The next alternator, mazda rx-8

Mr.Sci-Fi

How about a Bumble Bee alternator with the New Beetle?

I'm pretty sure they approached VW to get permission to use their vehicles image's, and were turned down. They were a bit over sensative to their product being used to make some kind of "war machine". Feel free to correct if I'm wrong, or if this has changed since. I've been outta the loop for sometime now. Too busy with new job and family to keep up with all the toys.

Here's a nice pic of three of the existing alternators. It'll be nice to see Jazz join the group.....

2222222Alternator_Boys_800.jpg

It's like their slowly being released from Decepticon POW camp or something...

I'm curious to see what they're going to do with the decepticon line. I doubt that it would be 1/24 scale. Poor Soundwave...

I'm pretty sure they approached VW to get permission to use their vehicles image's, and were turned down. They were a bit over sensative to their product being used to make some kind of "war machine". Feel free to correct if I'm wrong, or if this has changed since. I've been outta the loop for sometime now. Too busy with new job and family to keep up with all the toys.

That's kina ironic considering all of the kubelwagens they produced for Hitler. :rolleyes:

That's kina ironic considering all of the kubelwagens they produced for Hitler. :rolleyes:

...That is exactly why VW is so paranoid now about their how their name and images are used. Still trying to live down those WWII associations...

So no VW Bug as Bumblebee, which sucks. But, I think he would look neat as a mini cooper ( even though I think those are absolutely the ugliest damn cars in the world...well, except for that Star Wars Ricer Honda...so okay the second ugliest, but still...it'd fit! )

Well they're doing it the wrong way. Going for Bumblebee would a perfect way to make a better image. At least he's not a decepticon named "Kubelwagen" ;)

But the Mini would be a good substitute. If Hasbro/Takara can get them to do the license.