So, apparently Sony and Marvel reached an agreement and Marvel will be able to use Spiderman. Don't have a souce, just what a friend told me at work

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=37892&p=1179914

We don't know if Spidey will join this movie or an Avengers flick. Money is betting on this flick as Spidey is a key figure in Civil War.

So, apparently Sony and Marvel reached an agreement and Marvel will be able to use Spiderman. Don't have a souce, just what a friend told me at work

On another subject:

a.jpg

most of us came across the news on the Spider-Man thread. it's good news but Sony I think also gets say on what happens with the web slinger.

The problem with being a "key figure" in Civil War is that Spider-Man doesn't need to be the catalyst, that role can be filled by any number of other super-heroes, and the fallout from that is one of his worst stories ever and has been retconned in the comics for being so stupid. I'm not sure why they need him, really, other than the fact he's my favorite super-hero and I like to see him. I don't want him used in stupid ways, Lord knows the comic book writers are already good at doing that. Unless they've come up with a better way to make him a player in Civil War instead.

Edited by Mommar

• 2 months later...

Beat me to it. After Winter Soldier it really seemed like they were firing on all cylinders, but after Ultron (including this Civil War news), it's starting to look like the wheels are going to come off the bus.

Edited by Duke Togo

Yeah, Ender is playing him. Not sure if he's in both Civil War and Infinity War, or just Infinity War.

Word is there's no offer is on the table yet. I'm also hearing word that there isn't that much Spider-Man involvement in Civil War (read, cameo).

• 2 months later...

Eh.. So far none of the Marvel movies have been a complete waste of time.

But yeah it's a big business. They will keep pumping them out until they have a series of failures.

And they have their formula down.

They're comic book based films, they're not going to engaging, the comic books they are based on aren't very engaging either, they're entertaining, and the films adapted from them are too, mission accomplished in my opinion. This is the first major connected cinematic comic universe, there are tons of stories and characters to introduce, of course they're going to keep pumping them out.

geez how many more of these bloody movies will they so shamelessly release!?!? to be perfectly honest the majority of them haven't been much of any good quality..

All of them. And until they make one as bad as Green Lantern, bring 'em on.

Hell as much money as these make globally - they'd have to fail on several films to consider shutting down shop.

Too big to fail.

Also, there are some very engaging stories out there. Read Civil War if you haven't.

For my money, the Captain America films are the best Marvel has to offer, and Chris Evans might be the most perfect casting for a superhero role I've ever seen. I'd be fine if all they made were Cap movies. I'm burning out on the Marvel movieverse (Gaurdians and Ultron didn't really click with me), but I'm jazzed for new Captain America movies.

My only problem is he's a bit too gosh shucks. Captain America, to me, was always a bit of a hard ass military man AND a boyscout.

I think Evans plays up the boyscout role too much. It feels like young Cap or something.

But yeah Winter Soldier and Avengers are probably the two best marvel Movies.

Edited by Gakken85