Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Nothing to see here No3ljm! ^_^

Hahaha! I'm going to get banned for sure for adding this new 'quote' from Spanner. :lol:

Though it did says that 'Any number of lines' so it's still safe, I guess. Bring it on, Spanner. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

I bought a transformer, this is a slippery slope!

You are all enablers!!

(Looking forward to my KO MPP Optimus Prime)

Well... You've been WARNED! :rolleyes:

giphy.gif

But then again, congrats on your MPP purchase. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

Its the best KO on the planet :lol: If you plan to display it by itself or in alt mode it looks fine. I dont have a centralized masterpiece shrine so that scale didnt bug me as far as robot mode. My MPs i usually keep them boxed, Transform them, and display them for a day or two and then throw them back in the box. But i must always have an Optimus on display since he is iconic.

This is is just one KO, its a one figure line :)

My job here is done B))

collecting any of these wouldn't necessarily be scale dependant as I would only pick up what tickles my fancy but this massive Prime figure is giving me butterflies! :D:p

yes it would appear that way but I guess we can just wait and see how Mechinyun's purchase pans out.. -_- fingers crossed eh cos if all goes well then I'll be up for one or a couple for sure! ^_^

I wouldn't be surprise. Maybe this is a KO of an existing KO toy. :lol:

a KO-KO toy! hehe! :lol:

if it actually is a legit non KO of the KO toy then that price is just insane! I haven't seen any MPP-10 going for less than $99 usd.. :huh:

I bought a transformer, this is a slippery slope!

You are all enablers!!

(Looking forward to my KO MPP Optimus Prime)

my cousin has a Cloud9 Quakeblast coming for me for my 40th and he has a spare MPP-10 figure he said he's happy to give me also! He also has a few RMX-01 Jaguar (Ravage) coming and I might even score one of them also! ^_^

I think that recent bump to my head is causing some serious mental implications as I never really cared much for Transformers yet this is all happening! :rolleyes: yikes! :o

Well... You've been WARNED! :rolleyes:

giphy.gif

But then again, congrats on your MPP purchase. ;)

hehe! this wallet destruction animation gets some pretty high mileage! but its relevance is absolute!

Ended up buying that MPP-10 off that super cheap ebay link above. Figured why not for the money - I'll report back when it shows up (if ever).

I think I speak for all of us here when I say we are all definitely eagerly awaiting the outcome of this!

My NECA Aliens drop ship finally arrived. Can't say im overly impressed by it.. but it looks ok I guess. :mellow: The little APC is very cute though! ^_^

Being mostly die-cast it has some weight to it and will make a nice little desk ornament / paperweight..

attachicon.gif20160507_113829.jpg

Yeah, I just got mine in today. Pretty disappointed by the quality. It's a decent enough size, but my top tail fins are seriously warped down. They should be straight at about a 45 degree angle. They're curved down almost horizontal on mine. When I looked at the plastic packaging I can see that they probably wouldn't even fit if the top fins were at the proper angle. The paint apps on the missiles is terrible. The main front lights are wrong, my right light piece is not even glued on correctly. The omission of the hydraulics for the cargo ramp is very conspicuous and glaring IMO. Even for the size they could have done something. I've seen it done on smaller toys.

Sigh, with just a little more follow though and a little more QC this would have been a great little die cast toy. Oh well, hopefully the other ships will be a little better.

Edit: I decided to add some pics of the problems and I thought why not show my latest Nausicaa acquisitions these last few weeks.

Seriously warped top tail fins. I'm tempted to heat them up and straighten them out.

20160509_223435_zps86x5wvnl.jpg

The larger lower tail fins are die cast, yet they are also warped and bent out of shape.

20160509_223829_zpslfyevuup.jpg

Sloppy paint on the missiles. I can't tell if all that goopy-ness is plastic or excess paint.

20160509_223731_zpsprvu56if.jpg

20160509_224126_zpsusqybgfc.jpg

Now for some cool Nausicaa stuff.

We have the

Nausciaa and Moeve prepainted model by Cominica

Gunship by Formania

Ohmu in it's calm blue-eyed state by ensky. The Ohmu is a pull back toy. It's kind of neat as the different sections move back and forth as well as the front mandilbes as it rolls across the floor so it looks like it's crawling and alive as it moves.

20160509_223146_zps5jfi6ccb.jpg

20160509_223132_zpsmfup1qoo.jpg

Edited by sharky

I think all of the Dropship toys came with the tailfins that way. They'll have to be carefully straightened. The hydraulics for the ramp were probably not included because of the launch gimmick for the ramp.

Yeah, I just got mine in today. Pretty disappointed by the quality. It's a decent enough size, but my top tail fins are seriously warped down. They should be straight at about a 45 degree angle. They're curved down almost horizontal on mine. When I looked at the plastic packaging I can see that they probably wouldn't even fit if the top fins were at the proper angle. The paint apps on the missiles is terrible. The main front lights are wrong, my right light piece is not even glued on correctly. The omission of the hydraulics for the cargo ramp is very conspicuous and glaring IMO. Even for the size they could have done something. I've seen it done on smaller toys.

Sigh, with just a little more follow though and a little more QC this would have been a great little die cast toy. Oh well, hopefully the other ships will be a little better.

