Arcadia: 1/60 VF-1S Hikaru Ichijo Special Movie Ver

SaitouSad

Ahh, really want to get one of these but can't decide between Roy and Hikaru. Any thoughts? I already have a DYRL Hikaru 1A (original run, cracked shoulders and all) and that white is really tempting. But I already have two Hikaru planes (1J and 1A) so I'm thinking I should get the iconic Roy 1S. Decisions...

If you don't have a Roy I'd say get him then. Though I do think the red with the S head is rather striking personally.

They should be announcing another re-release by now...

Wouldn't be surprised if they waited to see how well these first two sell before determining future releases/re-releases vs. going full steam ahead with even established releases like a Max 1S or 1A DYRL models.

-b.

I left mine in the private warehouse at HLJ waiting for some other stuff. I am really impressed by the looks of this release actually, I thought I did not want/need it but I am glad I got it. I think I may re buy all the DYRL stuff in the bright white. The box on this release looks better than the roy because of the fighter, but I still think the boxes would look way better without the toy pictured on the front of the box but whatever.

Well.. Mine finally came in today.

Few nitpicks, the valk was tight but didn't feel as super tight as my Yamato VF-1S TV that i bought few months ago. Left vertical stabilizer had the skull printed a little slanted, not straight. One of the head lasers has some kind of glue residue I think, shiny smooth layer of liquid on it that's hardened, can't get rid of it. Looking past all these things as I'm mainly putting it in fighter so they won't be so noticeable. Still.. kind suckky.

Pics to follow, (not that good at snapping the colour difference):

Boxart.

post-12002-0-60247400-1387540110_thumb.jpg

Back

post-12002-0-34992100-1387540764_thumb.jpg

Flip top lid and inside

post-12002-0-85767200-1387544007_thumb.jpg

Some comparison shots with my TV 1S. It seems to be a tint darker but.. it's really, really hard to notice.

post-12002-0-19605200-1387540595_thumb.jpg

post-12002-0-33314800-1387540599_thumb.jpg

post-12002-0-05459100-1387540613_thumb.jpg

Hikaru

post-12002-0-89893900-1387544149_thumb.jpg

The valk on the stand was barely touching the top of my shelf.. So I just placed it on the stand with gears out and make it look like a launch deck.

post-12002-0-25099800-1387540579_thumb.jpg

Edited by Falcon18

So I ordered one of these from amiami. It's been a VERY long time since I've ordered anything from them. Are they in the habit of not sending out shipping notifications, or tracking numbers... or doing anything besides updating their website with a little "shipped" notification tucked away in their horrible, horrible user interface? I have no idea if this thing is actually on the way or when to expect it.

Thanks F18 for the review pics. Really hope the issue on VF-1S Hikaru isn't wide spread but a isolated case. Have you talk to the distributor about an exchange for the defective piece?

I think it might be isolated. Nah.. Don't think I'm going to bother with an exchange. Doesn't bother me too much. Too much hassle lol. They're not major so I can live with it.

So I ordered one of these from amiami. It's been a VERY long time since I've ordered anything from them. Are they in the habit of not sending out shipping notifications, or tracking numbers... or doing anything besides updating their website with a little "shipped" notification tucked away in their horrible, horrible user interface? I have no idea if this thing is actually on the way or when to expect it.

I got mine from amiami. They sent out shipping notification and tracking number on mine via email few hours after they shipped it out. Maybe there's a delay in getting the email sent or something? Could try contacting them.

you sure its not in your spam folder? i got a notification email from them when mine shipped.

Ugh, finally got some info. on my order. It's stuck in LA Customs Hell. I probably won't see it until after the New Year considering how long it took the frakk-ups who work in that office last year.

Mine just got out of customs this morning. It usually stays in customs for 4 business days.

Damn, how slanted was the skull on the tail fin? That really sucks as it's a key part of the 1-S, I hope it's not widespread.

Snapped some quick pics:

Slightly slanted skull

post-12002-0-94487000-1387609215_thumb.jpg

Also just realised that this skull had some bad paintwork done on it.. I should just stop looking at my valk :p Eitherway, I don't mind too much about these. It looks fine overall anyway and that's what matters.

post-12002-0-91813200-1387609311_thumb.jpg

It seems that the slanted skull emblem is also prevalent on the VF-1S Roy cos i could have sworn i have seen some pics of the VF-1S Roy having the same issue

Some reference pics from nipponya188 from toysdaily

1412347_1425190931048528_1775031541_o.jp1488642_1425190967715191_260625231_n.jpg

Edited by recon

Guest davidwhangchoi

Snapped some quick pics:

Slightly slanted skull

attachicon.gifIMG_4435.JPG

Also just realised that this skull had some bad paintwork done on it.. I should just stop looking at my valk :p Eitherway, I don't mind too much about these. It looks fine overall anyway and that's what matters.

attachicon.gifIMG_4436.JPG

i don't think that's a mistake at all that's how all of the yammies are.

