Btw, have to ask since you guys are starting to put your valks on a fish/nylon line. Do you guys put something in between the line and your valk? Like a small cloth or thin paper to the contact area? Or you guys just lay the valk directly to the line? Thanks. :)

Mine are on the valk, but I'm hanging my older or v2.0 ones

My current setup. I need another detolf soon!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Great looking little setup! Love the arrangement especially the top two shelves! Might have to get me a SDF1 soon! What scale and version is that? 1/3000 DYRL?

Well, it's probably time for me to post my setup. Apologies for the image heavy post. My partner is gracious enough to let me indulge in the basement, but she's nixed anything upstairs, so the lighting is somewhat difficult :)

1/48's

PHOTO_20140711_115627_zps0c0e096d.jpg

DYRL

PHOTO_20140711_115700_zpsd13eca13.jpg

Macross Plus and Macross 7

PHOTO_20140711_115728_zps212b0875.jpg

Macross Frontier (Saving a spot for the YF-30 and RVF-171)

PHOTO_20140711_115802_zps5bbfce43.jpg

SDFM

PHOTO_20140711_115840_zps41e91bbe.jpg

More DYRL

PHOTO_20140711_115857_zpsf9603b11.jpg

More SDFM - The Angel Bird racing the Fan Racer was fun to put together

PHOTO_20140711_115925_zpsc22544f9.jpg

Macross Zero (Saving a spot for the VF-0D)

PHOTO_20140711_115938_zps40f9c1a5.jpg

Other Stuff, Transformers, Star Wars, Robocop, Blade Runner, Doctor Who, 1/55's

PHOTO_20140711_120252_zpsb6e066d6.jpg

More ephemera, Dune, Mego, Star Trek, Neca figures

PHOTO_20140711_120309_zpsaba12762.jpg

Simply awesome!! So jealous! The hanging Valks really set it off! Im definitely gonna hang more of mine up!

Great looking little setup! Love the arrangement especially the top two shelves! Might have to get me a SDF1 soon! What scale and version is that? 1/3000 DYRL?

Thanks Spanner! Still waiting to get my VF-17 so that I can start my M7 shelf. :)

Yes, It's the 1/3000 DYRL.

Thanks Spanner! Still waiting to get my VF-17 so that I can start my M7 shelf. :)

Yes, It's the 1/3000 DYRL.

awesome! gonna find me one I think!

yikes!! lol! maybe this won't happen as soon as I thought it would..

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Yamato-1-3000-Complete-SDF-1-MACROSS-Action-Figure-Rare-Japan-Anime-Official-/151324653670?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item233ba6f866&_uhb=1

Edited by spanner76

Well, it's probably time for me to post my setup. Apologies for the image heavy post. My partner is gracious enough to let me indulge in the basement, but she's nixed anything upstairs, so the lighting is somewhat difficult :)

Also.. where do you get those clear display table stand things from? Sorry if this has been covered before but I haven't ever seen them anywhere.. I need me some of these!!

post-21335-0-20186600-1405142737_thumb.jpg

Edited by spanner76

Also.. where do you get those clear display table stand things from? Sorry if this has been covered before but I haven't ever seen them anywhere.. I need me some of these!!

I think those are just regular arcylic risers that you can find on ebay for cheap, for example this

I'm really happy to see all these other collections coming out of the woodwork. Everyone has there own little thing they've added to it to make it unique.

I bought a set of the color changing dioders from ikea by mistake for my single detolf downstairs. The brightest setting that should be white listed on the dial is blue. The 5 detolfs i have upstairs have the standard dioder with the warm light and you can see everything better. I'm not a fan of the variable dioder. It could be cool for some type of accent but I don't think it executes for the light I want to show a display. Good call grabbing the standards old man and the white detolf looks great.

Thanks man. :-)

Following my earlier post I decided to reroute my light cabling through the bottom of the cabinets.

I had to drill a hole and ensure that it wasn't above the foot in each corner of the base.

Then I finished it off with a spare bit of trunking I had which disguises the hole.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Very pleased with results. No more unsightly cables hanging around behind the cabinets.

An idea moment that will change macross displays for decades.

Yet another reason the original dioder is the way to go, the variable color dioder has the selection wheel mounted near the lights themselves so you would have an ugly white box in your detolf.

True. I love Hot Toys too for their craftmanship though recently their just capitalizing on their Marvel licensed products aka Iron Man 3. Before they finish releasing all the Marks variants... a new product from the recent Marvel movie will be announced. Ignoring again all the previous announced licensed products from different movies. (e.g. Batman Returns. announced like 2 years ago?)

I guess they were enrolled at the Bandai's Dairy Farm. Specialty in Milking. :D

I just sold my Warmachine Diecast. It's a very cool piece but I lost a lot of my Hot Toys desire recently.

I think they used a bit too much diecast in it... I know the MK42 is having some serious shoulder breakage issues.

It will be a learning process for them.

Edited by Gakken85

Thank you, I just now need to jazz up the cabinets like "sithlord".

LOL! I think we all do! :D

Anyways here is another attempt at a hanging / flying Valkyrie! This time my VE-1 Elint Seeker. Was much trickier than I first thought it'd be! Took a few goes to get the height where I wanted it to sit.. but pretty happy with the end result! Rapidly running out of fishing line too! Im hooked! get it!? hooked.. fishing reference.. never mind.. :p

post-21335-0-46752000-1405338748_thumb.jpg

Edited by spanner76