Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

I never tried for an estimate for the detolf but someone bought a desk unit that was $205 and it was $100-ish for the shipping. But these detolf are heavy so it might be more. I will try to get an estimate just for the heck of it.

Edited by wmkjr

I never tried for an estimate for the detolf but someone bought a desk unit that was $205 and it was $100-ish for the shipping. But these detolf are heavy so it might be more. I will try to get an estimate just for the heck of it.

Wow, that is pricey. Yes, Detolfs are heavy and very awkard to move the boxes by yourself. I know because I bought 4 and got them into my apartment. :lol:

If it was easy, I would bring some detolfs back for you when I go back home for vacation.

Wow! It might actually be more economical to have a similar display case fabricated?

Wow, that is pricey. Yes, Detolfs are heavy and very awkard to move the boxes by yourself. I know because I bought 4 and got them into my apartment. :lol:

If it was easy, I would bring some detolfs back for you when I go back home for vacation.

Hahaha! Imagine waiting at the carousel in baggage claim. Thanks for the offer! If you did that, I'd buy you a pallet full of Spam, Hawaiian sun, Island princess snacks and whatever else you need from here! :lol:

Wow! It might actually be more economical to have a similar display case fabricated?

I might have to do that. Either way, shipping materials to the glazier/cabinet makers will still be pricey on top of the labor.

Finally got some supers for my VF-1s. I am sure now that I have a Yamato set, Arcadia will reissue. I see now why the pink/white Arcadia bothered people so much.

Purchased from MW member, Mechapilot77:

unQ4bnB.jpg

Guest davidwhangchoi

Finally got some supers for my VF-1s. I am sure now that I have a Yamato set, Arcadia will reissue. I see now why the pink/white Arcadia bothered people so much.

unQ4bnB.jpg

Nice missile placement :) like DYRL opening scene. awesome pic

My first high end Macross toy. Picked it up off of a member here. These things are way heavier and intricate than I realized....holy cow! After successfully attempting transformation, I'm just blown away that someone could even create such a complex piece of moving parts to form not one..but three things. Pretty incredible and now I realize why "a toy costs $300+" ....it really is like buying a piece of artwork.

Only bummer is it was missing the small curved plate the covers the back of the neck in fighter mode. Super bummed about it. Original owner doesn't recall it ever being in the package. Anyone that has the Arcadia YF-19 that will never see fighter mode want to sell that piece? $20! :)

20150420_104407_zpsjkxtewvy.jpg

20150420_104421_zpsfztei1j6.jpg

20150420_205516_zpscta1lc3p.jpg

I love the Super/Strike! But yeah I hope Arcadia reissues them, if only for the white parts to match the Arcadia valks.

My first high end Macross toy. Picked it up off of a member here. These things are way heavier and intricate than I realized....holy cow! After successfully attempting transformation, I'm just blown away that someone could even create such a complex piece of moving parts to form not one..but three things. Pretty incredible and now I realize why "a toy costs $300+" ....it really is like buying a piece of artwork.

Only bummer is it was missing the small curved plate the covers the back of the neck in fighter mode. Super bummed about it. Original owner doesn't recall it ever being in the package. Anyone that has the Arcadia YF-19 that will never see fighter mode want to sell that piece? $20! :)

Awesome purchase, w8kbrder! I'm glad you're enjoying the YF-19. It really is a great toy!

Hahaha! Imagine waiting at the carousel in baggage claim. Thanks for the offer! If you did that, I'd buy you a pallet full of Spam, Hawaiian sun, Island princess snacks and whatever else you need from here! :lol:

If you have the Hawaiianair CC, the first checked in luggage is free right? Lol

thank you for the offer too, I would do it if it was possible.

Let me ask one of my friends in HI, I know he has a couple of display cases. I see where he got his from.

No I have those....just didnt have them in when I took the pic.

Whew. Alrighty. The black piece over the neck in fighter mode isn't much of an issue since the neck is black. It is always nice to be complete, but for most people that piece is a pass anyways.

Whew. Alrighty. The black piece over the neck in fighter mode isn't much of an issue since the neck is black. It is always nice to be complete, but for most people that piece is a pass anyways.

Well then that gives me hope that someone out there would be willing to sell me their black neck piece!

