a fight on this issue, all I wanted to do was make a joke. Admittedly it was a joke that I knew someone would have a coronary about and take waaaaaaaaaaaay out of context as me bashing imports. Guess what? I drive an import as a daily car. Guess what else? I just bought another import for my fiancee to drive.

I apologize if my simple jokes insulted your deep respect for this car. From now on I will start all my jokes with this listing: I AM MAKING JOKES HERE, THIS IS HUMOR MEANT TO BE FUNNY.

JSARClight I dont think Yellowlight man meant any harm or thought you were "dissing" the Rotary. Your facts are based on truth. My father has a FD RX7 (3rd Gen twin turbo R1) the twin turbo RX-7 3rd gens are renown for breaking down due to the turbo and other things such as the apex seals. Kids who buy these things dont knwo how to properly treat these cars and they break. Now your friend had an RX7, should have looked a little more into that one. What year was it? Was it a turbo? Rotary cars can be great if properly handeled. And true the other problem is that they are expensive to maintan since not too many people knwo how to work on rotary cars.

Now the new Renesis RX8 motor is deemed "bulletproof" by my dad and as he is such an avid fan of the rotary I believe that the RX8 solves the issues of the common problems found in rotaries. How ever our littel Alternator friend here wil not have such problems. Knock on wood. haha

As I said I apologize for escallating this thread, I was just making jokes. I meant no harm.

Edit: Shelly's car was a 1992 RX-7 and that is as much as I know about it, I was never that close to the car to know a lot about it's propper workings... only that her father bought it for her new in 91 and like 20,000 miles later something massive went wrong with it requiring all the seals and most of the tranny to be replaced (it was a manual). Then around 30K the electrical system went tits up and a few months later the tranny blew again and after that it had some fuel system problems and that is when she sold it. I remember seeing it sit on the dealer's lot for weeks before someone bought it... and then when we were going somewhere a few months later we saw it back at the dealer's in the service area. That particular car was a total lemon and I have no clue how it got past quality control... but then after picking her up from the dealership time and again getting that thing fixed I talked to the mechanics in the bay one time and they said that those cars (the RX-7's from the late '80s through the early '90s) were notorious for the problems she was having and that led myself and all the people that knew Shelly and her car to have a very poor opinion of the RX-7. I do know that everyone has said the new RX-8's engine is totally different and improved but I don't know anyone that has one... that and the "reliability myth" is so heavy here in the midwest that those cars might not sell well around these parts. When the new ones showed up the guys in my office were talking about them... not how cool they were or what they could do, they were talking about the rotary engine and how unreliable it was.

Seems everyone knows a "Shelly" with one of those cars that had a bad time with it... or at least they think they do.

Edited by JsARCLIGHT

Did I say anything to what you are going on about? No. I simply stated a fact as a joke... Here is the reference for my factual joke in case anyone wants to know the facts about it: Mazda offers Buy Back on 2004 RX-8 cars due to "misleading" horsepower listings

As for the reliability issue I know a girl who owned an RX-7 in college and that car ate her out of more money than any vehicle I have ever had the misfourtue to see. She and her friends could not work on it in their garage like my obviously inferior classic american V8 and she had to repeatedly take it to the dealer for even minor things that ended up costing her tons of money. The car she had was a lemon and I have heard of many people who had the same experinences... yes those are the rare occasion. But I WAS MAKING JOKES!

All I did was make two simple goofy jokes (am I the only one who notices the smilies and things in a post?) and I get my crap jumped by people who are just too touchy. Well I'm not looking for a fight on this issue, all I wanted to do was make a joke. Admittedly it was a joke that I knew someone would have a coronary about and take waaaaaaaaaaaay out of context as me bashing imports. Guess what? I drive an import as a daily car. Guess what else? I just bought another import for my fiancee to drive.

I apologize if my simple jokes insulted your deep respect for this car. From now on I will start all my jokes with this listing: I AM MAKING JOKES HERE, THIS IS HUMOR MEANT TO BE FUNNY.

I never said that there wasn't an offer to buy back the RX-8 for driver's who were unsatisfied with it, I said that the claim the RX8 wasn't as fast as Mazda said it would be were false, which they are. The RX8 didn't have the HP it was advertised as having, but the performance was the same as promised. The buyback was offered so that Mazda wouldn't be flooded with idiots wanting to sue them because of a stupid number. The RX8 performs exactly as it was promised to.

It wasn't that you made the jokes, it was the "facts" you based your jokes on that bothered me because they were untrue. I'll be the first to admit the RX-7 has it's drawbacks, believe me. I'll be the first to laugh at the car's short comings-- the real ones. Things like the craptastic gas mileage I get or the fact that my car is slow as piss in a straight line.

Yet the shortcomings you chose to base your jokes on were totally untrue, that's what bothered me. It bothered me because in car circles I hear that same bullshit every from people who don't what the hell a rotary is except that they're "unreliable." Funny or not, the jokes perpetrated myths and lies and in that respect... weren't funny.

So... which Autobot will this Mazda be?

As I said before, the head resembles Jazz. If it *was* Jazz, something's off. Wasn't Jazz in a rally version of a Porsche in G1?

Also, the only red cars left I can think of are the mini-cars Cliffjumper and Windcharger. See? I finally remembered the second one! ^___^

Very cool, now do you guys remember the name of the transfomer that turned into a ford race car? you know he had Martini written on him.

I wanna see a Focus Rally transformer! and Bumblebee as the new bug.