Game of Thrones Theory Discussion. Books. Show. Spoilers.

2 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

It was great seeing Arya's skills with the sword. I think the only worthy rival would be The Mountain

While I did enjoy that scene....when did she become such an expert? She was still learning under Syrio Forel in S1 before the betrayal to House Stark. She didn't do much learning when she was going around Westeros. Then in Bravos she had to give up her sword. She did learn how to fight, hand to hand and use knives with the Faceless men but I don't recall sword training. She really fought like Syrio Forel, but I don't remember her becoming advanced like that. She is an assassin for sure, but an expert swordsman....

Chris

Edited by Dobber

2 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

I read the rest of the season has been leaked online so I'm trying to avoid the spoilers. Already had one coworker talk about it today, ugh.

Hate when that happens! I've had friends and co-workers just blurt out spoilers vs. asking if you saw it yet first. 

19 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

That was pretty damn awesome! The scene in the cave was very intriguing & I loved Tyrion at the end "You fu--ing idiot". 

Yep.

Although you can see Tyrion starting to question his loyalties. I really like his character and how he's evolved over the series. I really hope he doesn't do anything that makes the audience scream "you fu--ing idiot" to him.

Also starting to enjoy the banter between Jon and Danny, at first I was annoyed with the "bend the knee" - "no" repetition. I'd love for them to remain leadership rivals with a burgeoning respect for one another. Hopefully it doesn't delve into 'creepy' Aunty/Nephew territory. Ugh.

-b.

1 hour ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Yep.

Although you can see Tyrion starting to question his loyalties. I really like his character and how he's evolved over the series. I really hope he doesn't do anything that makes the audience scream "you fu--ing idiot" to him.

Also starting to enjoy the banter between Jon and Danny, at first I was annoyed with the "bend the knee" - "no" repetition. I'd love for them to remain leadership rivals with a burgeoning respect for one another. Hopefully it doesn't delve into 'creepy' Aunty/Nephew territory. Ugh.

-b.

Sunday is family night for Got & Walking Dead & we all asked that same question about Tyrion, frankly if could have killed his sister (along with his dad) he probably would have yet he still seems to have some hidden affection for his brother. Perhaps Daenerys has learned that her Dragons are not indestructible. 

I'm hoping that Danny & Jon can continue to remain strong allies when they go against the White Walkers. 

Can't wait for the next episode. B))

Was on holiday at a place with a crappy wifi and could only watch the episode now. Fantastically entertaining stuff from start to finish (even though we suffered from the 'teleporting armies' phenomenon that is commonplace in this shortened series).

I'm just in doubt about something from the scene in the cave. Didn't we learn in previous seasons from the Bran/3 Eyed Raven arc

that the Children of the Forest made the White Walkers from men to prevent themselves from being overrun? Wouldn't the story that Jon was telling Daenery's based on the pictures in the cave be wrong?

2 hours ago, Marzan said:

Was on holiday at a place with a crappy wifi and could only watch the episode now. Fantastically entertaining stuff from start to finish (even though we suffered from the 'teleporting armies' phenomenon that is commonplace in this shortened series).

I'm just in doubt about something from the scene in the cave. Didn't we learn in previous seasons from the Bran/3 Eyed Raven arc

Hide contents

that the Children of the Forest made the White Walkers from men to prevent themselves from being overrun? Wouldn't the story that Jon was telling Daenery's based on the pictures in the cave be wrong?

At some point after the White Walkers started killing everyone. We don't know the amount of time from their creation to the point an alliance was formed.

-b.

On 8/8/2017 at 7:37 AM, Dobber said:

While I did enjoy that scene....when did she become such an expert? She was still learning under Syrio Forel in S1 before the betrayal to House Stark. She didn't do much learning when she was going around Westeros. Then in Bravos she had to give up her sword. She did learn how to fight, hand to hand and use knives with the Faceless men but I don't recall sword training. She really fought like Syrio Forel, but I don't remember her becoming advanced like that. She is an assassin for sure, but an expert swordsman....

Chris

Agreed. It's strange, although she did train with the Hound, and she was practicing with every chance she got. She may have been able to take Brianne by surprise once, or maybe twice, but not repeatedly. Even Eddard said that you shouldn't show your enemies your moves, which is why he didn't compete in tournaments.

I was intrigued with Sansa's line about how seeing Arya would stop Jon's heart... What, again? :D Possible foreshadowing.

I didn't think that the Stark children would ever be reunited either. Now they're together they seem vulnerable. It's just when you are most comfortable that GoT will stick you with the pointy end.

I did think that the Kingslayer, almost Queenslayer, would end up toast. That would have been most bittersweet for Tyrion. (He doesn't have the resentment he has in the book.)

18 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

^Jorah is done for. And maybe one or two of the Brotherhood. Either drunken priest and/or Dondarrion.

