Arcadia: 1/60 VF-1S Hikaru Ichijo Special Movie Ver

SaitouSad

Ignorance really is bliss. I knew nothing about the crooked Jolly Roger symbols on Yammie VF-1S's until now.

...and now I can't stop staring at the damn skulls. :mellow:

You know. There's nothing like a dose of reality to make the little things seem pretty insignificant. ;)

F-14-vf-84.jpg

The maintenance crews probably had rough guidelines for where to paint them, but I doubt they'd always be perfect either.

Plus, I don't think the original logo is actually level to begin with. :lol:

Way bigger or just a little? I want to see I can pose them together. haha

the vf-1 is about the same size as teh current mp-11 heightwise....so a starscream height figure in robot mode (though the mp seekers are much larger in alt mode compared to the vf-1 fighter mode). mp-3/11 is bulkier than a vf-1 and MP-10 is much bulkier. if you're looking for a jetfire....1/48 will be more the right size (even then a bit undersized if going by the "holy scale chart" at about 1.5-2 inches taller than mp-10).

You know. There's nothing like a dose of reality to make the little things seem pretty insignificant. ;)

F-14-vf-84.jpg

The maintenance crews probably had rough guidelines for where to paint them, but I doubt they'd always be perfect either.

Wow. If they could paint a slanted skull on an actual multimillion dollar fighter...I guess I really shouldn't sweat the small stuff on my 150 USD fig. :lol:

Guest davidwhangchoi

agree, i think people are over scrutinizing the crooked skulls bc arcadia just re-released the valks and a few who never had a yamato vf-1s one with crooked skulls or may be new to owning a vf-1s. (trust people guys they were existent) i think the new color mold and some QA issues not seen on the yamatos like irremovable glue stuck on the pieces are understandable. but i can't put the skulls crooked in the category of criticism of arcadia QA in contrast to yamato if they were the same on the yamatos.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Whoa, hey! You guys weren't talking about me over-scrutinizing or whatever, right? Because I wasn't even complaining. Hell, I don't even have an Arcadia VF-1S.

All I said was that I only just now knew about the slanted skull thing after all these years, and now I'm a little self-conscious about it on my Yammie VF-1S's--period.

Edited by GU-11

Can someone help me with some insight. I had mine shipped from Nippon Yasan on the EMS Express 3-4 day option, it was shipped the 19th but as of now I see no update outside of Japan. That's Friday, Saturday, Monday, and Today, and I have no package or update. How do I pursue this or track it or open a claim? If you have done it before please paste the link and give me any guidance you have. If you have experienced this also and they come late, please let me know so I can relax a little. Does Nippon Yasan help at all with this type of stuff when it happens?

Try using the tracking number on usps.com and see it shows up. (assuming if you are in USA. if not use tracking from your country's postal office)

Edited by dapro

It just says "we've received notice from the shipping facility that they are preparing you shipment." That date is the 21st. If I get burned here, I may never buy from anywhere overseas again. I'll never be able to file a claim on this or have it researched, I mean how am I supposed to work with a japanese post office? I just really think if this thing doesn't show up, there is really nothing I will be able to do about it even with the insurance that comes with the EMS express. The logistics of working a claim through an overseas carrier will be impossible.

Edited by sreichma

Guest davidwhangchoi

It just says "we've received notice from the shipping facility that they are preparing you shipment." That date is the 21st. If I get burned here, I may never buy from anywhere overseas again. I'll never be able to file a claim on this or have it researched, I mean how am I supposed to work with a japanese post office? I'll pay the elevated prices just to ensure insurance means insurance. Something goes bad in the US, I can easily work with the usps to find it or file an insurance claim. I really think if this thing just doesn't show up, there is really nothing I can do.

hi rich, that means it hasn't arrived at the ems post office yet. it may be still at NY, EMS tracking gives really good updates and i never had a problem w/ updates once it's in their hands.

once it arrives at the post office it will say "Arrival at outward office of exchange"

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I would say relax. I had this "issue" several times where it took a while until it moved anywhere. Here is a scenario that might explain it:

It could be that on Friday they packaged your toy and placed it on the "to ship" pile and it was too late to be piked up by the mailman. NY updated the status to shipped anyway because their part is done. So on Monday the package got picked up at NYs facility by the Japanese post. Then keep in mind that even if Christmas is not that big of a holiday in Japan there might be extra mail around to be processed. That might slow down things additionally.

