Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Thanks for the review Garyboy! Good luck with the wife! Your collection's really full of interesting pieces! On a side note, the cm's roy has a spacesuit. The would've rocked in the same scale as the popbox one!

Brera arrived, after spending a week in a French airport

20150409_194044.jpg

gotta say the VF-27 has become my favourite frontier valk, ended up in a knife fight with Alto....

20150409_201111.jpg

Congrats on your fine purchase! Same for me the VF-27 is my fav Frontier Valk too!

Im gunning for Brera in that knife fight! :) Get lost Alto! =D

Oh just noticed.. you have Michaels supers on Alto!? Still works I guess!

Edited by spanner76

Yeah, "iconic" is definitely the key descriptor! It holds such a special place in my heart that I actually got another when they reissued it (with option parts). Usually I don't buy multiple pieces of the same thing.

This guy arrived today :)

20FB23B2-1DD3-44D8-A9A6-45BDBFF3CD64.jpg

C333E271-31DA-4D9A-84CE-44C83BF9C9E0.jpg

Congrats! One of my favorite valks! Might be the best looking valk in gerwalk mode of all valks.

Edited by dapro

Guest davidwhangchoi

C333E271-31DA-4D9A-84CE-44C83BF9C9E0.jpg

very nice anubis! where are the option parts?

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Nice score dave!

thanks, here's a shot of the box accompanied by the rare grey goggle stand alone issue.

IMG_2234_zpseqzlpvlb.jpg

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Congrats on your fine purchase! Same for me the VF-27 is my fav Frontier Valk too!

Im gunning for Brera in that knife fight! :) Get lost Alto! =D

Oh just noticed.. you have Michaels supers on Alto!? Still works I guess!

I think i have worked out why i like the vf-27, it is the opposite of why many people dislike it, the smooth surfaces with few panel lines makes it look advanced compared to other valks.

I want the Galia IV fold pack to complete the Alto leaving Galia look. All this merely because I was cheap and didn't want to shell out for Alto coloured super parts.

I think i have worked out why i like the vf-27, it is the opposite of why many people dislike it, the smooth surfaces with few panel lines makes it look advanced compared to other valks.

I want the Galia IV fold pack to complete the Alto leaving Galia look. All this merely because I was cheap and didn't want to shell out for Alto coloured super parts.

yes definitely looks a lot smoother, sleeker and more advanced than the others! Even more so than the newer YF-30! And one little detail I really like about the 27 is when you remove the engine intake covers there are no visible turbine fans!

I never did bother with the Galia set and Alto's 25 is the only one I didn't buy the Supers for either. Couldn't justify the cost of the parts when there are significantly more than the Valk itself! Luca's parts and ghost set being the only exception as there was physically more included with them.

20FB23B2-1DD3-44D8-A9A6-45BDBFF3CD64.jpg

I do hope Arcadia re-releases the non-standard VF-1's. At this point I am not too interested in having a bunch of regular re-headed VF-1's, but I am interested in the elint/ostrich/D variants.

Guest davidwhangchoi

wow! I have never actually seen the grey goggle stand alone issue VF-1J! I thought they only came with the GBP parts..?

but you got the combo so you don't need it:) (or do you? heh heh heh)

Congrats on finding one, david!

thanks!

David, you need to open that box up so we can see what it looks like inside the grey goggle 1j. :p

the grey goggle is stored in my closet away from my stack of valks on the floor. i'll prob use the armor though,

let's see, we have a rare Vf-1J fitted with the rare GBP. drooools!!

i just sold my grey goggle combo and used those funds to buy the missile effect parts since i had an extra grey goggle. i have a white visor one as well... too many hikaru's.. but still thinking about getting an arcadia set :rolleyes: but not sure yet...

Slap them babies together!

i was going to to take a pic of the boxes both being slapped by my hand lol

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Does the grey goggle 1J have the original v2 crotch mechanism like the 1J Super combo & 1J GBP?

the stand alone grey goggle release in the white box has the updated 1/48 style crotch and clear canopy. if was released in 2010 along side of the updated grey goggle gbp-1 armor set with the brand new grey goggle hikaru with updated crotch. (2010)

the first release (2009) gbp-1 grey goggle combo had the one with the shoulders prone to crack and old style crotch mechanism.

Thanks david. I owned the 1st release GBP before and a Hikaru 1J with option parts, was thinking of switching the heads and use the newer 1J with the GBP armor & grey goggle. Sold both away though last year... just to preorder the Arcadia version again.