And as much as I'd love for Littlefinger to get his I would flip a coin between him and Arya.

-b.

Any action on that coin flip? I'm saving up for a premium finish sdf-1 :lol:

1 hour ago, Kanedas Bike said:

^Jorah is done for. And maybe one or two of the Brotherhood. Either drunken priest and/or Dondarrion.

And as much as I'd love for Littlefinger to get his I would flip a coin between him and Arya.

-b.

I hope nothing happens to Arya, she's my girl! B))

We seemed to jump from one set piece to another. Odd pacing but it seems that will be how this will be in the final stretch. A couple of observations. observations:

For all the mad skills Arya has, she still cannot match the lord of intrigue, Littlefinger himself. It seems that she might inadvertendly set into motion what will trigger the Northern lords stripping Jon of his kingship and passing to Sansa (who looks uneasy as it is).

And the little reveal of Jon being a legit Targaryen was pretty sweet. Not that Samwell was paying any attention though. I wonder how long before Jon finds out though.

The Expendables got all together at the end. That's some serious fighting power, although having Gendry there is a bit odd.

He can handle a hammer. Cutting the dead may or may not be effective, but crushing their bones will be. Loved the Baratheon stag detail on the head too. 

26 minutes ago, Sildani said:

He can handle a hammer. Cutting the dead may or may not be effective, but crushing their bones will be. Loved the Baratheon stag detail on the head too. 

I was a tad surprised that he was so open about his Baratheon heritage.

I called them The Expendables, but they could very well be the Inglorious Bastards. What a ragtag group.

6 hours ago, Marzan said:

We seemed to jump from one set piece to another. Odd pacing but it seems that will be how this will be in the final stretch. A couple of observations. observations:

For all the mad skills Arya has, she still cannot match the lord of intrigue, Littlefinger himself. It seems that she might inadvertendly set into motion what will trigger the Northern lords stripping Jon of his kingship and passing to Sansa (who looks uneasy as it is).

And the little reveal of Jon being a legit Targaryen was pretty sweet. Not that Samwell was paying any attention though. I wonder how long before Jon finds out though.

The Expendables got all together at the end. That's some serious fighting power, although having Gendry there is a bit odd.

Littlefinger won't make it to the end of the season; Arya will do the honors. 

9 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Any action on that coin flip? I'm saving up for a premium finish sdf-1 :lol:

Sure - a nice crispy Quarter. 

Ya know, since we're talking about coins. :p

8 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

I hope nothing happens to Arya, she's my girl! B))

Even though I have some doubts, this is GoT after all, I do feel the same, I was talking to a co-worker earlier and I think that she's safe. Watch out for main characters that have Valyrian steel weapons, those will obviously come into play soon enough. :ph34r:

-b.

Is it long enough?

Arya is a super spy and assassin, but Petyr's a past master of intrigue. I've no doubt he's making Arya do his work for him. If Sansa and Arya ever fully trust each other, he's finished. Arya already thinks Sansa is going to usurp Jon, and Littlefinger's helping that right along. 

Loved seeing Jorah and Danerys back together. They have some real chemistry. 

And Gilly solves the riddle of Westeros! Pity no one was listening. Maybe she took that book with her...

2 hours ago, Sildani said:

Is it long enough?

Arya is a super spy and assassin, but Petyr's a past master of intrigue. I've no doubt he's making Arya do his work for him. If Sansa and Arya ever fully trust each other, he's finished. Arya already thinks Sansa is going to usurp Jon, and Littlefinger's helping that right along. 

Loved seeing Jorah and Danerys back together. They have some real chemistry. 

And Gilly solves the riddle of Westeros! Pity no one was listening. Maybe she took that book with her...

Really good point.

I re-watched some of the last episode and froze the part where Arya read the scroll that Littlefinger hid so that I could see read the text. He's definitely manipulating Arya into a deeper mistrust of Sansa. 

That entire sequence with Sam and Gilly was awesome, I agree that I hope in her wisdom she took that with her.

Game of Thrones is literally the only thing that can make me look forward to Monday-Eve.

-b.

I believe Gilly took the book with them, along with the other books Sam had. Problem is, what if something happens to said books? That was the point in keeping them safe in the Citidel.

Chris

1 hour ago, Dobber said:

I believe Gilly took the book with them, along with the other books Sam had. Problem is, what if something happens to said books? That was the point in keeping them safe in the Citidel.

Chris

That would suck, but from a Jon Snow perspective I'm personally okay with him not having to worry about if he should be on the Iron Throne. That's the only book or documentation that if destroyed or lost would leave a plot point unresolved as it relates to the actual characters. We the audience know what's up already.

The White Walkers are going to be taken care of by series end in one way shape or form - either for this Winter or 'forever'. So if there is data housed in one of those books that's lost it'll just be for the sake of added drama or tension. 

-b.