Arcadia: 1/60 VF-1S Hikaru Ichijo Special Movie Ver

SaitouSad

Yes, there is already a thread for this. However, it's nice to see new images. Higher price for the water slide decals and stand... I'll take it, I don't have a 1S Hikaru and I want to try out one of the stands with all of the other Valk types anyway.

Guest davidwhangchoi

yeah i agree. nice to see new images... but it can always be updated in the other thread.

there is zero chance the side covers will be left out, same thing happened with the vf-1j 30th anniv valk, the initially pics didn't show any side and neck covers but they are being included. you're safe.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

oh crap! I'm so sorry I missed it :(

I could've sworn I couldn't find it yesterday

Mods, please kindly delete this thread then.

but thanks for posting the new pictures, much appreciated!!!

Nice, I'm debating if I should get another VF-1S Hikki, I already have a 30th w/option parts, I probably will. :wacko::huh:

I wonder is amiami has some kind of direct contacts or relation with Arcadia since I've seen Arcadia link several times to amiami website for preorders and extra pictures.

Nice, I'm debating if I should get another VF-1S Hikki, I already have a 30th w/option parts, I probably will. :wacko::huh:

I wonder is amiami has some kind of direct contacts or relation with Arcadia since I've seen Arcadia link several times to amiami website for preorders and extra pictures.

well here you go.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.608428432534782.1073741843.510346885676271&type=1

Arcadia Facebook says deadline to order is 12/1.

Looks like this is being made to order.

Still have no idea why they make DYRL valks without the FP's

It's so damn pointless. They always had them, except Hikaru's VF-1A when he

Heads into the SDf-1.

That price is rough!

I'm going to wait for a few more preorder options, myself; however I do plan to pick this one up. I also want to see if the same promo shots are used by other stores. Mostly, I want to see if Hikaru is getting the same option parts as Roy. Are these optional parts identified as "pose supporting parts" in the amiami description?

Guest davidwhangchoi

Arcadia Facebook says deadline to order is 12/1.

Looks like this is being made to order.

Still have no idea why they make DYRL valks without the FP's

it's better for business. you can sell more valks. example: Mp-08 grimlock with henki jetfire combo, i'm going to avoid this bundle because i just want grimlock not jetfire. but if they were released separately i would've brought something given them my business.

some may need just fast packs for other valks and some may just need a certain valk and already have enough fast packs.

bundles narrow the consumer base to only those who want that specific combination.

and yamato tried to release various combination bundles in the past, while certain combinations sold, many were left unsold as shelf warmers.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I presume because Nippon-Yasan screwed up the shipping estimates on the 30th preorders and now has to recoup it's greedy shipping fishing scam.

HLJ, AmiAmi and A-E have both priced equally

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?Word=arcadia&DisplayMode=images&Dis=2&Sort=std&qid=NKSVN4ZJTYZUH7A&set=1&q=1&Scale2=60

http://slist.amiami.com/top/search/list

http://www.anime-export.com/search?search=arcadia

• 2 weeks later...
Guest davidwhangchoi

LoL! Whatever the case, after seeing all the options I decided to put my preorder in with amiami. Thank you for the links!

did you also pre-order the roy version as well? i'm still debated on getting both or not :)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

did you also pre-order the roy version as well? i'm still debated on getting both or not :)

Yes, I pre-ordered both Roy and Hikaru. :D I also plan to get Isamu's YF-19. It's going to be an expensive season with all these Macross and Tranformer releases. If Arcadia releases Max's VF-1S, then I may stop at those three DYRL Valkyries and wait for something else, like a new Zero line.

Edited by technoblue

Guest davidwhangchoi

Yes, I pre-ordered both Roy and Hikaru. :D I also plan to get Isamu's YF-19. It's going to be an expensive season with all these Macross and Tranformer releases. If Arcadia releases Max's VF-1S, then I may stop at those three DYRL Valkyries and wait for something else, like a new Zero line.

thanks for sharing, maybe i might get both now! Quadruple dip for roy and it'll be the first for Hikaru..

Edited by davidwhangchoi

thanks for sharing, maybe i might get both now! Quadruple dip for roy and it'll be the first for Hikaru..

You're welcome! This will be my first Hikaru too. Technically, Arcadia's will be my third Roy since my very first was Yamato's 1/48 Roy VF-1S. I only have the one 1/60 now, though. I sold the 1/48 a while back. With Arcadia's release, I'll have a nice rainbow canopy Roy and a clear canopy Roy with the upgrades and optional parts. Anyway, I thought it was worth it.

• 1 month later...

It could be the lighting, but the whiter base coat may be a new thing too---it may be an Arcadia thing (thinking about the YF-19 comments and ithe lighter tan). I don't mind at all, but it will be another difference to set Arcadia releases apart from the Yamato releases. Also, if that is Tampo it looks very nice. I hope all of the printing comes out looking that good.

Maybe I'm alone on this, but I always thought that in the DYRL valks looked a lot whiter in the photos that they did in real life -- and this goes back even to the Yamato days:

Yamato-Max-DYRL-VF-1S1.jpg

Maybe the lighting causes it to appear whiter? Or it's been photoshopped? Or the pictures are of a prototype version whose plastic is whiter? All I know is that the DYRL valks I've owned were noticeably darker in shade than the promotional photos. And this is not darkness due to yellowing, but more of a creamy colored off-white.