I think the main thing with this toy is that it was cheap.. but I guess I had my expectations set a little too high. In the end I don't mind so much about its deficiencies as it looks ok sitting on my desk but what did annoy somewhat more so was the cost of shipping. At about 1.5 times the cost of the toy itself and packaged in a box so unnecessarily large that no doubt didn't help in keeping the postage costs down.. <_<

And I also had to straighten the rear winglets as they were flopping down. I though it was due to fitting inside the packaging but when I straightened them out I placed the toy back in the packaging and the wings don't touch anything.

:rolleyes:

I think the main thing with this toy is that it was cheap.. but I guess I had my expectations set a little too high. In the end I don't mind so much about its deficiencies as it looks ok sitting on my desk but what did annoy somewhat more so was the cost of shipping. At about 1.5 times the cost of the toy itself and packaged in a box so unnecessarily large that no doubt didn't help in keeping the postage costs down.. <_<

And I also had to straighten the rear winglets as they were flopping down. I though it was due to fitting inside the packaging but when I straightened them out I placed the toy back in the packaging and the wings don't touch anything.

I added some pics in my original post about it. I was able to get free shipping from toysrus.com on orders over $19. It doesn't seem like it's for a limited time either. Looks like a new shipping strategy they are doing to be competative. I mean I can live with the size, lack of detail or lack of certain features due to the price, but the plastc and die-cast metal being warped and sloppy paint is just not right.

Edited by sharky

hehe! we have another guinea pig! :lol: or should I have said "crash test dummy".. :p

geez im certainly hoping this is legit! :unsure:

There was a message from ebay waiting for me this morning, they have pulled the listing, here is hoping that it still comes through! I guess someone has pointed ot out as a potential KO

Edit: I decided to add some pics of the problems and I thought why not show my latest Nausicaa acquisitions these last few weeks.

Seriously warped top tail fins. I'm tempted to heat them up and straighten them out.

The larger lower tail fins are die cast, yet they are also warped and bent out of shape.

Sloppy paint on the missiles. I can't tell if all that goopy-ness is plastic or excess paint.

Now for some cool Nausicaa stuff.

We have the

Nausciaa and Moeve prepainted model by Cominica

Gunship by Formania

Ohmu in it's calm blue-eyed state by ensky. The Ohmu is a pull back toy. It's kind of neat as the different sections move back and forth as well as the front mandilbes as it rolls across the floor so it looks like it's crawling and alive as it moves.

it is a bit of a blobby mess isn't it.. from the photos you took it would seem that yours is worse than mine!

awww I loved Nausicaa! Gee I must watch that again!

I added some pics in my original post about it. I was able to get free shipping from toysrus.com on orders over $19. It doesn't seem like it's for a limited time either. Looks like a new shipping strategy they are doing to be competative. I mean I can live with the size, lack of detail or lack of certain features due to the price, but the plastc and die-cast metal being warped and sloppy paint is just not right.

I wonder how long it will take for someone to fix the minor issues and do a repaint!

oh and I forgot to mention that mine was shipped international..

There was a message from ebay waiting for me this morning, they have pulled the listing, here is hoping that it still comes through! I guess someone has pointed ot out as a potential KO

ahh bugger! so they haven't actually cancelled the sale or issued a refund? hope it does come through ok!

Yeah i saw that message about the seller and the MPP-10. Does not give me the warm fuzzies! However, the seller did get a positive feedback from another buyer who purchased it saying it arrived fine. Guess we will see.

Might I ask what method did you use to straighten them? I was going to dip the tail fins in very hot water to soften them. I am weary of using direct heat.

Might I ask what method did you use to straighten them? I was going to dip the tail fins in very hot water to soften them. I am weary of using direct heat.

I just bent them back by hand.. maybe i should have used hot water to soften them first but I was a little impatient at the time.

The only issue being is that I made a small stress mark in the plastic on one side during the bending process.. its not very noticeable but only upon closer inspection.

Not sure how the plastics would react to hot water though..

They sell MPP-10 locally here for roughly $65. Even though I already have one, I am thinking of hoarding them lol. They're that good. And the price to size ratio makes it almost irresistible to get at least one for yourself. It's hard to believe that you can get something this big with this much quality for half price.

I also have the trailer (sold separately) that goes with MPP-10. It sells locally for around $60. Just like Prime himself, the KO trailer is better in terms of quality to the original. Plus they added a slight mold change to improve upon the engineering. Lastly, the bumpers and side grills are chrome!

Edited by ArchieNov

Guest davidwhangchoi

I found this page on the net..http://ohmyprimus.com anyone knows if this is a legit shop?..it has PO on the MPP-10

oh thanks! i hope it's legit. i guess i'll wait for someone to chime on with other alternatives

I found this page on the net..http://ohmyprimus.com anyone knows if this is a legit shop?..it has PO on the MPP-10

Hope someone from Singapore can chime this in if it's legit. Btw if it's based on Singapore then S$100 is around $73? Is that a good price for MPP10? I wonder how much the shipping cost to US.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Hope someone from Singapore can chime this in if it's legit. Btw if it's based on Singapore then S$100 is around $73? Is that a good price for MPP10? I wonder how much the shipping cost to US.

yeah me too :) i'm curious on the shipping charges.

That's a good price for it.