Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Took a few quick pics of WM while I was watching Godzilla vs SpaceGodzilla.

Really, really impressive figure. Very heavy, and very well engineered. I like how the arms pull down and rotate, and the diecast in the midsection. Lots of batteries to put in here and things to fiddle with. It has a great finish, look, and feel. Totally worth the money.

Also, I pinched the crap out of my fingers with this guy. He has some super sharp edges. Always the sign of a good toy! haha.

PrSJNRql.jpgcLXdFTVl.jpg

ThDAnYkl.jpgiNZUsgbl.jpg

Edited by Gakken85

just throwing up random pictures while watching basketball:

photo3_zpsb16047f9.jpg

Very nice. That pic would look cooler if you could somehow get the city backdrop minus the reflections. Like it's on patrol over the city.

Nice War Machine Gakken! I wouldn't mind getting the Igor suit.

Edited by wmkjr

Hi everyone. I'm a newbie in the forums. Bought my very first macross toy just last week. A yamato 1/60 17D with Super Pack. Right arm is kinda loose though. Any suggestions for a fix to make it tighter?

1800317_10153792006685008_1936599222_n.j1900044_10153791361265008_1135852809_n.j

maybe you can try applying some clear nail polish to the joints...dont have a 17, but for most toys it works wonders!

More mandrake shopping! I decided to grab a small valk this and grabbed a Bandai VF100 Ozama VF-25. It's a pretty cool toy, though it is VERY floppy so once I transform it to gerwalk I think I'll reinforce it to the pose I want and leave it there. I also saw an interesting one I've never seen before. A "Family Mart" themed VF-25 that my wife grabbed cause she liked the colours, also a pretty interesting piece for a collection. She got a cool Ranka figure too.

Bandai Vf100s

More mandrake shopping! I decided to grab a small valk this and grabbed a Bandai VF100 Ozama VF-25. It's a pretty cool toy, though it is VERY floppy so once I transform it to gerwalk I think I'll reinforce it to the pose I want and leave it there. I also saw an interesting one I've never seen before. A "Family Mart" themed VF-25 that my wife grabbed cause she liked the colours, also a pretty interesting piece for a collection. She got a cool Ranka figure too.

Awesome wife. I got an Armani jacket from my girl. Let's just say I would trade it in a heart beat for a single Valkyrie - in any scale. How to tell your loved ones that no Armani can beat a Kawamori? What's your secret?

Took a few quick pics of WM while I was watching Godzilla vs SpaceGodzilla.

Really, really impressive figure. Very heavy, and very well engineered. I like how the arms pull down and rotate, and the diecast in the midsection. Lots of batteries to put in here and things to fiddle with. It has a great finish, look, and feel. Totally worth the money.

Also, I pinched the crap out of my fingers with this guy. He has some super sharp edges. Always the sign of a good toy! haha.

Careful Gakks. Falling in love with The Hot Toys Iron Man line could break you. ;)

I lost count on how many designation marks are out in the market already as well as currently being planned. I believe there is some all die cast version in the works. One thing I noticed with IM collectors. One is never enough. Suddenly your out 3000 grand for a small army of them.

I have that Family Mart exclusive VF-25, too. We could buy it only on the Family Mart web store in Japan.

post-14942-0-69829900-1392398027_thumb.jpg

I recently bought this poster. Only 300 yen.

post-14942-0-17174200-1392397862_thumb.jpg

Awesome wife. I got an Armani jacket from my girl. Let's just say I would trade it in a heart beat for a single Valkyrie - in any scale. How to tell your loved ones that no Armani can beat a Kawamori? What's your secret?

Oh no, you misunderstand lol. SHE bought the valk, it's not for me. But I'm lucky I guess, the secret is if you find a who watches Macross marry her lol.

Oh no, you misunderstand lol. SHE bought the valk, it's not for me. But I'm lucky I guess, the secret is if you find a who watches Macross marry her lol.

That's even cooler. I can just imagine, "hey honey, I love you but don't touch my valk!" :p

Haha. I have MK 1 and War Machine.

I'm pretty specific about what I like, though so I'm not too worried. There are a lot of suits that don't do it for me.

The only other piece I want is the Silver cent. (which I have PO'd) And if they rework V or VI with diecast I might jump in.

But thank for the warning :D

th_ridearmor_zpscfac6e9d.jpg

Finally arrived today. This baby was always a grail of mine, as I was in med school when it first came out, and $200 was a CRAZY of money for me back then.

It is everything I hoped for and more. :D (And I haven't even transformed it yet!)

Edited by BlueSkull

th_ridearmor_zpscfac6e9d.jpg

Finally arrived today. This baby was always a grail of mine, as I was in med school when it first came out, and $200 was a CRAZY of money for me back then.

It is everything I hoped for and more. :D (And I haven't even transformed it yet!)

Nice! Where did you score one?

Just purchased a Yamato 1/60 VF-1A assembly kit with option parts from HK Collectbles... couldn't resit their 55% off sale (< 66 USD, shipped), so I had to give this kit a try for that price. Now to think up what sort of color scheme and livery to apply to it.

Just purchased a Yamato 1/60 VF-1A assembly kit with option parts from HK Collectbles... couldn't resit their 55% off sale (< 66 USD, shipped), so I had to give this kit a try for that price. Now to think up what sort of color scheme and livery to apply to it.

which shipping option did you choose? I think price without shipping is about $46...if +$20 is for EMS, then I'm on it :ph34r:

which shipping option did you choose? I think price without shipping is about $46...if +$20 is for EMS, then I'm on it :ph34r:

I also ordered the 1A, shipped to me was $66. I think it's coming EMS I'll have to wait and see.

The sale price was $46.12 (HK$349). Since I have no need to get it right away I chose the cheapest option: Air-mail postage @ $19.30 to the US (their version of SAL), quoted to take 10-14 days for delivery, but if it takes 3 weeks I'm still fine with it. Their other options are Registered Air-mail for $24.19 (Registered SAL), and Speedpost's $37.14 (EMS).

And the best part is that, if you process your purchase in USD, you get charged in USD, so there are no Paypal exchange fees to add to your cost.

I also ordered the 1A, shipped to me was $66. I think it's coming EMS I'll have to wait and see.

That means you opted for the same shipping option I did because my final price was $65.42 on the dot, and I'm in the East coast too.

Edited by mechaninac