Guest davidwhangchoi

I could never do marathons, only two episodes a day. I need time to digest what happens in each episode :)

true, true, it was my first time ever watching the series on AMC and they happened to do a marathon. so i tried to watch it all in one setting via brute force. later on i realized it the series was on my netflix account and i could've took my time. but it was a great rush and what a great series finale.

better call Saul looks interesting enough to give it my attention. hope it's a good series.

I thought the tuco appearance was a little suspect at first, but I liked seeing him pre-meth haze. I think they did a good job of keeping it on the line of plausible in the world of breaking bad, and exciting and dark. The leg breaking scene was great, though I wished they would have shown more. Seeing the look in Saul's eyes was the point I suppose.

Don't forget the soda water! Biznitch.

I thought the tuco appearance was a little suspect at first, but I liked seeing him pre-meth haze. I think they did a good job of keeping it on the line of plausible in the world of breaking bad, and exciting and dark. The leg breaking scene was great, though I wished they would have shown more. Seeing the look in Saul's eyes was the point I suppose.

The other thing to remember is that this takes place in Albuquerque, NM. We're only 700,000 at most. It's pretty easy to run into the same people around here.

I must admit: I guess was under a rock long enough to be one of the few people who didn't follow Breaking Bad, so 'most all the characters are still relatively new and unknown for me; but I was pretty well hooked by the desert "trial" scene. Gotta say though: the "breadsticks" scene in the bar afterwards was even better. :p I may have to tune back in, see how this turns out.

I wonder how it plays out if you're not a BB watcher already. But idk it seems to have a smoothness of narrative that BB didn't have.

BB was more about bringing you in with depths of shock and crazy crap. that's all out of the way so you can just tell the story.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest davidwhangchoi

Really enjoying that this show isn't trying to be Breaking bad.

it's so awesome! i'm glued to the story. it"s cool there's people on here watching it as well :)

Guest davidwhangchoi

the story has me going back to re-watch some breaking bad episodes:)

relation of saul and mike. and first appearances of both.

Guest davidwhangchoi

:)

cold blooded! awesome back story on mike and i liked the ending line

too deep:)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Great episode.

I knew Saul would dump the Coffee. Also, you could totally tell that was still New Mexico and not Philly, with some fake snow on the ground Banks really got to flex his acting muscles in this episode. My only issue is it seems like Mike and Saul are forging a bond that would make them pretty close, whereas in BB Mike seemed to almost hate Saul. I guess something could cause that. Mike standing there with the gun in the trench coat was badass.

• 3 weeks later...

Jimmy needs an emmy!

I liked the theme of the pills guy and Mike talking about becoming a criminal and what kind of criminal you want to be and

Chuck's speech to jimmy about being a chimp with a machine gun. It's about choices and fate.

Also chimp with a machine gun made me think of Mr. Chips crossed with scarface. haha.

• 10 months later...