Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

nice score davidwhangchoi ...didn't know they made a 1D kit, nice gundam kit as well..,that thing is massive!

Your really getting into the HT now hey Gakken85 ?.... can you post the pic of the Star Ship troopers power armor when you open him ....never seen one before

I'll do video reviews of them all :D

Actually the suit is NOT from Starship Troopers but a Studio NUE original Design.

Rebuilding the 1/12 Plastic Model kits (Phase 1 & Phase 2) now, also got the 1/20 Action Figure.

Banzai released a Vinyl Kit from the Starship Troopers Anime, best book adaptation.

Just received this 1/60 VF-1S kit for my birthday (via HK Collectables).

post-7871-0-94753100-1391564009_thumb.jpg

Now I have 2 VF kits I need to build. T_____T

Hoping to go for a Low Visibility scheme (like the 1/48 VF-1A Low Vis) on one, and the other in a Black Aces inspired scheme.

No idea when I will actually start. I barely have time to watch TV anymore now that I'm a father. :p

Guest davidwhangchoi

nice score davidwhangchoi ...didn't know they made a 1D kit, nice gundam kit as well..,that thing is massive

ty ty:)

Haha, you'll need to add Bandai's VF-1S Joke Machine and Bandai's 1/100 VF-1S Hi-metal to that list then..

Especially the JM, its a georgeouse small piece of toy for an early 80's production. Heck you'll need a squadron of em!

hehehe, you must mean this guy...

post-26268-0-25810400-1391565630_thumb.jpg

post-26268-0-57349800-1391565641_thumb.jpg

post-26268-0-73370400-1391565647_thumb.jpg

Edited by hazray13

This just came in.

Wanted to test how fast a registered SAL is to my address, so ordered some cheap Bandai stands from Amiami and they all arrived in 1 week. Pretty fast from Japan to MN, US...but I guess speed is YMMV with SAL.

EDITED : OK, I just figured out how to hook up the VF-22S / YF-21 battroid with this stand! An extremely simple mod with no extra parts. Just need to trim one side of the crotch holder and walla!

As for the YF-19, Im hooking it up like the ones in this thread :

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=27002

I'll still need EXO's adapters for fighter mode though! Sorry for being out-of-topic. Just got excited!

post-1785-0-65448100-1391665851_thumb.jpg

post-1785-0-74818800-1391672204_thumb.jpg

Edited by aaajin

This just came in.

Wanted to test how fast a registered SAL is to my address, so ordered some cheap Bandai stands from Amiami and they all arrived in 1 week. Pretty fast from Japan to MN, US...but I guess speed is YMMV with SAL.

EDITED : OK, I just figured out how to hook up the VF-22S / YF-21 battroid with this stand! An extremely simple mod with no extra parts. Just need to trim one side of the crotch holder and walla!

As for the YF-19, Im hooking it up like the ones in this thread :

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=27002

I'll still need EXO's adapters for fighter mode though! Sorry for being out-of-topic. Just got excited!

How sturdy are those stands for the 1/60 Yamato's? Lots of wobble?

How sturdy are those stands for the 1/60 Yamato's? Lots of wobble?

I had some of them that held my old frontier kits. I wouldnt put anything heavy on them though and move them around much.

The connectors hold the valks pretty securely. There is some wobbling, but that comes from the stand itself, being only a piece of rectangular rod holding a suspended mass, which is normal.

When it's new it is fairly tight and sufficient to hold heavy stuff. When its old as mine, it cant hold safely even if I tightened the screws. The main problem for mine is that the smaller cylindrical bar disconnects from the larger one too easily when forces act on the side.

maybe you played with them too much? Im leaving mine as they are, or will even consider glueing the connector if they do become loose by time.

I mean, the stand costs $4 a pop, (or $6 if you factor in shipping with SAL to the US)...

Edited : I guess these will be very suitable for posing valks in battroid or straight/levelled fighter mode as there is only downward force. I havent tried slanted/banked fighter poses, as I'll need EXO's adapters to be able to do that, but I do remember seeing those (banked fighter poses) in one of the threads..

Edited by aaajin

Guest davidwhangchoi

i just brought a vf-1s 1/60 roy low viz and a tv super parts.

now i have 3 low viz's and 2 tv super parts.

put up photos when have time to dig up all three low viz's. (too lazy right now)

i also have a vf-1d assembly kit and a gundam hg 1/44 gp-03 dendrobium coming combined ems. i'll put up photos when they come in.

I'm curious where you acquired them.

i already acquired two prior; and this third one that came in i got from max928 recently in the sales section, i just dug them out to take a group photo.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Got my War Machine today!

Gak you going to open it or do a review? i was thinking of getting one myself and would like to know your thoughts on it.

Yup. I have a lot to open though. I like to let them relax from their long journeys and pace myself :D

I was going to do the Power suit first for a video, but I plan on opening WM tonight and I'll let you know what I think.

I still need to write up a new review for anymoon.com too! haha

Edited by Gakken85