It seems that the slanted skull emblem is also prevalent on the VF-1S Roy cos i could have sworn i have seen some pics of the VF-1S Roy having the same issue

Some reference pics from nipponya188 from toysdaily

1412347_1425190931048528_1775031541_o.jp1488642_1425190967715191_260625231_n.jpg

The skulls on my Roy 1S Low Vis were tilted back about 5-10 degrees on both sides, I took a sharpie and blacked them out and used the skull decals over them. Looks much much better, the decals completely cover the area that I blacked out, so you can't even tell that they were ever blacked out. Still pissed me off that I had to go through the trouble of fixing it like that to make it look like it should have to begin with, though. <_<

-Kyp

Luckily my 1-S SMV Roy skulls are straight. Hope I score the same on the Hikaru. In the end, it's really only us who would notice it because we are premium collectors. I'm just thankful that after all of these years there are two companies still turning out Macross Toys that I love.

Also, I know I've harped on it before, but I do want to say that I think the Valk really does look a little bare on the front without the tampo ejection seat warning. You really don't know what you got till it's gone. ;) I was hoping the Hikaru version would have it like all the other DYRL Valks.

Edited by sreichma

Ahh, really want to get one of these but can't decide between Roy and Hikaru. Any thoughts? I already have a DYRL Hikaru 1A (original run, cracked shoulders and all) and that white is really tempting. But I already have two Hikaru planes (1J and 1A) so I'm thinking I should get the iconic Roy 1S. Decisions...

If you don't have Roy, you gotta get Roy. You can't go wrong with the OG badass. Roy was such a badass he made it out of earths atmosphere and into space with no Booster Pack assist in the TV-Series!

Great pictures Falcon, thanks for sharing.

The skull is not crooked, is an optical illusion by the angled tailfin. Took the liberty of using your own pics, hope you don't mind.

But the old Yammies did have that problem with some extremely crooked Skull, will check my Arcadia Fokker to see if its not crooked and my Hikaru when it arrives.

post-4448-0-89822800-1387719036.jpg

post-4448-0-35268500-1387719044.jpg

No problem. No matter how I look at it on the actual thing. It still looks crooked slightly to the left. If that alignment pic above is true and that it is due to the angled tailfin, then the right tailfin should be aligned te same way, parallel to the base of the tailfin. It, however, is not. It's parallel to the top part of the tailfin which I think would make it actually "straight". Looking at my Yammie 1S, it too has the skull aligned parallel to the top of the tailfin, not the bottom, on both fins.

Tried my best here to make sure that the base of both the stabilizers are aligned and straight with one another and to also show what I mean,

post-12002-0-71146300-1387724849_thumb.jpg

Like I said though, it doesn't matter much to me. I still enjoy this thing :D

Edited by Falcon18

Guest davidwhangchoi

like someone mentioned w/ their low viz 1s

my valks have skulls like that from yamato. i have every iteration of roy 1s (some i have doubles) and they are crooked on one side. not sure on all but definitely some. this is not a good thing but it is consistent with the yamato releases. so i don't think it should be a surprise or people complain that arcadia has degraded in quality which it hasn't. it's the same.

as for the missing tampo, i agree with sreichma, i prefer with it than without it bc anything less is never good and it looks kinda empty there. but it's not killer but i want more not less.

Just had to post a picture of mine, just picked him up today from the post office. I live on Guam, so packages from Japan only take a day or two to get here. Slapped on the Yamato Strike Packs, he was just nekkid without them. My best attempt at a DYRL light up Boddole Zer pose. Apologizes for the poor lighting and camera phone quality.

Overall I am very happy with him, I can't tell if my skulls are crooked, they look fine to me. Haven't handled a VF-1 toy in about 5 years, but the transformation is so simple and straightforward, I will probably be able to transform it when I am old and senile.

post-298-0-54321800-1387805379_thumb.jpg

post-298-0-95092400-1387805400_thumb.jpg

Just had to post a picture of mine, just picked him up today from the post office. I live on Guam, so packages from Japan only take a day or two to get here. Slapped on the Yamato Strike Packs, he was just nekkid without them. My best attempt at a DYRL light up Boddole Zer pose. Apologizes for the poor lighting and camera phone quality.

Overall I am very happy with him, I can't tell if my skulls are crooked, they look fine to me. Haven't handled a VF-1 toy in about 5 years, but the transformation is so simple and straightforward, I will probably be able to transform it when I am old and senile.

I like the stand. I realized my Yamato Mighty block stand can't really hold vf-1s with strike packs on that well. Can't wait for Arcadia to releases the stand seperately.

anyone notice that the hikaur is the "movie version" while the roy is the "special movie version"? what is up with that?

***edit***

i realize what is is. its the "roy focker special", movie version and the "hikaur ichijo", movie version. i forget that its called the "roy focker special"

Edited by Mechapilot77