what brand is better for super valkyrie's

davidkota

Yamato will be the winners, no questions asked.

Bandai's are reissues of the old toys from the original release of the show. While good for their day, and the most playable of the 3 main ones, they aren't exactly known for their accuracy.

Toynami has had major quality control issues, as well as being Robotech merchandise, which earns them some more ire.

Yamato, despite a few quality control problems here and there, has consistently offered the most detailed, articulated, and accurate toys.

Yamato, Hands down. Toynami shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Yamato when it comes to valk ( :o Oops, I did it myself). Bandai is a great all around valk, nice "playability". :D

I would say in this order starting with the best.  Yamato 1/48, Yamato 1/60, Toynami 1/55, Bandai 1/55, then Banpresto's Perfect Transformation.

Thats blasphamy sticking the toynami in front of the bandai! :lol:;)

True, the Bandai is a better made Valk but the Toynami fastpacks have more detail. *Now goes in corner to repent* o:) :-"

There is no one "super" that is better, in my opinion. It all depends on what you're looking for in a Valk.

Basically, each toy (manaufactured by Toynami, Bandai and Yamato) has its own Pros and Cons.

You as a potential buyer has to make the decision on what you are looking for in a toy.

If you have questions on waht are the difference, you can post on this forum and you will get answer and/or opinion from many collectors that visits this site.

I would say in this order starting with the best.  Yamato 1/48, Yamato 1/60, Toynami 1/55, Bandai 1/55, then Banpresto's Perfect Transformation.

Thats blasphamy sticking the toynami in front of the bandai! :lol:;)

Don't you know that Toynami's MPC are exactly the same that Bandai's Limited Edition ? The sculpt is exactly the same.

Don't you know that Toynami's MPC are exactly the same that Bandai's Limited Edition ? The sculpt is exactly the same. 

Yup I knew. Only toynami version was bigger. I love the picture. My first Bandai HCM is on the way. It is a VF-1S Hikaru. Soon I will be able to compare the two. I did like the fact that the HCM in battloid mode you can close the wings with the missles still on them.

HCM PIC 1

HCM PIC 2

Edited by Mechafan

Definately Yamato 1/48 but hope you have deep pockets and lots of shelf space. :) Followed by Yamato 1/60 which are the best bang for the buck IMO.

Next I would rate the Toynami's. I hadn't actually ever had a chance to get my hands on one but I was messing around with my Cousins Roy and it's not that bad at all. It's sculpt is off, but then so is the Bandai/Takatoku... just the Toynami is badly overpriced (especially considering the armor) and doesn't have the nostalgia going for it. But that said, it's not a bad toy. Nice and posable in ways the Bandais' aren't with opening canopies and little features. The hands are easily way better than the Yamato 1/48... the light in the visor... :ph34r: We won't go there. ;)

Then I'd put the Bandai reissues for chunky nostalgia. :)

Yamato wins, hands-down.

1/48s are THE best Valkyries available. 1/60s are excellent pieces. I don't actually own a MPC, or have handled one, but from what I've seen of them, I'd probably but the Banpresto before them!

And as for FAST Packs, Yamato once again wins. Excellent build, great detail on the 1/48s. The 1/60s are nice as well.

Speaking as objectivly as possible, I'd put them in this order:

Yamato 1/48th (pricey as hell, though). Detailed and big. No parts that come off, though there have been some QC issues and marked fragility on smaller parts.

MPC 1/55th. Good balance of the detail in 1/48ths and some of the sturdiness of the Bandai 1/55ths. A little less pricey than the 1/48ths.

Yamato 1/60ths. As pricey as the MPCs, but smaller and much more fragile. Far greater detail on the sculpt, though, and greater selection (though that's mostly just repaints). Marked below the MPC due the frequency of the legs falling off in battroid mode.

Bandai products (all). 20+ years old now, and still as sturdy as day 1. Could drop a 1/55th off of your desk and create a nice hole in your floor :) Give up on breaking of these things with anything less than an 18 pound lump hammer :) However, sculpt is waaaaay off.

However, this is just my list. Take with a grain of salt and make your own decisions about how to spend your hard-earned money.

Here is my list:

1. Yamato 1/48 (Most beautiful VF-1 toy ever, super detailed, very articulated, very expensive, somewhat fragile, but solid enough to play with. Just be careful when handling it.)

2. Bandai 1/55 (Very sturdy, very fun to play, very nostalgic, very good price, still looks pretty nice after all these years, but kind of blocky.)

3. Yamato 1/60 (Beautiful sculpt & wide variety.......ehh......hmm...................................yeah. That was it. :p Seriously, too fragile to play with before legs start falling off or parts get real loose. A number of releases plagued with some QC issues. Nice display piece though as it is quite articulated for posing, better than Bandai's. Relatively cheap.)

4. MPC (Too weird looking for my taste, without the charm & nostalgic factor that the Bandai ones have, doesn't excel in any category, some QC issues.)

So if you are looking for something solid & fun to play with, Bandai is the way to go. But if aesthetics is your main game, you can't go wrong with Yamato's 1/48. Or at least have one of each, then you get the best of both worlds. B))

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?

YAMATO BY FAR

J.J.

I forgot to mention this if you want it just for display doesn`t trasforms then it`s Hasegawa model kit.

Yeah, but he may not have the skills/materials/tools/desire required to build a Hase model kit. I know I don't. Of course, if you do, then Black Valkyrie is absolutely right, the Hase model kits have the best sculpt around IMO, but they don't transform (not without heavy modification at least).

Edited by mister_e