Maybe I'll just have you 3-D print it for me. :)

unQ4bnB.jpg

Lol CY! That's the biggest reason I haven't picked up the super/strike parts! I'd be royally peeved if Arcadia then announces that they're releasing it

unQ4bnB.jpg

an aggressive Gerwalk pose! looks mega! nice pic Yeti! B))

There goes the tax refund! :lol:

attachicon.gif006.jpg

That's a lot! Great purchase! ;)

It's rather... Oscillating

Love that Orguss. :rolleyes: You're also going to get an Olson if ever there's one, Renato?

I'm just going to call this a good week.

My first renewal and the tornado pack is awsum in person, really gives a 25 presence.

*snip*

Shout out to anubis20 for the ozma, good seller.

Nice Alto Valk! ;)

Just picked these up locally. All 3 never opened and have been sitting in storage. :D

*snip*

Wanna share the rest of his catalogue, Saburo? ^_^

I am somewhat jealous. Tv max 1A is looking like my next purchase. This weekend i did however get my first detolf, that counts right. Already tweaked it :-P

attachicon.gif20150419_183143.jpg

Good for you Garfinkel. I still don't have a Detolf. Hehehe. :lol:

*snip*

Ooooh... Roy. Wanna have one too in the future. ^_^

*snip*

20150420_205516_zpscta1lc3p.jpg

Love this shot. All it needs now is a sky background. :rolleyes:

Got this guy in the mail today :D

*snip*

Nice Low Vis. ;)

Got another new toy! ok so it ain't got anything to do with Macross but its still a toy! essentially.. ;):p

Seeing how I don't really do much for exercise these days and im not into walking or running, I thought I'd rekindle one of my other passions.. Mountain biking! :D

So I picked up a brand new 2015 Merida One Twenty 7.900 27.5 (trail) mountain bike! Picked her up today! Took a few weeks to come in and setup. Not cheap either.. <_<

Is a mad thing to ride! Compared to the last semi decent mountain bike I last had a few years ago, this thing just craps all over it! Full of some juicy high spec components! ^_^

Im sure if there are any of you who share a similar interest then I know you'll understand! Also picked me up a sweet new Bell helmet which has a removable face piece! B))

20150423_170252.jpg

Don't know how hard it would be to track down, but if you find a TV set of supers (either stand-alone, or one of the Hikaru/Max/Miria VF-1J bundles), they'll have bright white reaction missiles.

I actually picked up an early, bad shoulder release Hikaru 1J super bundle mostly for the TV-style packs, and fixed his shoulders with pieces from an unassembled kit.

Edited by Chronocidal

Guest davidwhangchoi

Don't know how hard it would be to track down, but if you find a TV set of supers (either stand-alone, or one of the Hikaru/Max/Miria VF-1J bundles), they'll have bright white reaction missiles.

I actually picked up an early, bad shoulder release Hikaru 1J super bundle mostly for the TV-style packs, and fixed his shoulders with pieces from an unassembled kit.

those regular stand alone tv supers are really hard to find

Got another new toy! ok so it ain't got anything to do with Macross but its still a toy! essentially.. ;):p

Seeing how I don't really do much for exercise these days and im not into walking or running, I thought I'd rekindle one of my other passions.. Mountain biking! :D

So I picked up a brand new 2015 Merida One Twenty 7.900 27.5 (trail) mountain bike! Picked her up today! Took a few weeks to come in and setup. Not cheap either.. <_<

Is a mad thing to ride! Compared to the last semi decent mountain bike I last had a few years ago, this thing just craps all over it! Full of some juicy high spec components! ^_^

Im sure if there are any of you who share a similar interest then I know you'll understand! Also picked me up a sweet new Bell helmet which has a removable face piece! B))

20150423_170252.jpg

Hey spanner, nice bike. :) Too bad the blue on it isn't screen accurate. ;):p

I picked the up the VF-0D recently. I really like it. A fair amount more diecast that a bandai 'gokin. I wrote a full review of it here http://kumastyledesigns.com/160-scale-perfect-transformation-vf-0d-phoenix-shin-version/

kRCWZql.jpg

Nice review, Ender. ;)

The stand in the pictures is a 6 inch Flight Pose stand which I personally prefer over both Bandai and Arcadias stands.

Wait till you use YetiStands. ^_^

Edited by no3ljm

You should put a playing card on the rear fork so you can get the engine noise. :lol: j/k

I picked the up the VF-0D recently. I really like it. A fair amount more diecast that a bandai 'gokin. I wrote a full review of it here http://kumastyledesigns.com/160-scale-perfect-transformation-vf-0d-phoenix-shin-version/

Nice shots and good review!

Edited by Saburo