As far as I know NY are a few guys in a basement so they do not operate as professional as say hlj or amiami.

Here is what I think the tracking messages mean:

Arrival at outward office of exchange means that it arrived at the airport and is scheduled for transit.

Dispatch from outward office of exchange means that it is on the way to your country

Arrival at inward office of exchange means it arrived at the airport in your country

In Customs means that it is processed by customs :p

Final delivery means it is delivered by a local carrier to your home and you should get it in the next few days

I don't know where your at but if Christmas is a big deal in your area then it might slow down the process on your side of the ocean as well. I'm waiting for a fairly big package from hlj but only if I'm super lucky I will have it in hand before New Years Eve. This package left hlj on the 20th of December and will be sitting in customs for at least two more days and I also had chosen the 3-4 days delivery.

I don't know if you have experience with importing stuff from other countries or how customs are in your country but expect to wait a bit for your package. There are things that NY has no influence in. That a package is lost in transit happens not very often. If you choose the express delivery than your package will be insured so even if something happens you should be on the safe side.

If you don't receive any update after the Christmas holidays you should contact NY. The fastest and most responsive way is by phone (don't worry they speak English) or via their facebook page. Email is another way to get in contact but that is usually slow and not very responsive. If something is wrong NY is the best place to get help since they can ask the Japanese postal service.

End of the wall of text. Merry Christmas!

Edited by Scyla

FYI, USPS international is backed up about 4 days, so if you have EMS shipments seeing that it's left Japan, but nothing else.

It will flip over on Thursday.

I got one EMS from the 19th that shows leaving Japan and nothing else.

I called and they said the ports are delayed.

Rest easy!

Thank you everyone, I guess I just needed to here that others are in or have been in the same boat. I've put my rag back in and will ensure I try not to let it show anymore. That's why it's always good for a member with only a few hundred posts to hear back from those with over a thousand.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Thank you everyone, I guess I just needed to here that others are in or have been in the same boat. I've put my rag back in and will ensure I try not to let it show anymore. That's why it's always good for a member with only a few hundred posts to hear back from those with over a thousand.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Relax brother.

This sort of thing happens frequently. I've been importing from Japan since 2004. Basically somewhere, somehow, somebody took too long to scan the item, or it's in a backlog of items to be processed.

Once I had an item show up on my door, while the EMS tracking still had it listed as "picked up for shipment" in Japan.

Furthermore, and I can't stress this enough, it's Christmas. Mail sadly takes longer to reach you, regardless of the shipping method.

By importing directly from Japan and not re-importing something from the USA or Europe, I can safely say I've saved over 2000+ USD since 2004.

To get back to ikaru, my gunpod seems loose; as in when I extend the handle it doesn't seem to lock in place like I remember the Yamatos did. I will have to check it out, might need to split it open.

In other wants, Arcadia, if you could make the strike cannon able to swival on your strike pack that would be much appreciated.

To get back to ikaru, my gunpod seems loose; as in when I extend the handle it doesn't seem to lock in place like I remember the Yamatos did. I will have to check it out, might need to split it open.

In other wants, Arcadia, if you could make the strike cannon able to swival on your strike pack that would be much appreciated.

The handle being loose was a random happening on Yamato Valks. Some of mine are really tight, others aren't.

Does the Strike Cannon swivel in the movie? I don't remember that.

Got mine today, Skull is a little crooked but you really really have to look for it. My only real concern now is I hope they adjust the color of the super-strike parts, something just doesn't look right when you put the DYRL set on the new Arcadia White. I don't even know what adjustment needs to be made but something just looks off... anyone else see what I see? I wonder if that's why they haven't released them because they are experimenting with the correct color tone.

I also want to go on the record that with it in hand, this Valk is awesome and not deserving of the smears I was throwing at it before it arrived. I stand corrected and would recommend this as a purchase for anyone. The Front of the Box is also lethal looking with the schematics of the 1-S in the red hue.