I think Skyler knew too. She said "I'm sorry". But I think there was a lot of truth in what he was saying... he was using his anger to sell it, like all his best lies.

He's going down this road alone.

That was the most brutal and uncompromising hour of TV i've ever seen. And the Darkest.

Best. Show. Ever.

Edited by Gakken85

I still say Jessie is the only survivor!

I think Walts going to save Jessie from the Todd crew.

Jessie deserves salvation, and Todd is an idiot that deserves to

Eat worms after shooting the kid. Plus as I see it, once Nazi boy took

Walts money and Hank, he's going to be hiesenberg'd before the

Shows over.

The Jane admission was just to spread the misery around, I think. He was "paying him back" for Hank, as it were.

Some people think that Jesse has paid his due now, and he'll either kill Walt or be free in the end. I don't think their will be any reconciliation for Walt and Jesse. Maybe a moment of understanding, but no saving graces.

Personally, I'm sticking with the two things I know:

1. Vince said it's going to end in a very predictable way in GQ.

2. Skyler in 5A saying, "Everyone dies in this movie." while watching Scarface. Vince has said a billion times this show is about Mr. Chips turning into Scarface. + the Scarface gun in the trunk.

I think pretty much everybody will die in some way or another.

Todd isn't an idiot.. he's a true monster. He is like serial killer level evil. He basically shows no remorse for anything. haha.

Walt is def. coming back and gunning for Uncle Jack... but we still don't know if the Ricin is for Jesse, or Lydia.

Also, Skyler told Walt Jr. to put his seat belt on in this episode. That's another reference in a long line of references that he is going to die in some accident. I'm guessing he starts taking drugs to deal with losing his father and dies in the car his dad bought for him.

I reckon Skyler and Holly will make it out alive, though I don't think Skyler really deserves it.

Edited by Gakken85

I think that after this episode the flash forwards are starting to make more sense now. Walt could be on a straight up revenge mission against Todd and Uncle Jack...or Walt finds out Jesse is still alive and tries to mount a rescue (a desperate last attempt at redemption?). Whatever the outcome, the resigned, morose manner in which Cranston played Walter during those flash forward sequences leads me to believe he doesn't plan on any outcome that doesn't involve his own death. Maybe that's what the ricin is for.

Anyway, a great gripping episode of Breaking Bad and possibly one of it's best. But I agree with Duke Togo; if you think this is the best TV has to offer, you're snoozing your way through the second golden age.

Walt doesn't know Jesse is still alive.

I think he will want revenge on Jack for sure though. I don't think his motivation will be to rescue Jesse, and when they do meet he'll probably free him and they will fight to the death. Their won't be any reconciliation.

No way the ricin is for Walt. Suicide isn't his style.

I can't think of a better show. The wire is up there, and the Sopranos were great. But they are both sloppy and had unsatisfying endings.

Lost was a joke and a mess too. It had no real message or conductive threads.

Game of thrones.. I could barely get through the book, and I just can't care.

Edited by Gakken85

I think that after this episode the flash forwards are starting to make more sense now. Walt could be on a straight up revenge mission against Todd and Uncle Jack...or Walt finds out Jesse is still alive and tries to mount a rescue (a desperate last attempt at redemption?). Whatever the outcome, the resigned, morose manner in which Cranston played Walter during those flash forward sequences leads me to believe he doesn't plan on any outcome that doesn't involve his own death. Maybe that's what the ricin is for.

Anyway, a great gripping episode of Breaking Bad and possibly one of it's best. But I agree with Duke Togo; if you think this is the best TV has to offer, you're snoozing your way through the second golden age.

What programs do you guys recommend? I don't have cable so I'm out of it, more or less..

What programs do you guys recommend? I don't have cable so I'm out of it, more or less..

I just finished the whole run of Luther... At first I thought it was going to be your run of the mill detective murder mystery type deal, but it just kept going out of control! I love how some British series just put out enough show per season just to tell the story. 6 in the first and then 4 eps. in both season 3 and 4.

At this point I rather watch TV than pay to see movies.

After going into hiding, I think Walt gets pissed that he starts seen his blue sky on the streets, and figures out that only one person knows how to make it besides him(Jesse)(tommy can only make like 76% pure I forgot the real number), so then he gets pissed that the white trash crew didnt finish off Jesse and that they are selling his product. That's mabey why he ges the m60 and is going to go out and get revenge. I mean he's dying of cancer so what does he have too lose, plus he might use the ricin on himself after he takes care of business. Plus he still has 11mil for his family so they are set.

I'm not sure about the fate of Jesse, I believe Walt is still pissed at Jesse because if he never went with hank, non of this would of happened.

Think about it 11 million dollars, call Saul set up another laundry scheme, or do what mike did set up a safety deposit box for jr and holly, and have them have access to it when they are 18. I think skyler would do it she did it once, and the kids they might be pissed at dad but 11 million can buy forgiveness.

Skyler's in a different place now, IMO. "I" would take 11 million dollars, no matter who, how, or what it came from, whether it be from a bank heist or the slaughter of unicorns because I have little to no morals or ethics, but IMO Skyler's a good woman that let herself get swept up in Walt's evil. She may of course take it, and I could totally be wrong about her character, I guess only time will tell...

Edited by myk

I haven't watched broadcast/cable television in over 15 years. The internet is your friend :)

I'd recommend mostly HBO shows and a few others. After avoiding TV during my college years, I've often said HBO is THE reason I returned to TV. IMO, the HBO series were the precursor for the current state of TV and why critics label the 2000s the "New Golden Age" of television.

I give my highest recommendation to:

Rome (2 Seasons; 22 Episodes)

The Wire (5 Seasons; 60 Episodes)

Game of Thrones (3 Seasons, 30 Episodes)

I also think well of:

The Sopranos (6 Seasons; 86 Episodes)

Deadwood (3 Seasons, 36 Episodes)

Boardwalk Empire (4 Seasons; 37 Episodes)

Of the non-HBO series, I'd recommend the following:

Breaking Bad is anyone in this thread NOT watching? (5 Seasons; 60 Episodes, An AMC Series)

Justified (4 Seasons; 52 Episodes, An FX Series)

Louie (3 Seasons; 39 Episodes, An FX Series)

House of Cards (1 Season; 13 Episodes, A Netflix Series)

Orange is the New Black (1 Season; 13 Episodes, A Netflix Series)

Dead Like Me (2 Seasons; 29 Episodes, A Showtime Series)

Just my opinion of course, but I feel there is almost NOTHING worth watching on broadcast television. The vast majority of the best writing, directing and producing talent has long since fled broadcast (and to a lesser degree, the Hollywood film studios) and setup shop at specialty cable. If you're curious to try other shows I've not mentioned, as a general rule I'd suggest prioritizing cable shows. Odds are you'll have a much better, more rewarding time :)

Edited by Mr March

Breaking Bad has more than 20 memorable quotes but these are pretty good... the last one for me was "You're the smartest guy I've ever met, but you're too stupid to see...he made up his mind ten minutes ago."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/gallery/breaking-bad-quotes-20-badass-612801#1-you-an-insane-degenerate-piece-filth-you-deserve-die

Haha.

I'm predicting the Uncles of Anarchy waste Skyler and JR after gunning for Marie. They have to get the tape back, or find out where it is.

This prompts Walt to come back to ABQ to kill the Uncles of Anarchy, for all he knows Jesse is dead.

He finds Jesse, and they battle it out in the last episode.