yeah, you might be right... he finds out the blue meth is still being produced on the tv news where the greymatter couple are disassociating themselves from him. I think he could be suspicious but may not know if it's Jesse, at the payphone scene. i think the watch scene is a bit ambiguous.

Afterwards, he asks those guys he always gets their names wrong in the car after the big scare if the blue meth is being produced. trying to find out who's cooking the meth. they tell him they think he's was producing it, that when he realizes it's Jesse is alive for the first time or that confirmed his suspicions from the tv report.

My feelings are: (i didn't DVR it so i could have missed something)

the car scene seemed to suggest Walt was unaware and surprised by Skinny Pete and Badger's reply "aren't you still cooking?". i thought that might've meant Walt was initially thinking there was an inferior imitation out their from one of his competitors or todd figured it out. then and there i thought he became suspicious when they said they were sure it was his work and confirmed it can only be Jesse making it when they said the blue meth is really really good. i thought "the watch" at the payphone was Walt letting him go since he's thinks Jesse's dead and the car scene revived his "vindictive feelings" of "NO ONE makes the product better than ME! I built this Empire!!!" anger towards Jesse. not sure, if he wants to kill him or just rebuke/let him know he's a nobody, when he plots to confront Jesse...

Because he didn't have the angry feelings when learning about the blue meth report on the news (Walt is a paranoid ego maniac and would've instantly thought i'm going kill Jesse at the bar, if he suspected him).. (i guess to me that meant he wasn't suspicious that it was Jesse, but just curious where the product was coming from perhaps old stock or imitation) but was just pissed off at the rich couple.

It still doesn't explain why he didn't suspect Jesse was alive when he met with Skinny Pete and Badger. He looked surprised when he realized it was Jesse. Or maybe the two solidified his suspicions that Jesse was still alive.

In Talking Bad, VG says that the watch scene was there mainly to fix continuity issue even though there was a bit of symbolism there. Honestly without the watch scene, I would have never noticed he didnt have the watch on in that particular scene. I would have found out on some nerd's note in the trivia section on IMDB. (which I love reading... lol)

Best ending ever, the show brought closure to everything. Also glad he was able to reveal the location of Hank and Gomie remains for proper burial. What's the significance of Walter leaving his watch? Jesse had to survive to take care of Brock

Continuity with scenes shot earlier with him not wearing a watch (but later in the story). It's that simple.

Walt came back because he heard blue was being cooked on the Charlie Rose show. That was pretty much the main reason, because it's his legacy. His cook. His chemistry.

Gretchin didn't really piss him off that much, the Blue brought him back. He had a lot of time to think up in the woods on how to fix things. Seeing the Gray matter couple on TV gave him the way out to give his money to his family. (Which by the way, Vince Gilligan brought Gray Matter back into the story because of a dying kid that he visited. The kid had cancer and asked him to explore the show more. He died and they added it. Vince was super glad he did, because it was the only way to get the money to his kids.)

If he was really pissed at them he would have killed them.

This is verified in the name of the last episode, Felina. “El Paso” by Marty Robbins explains it. It is the song playing in the Volvo at the start of the episode. It talks about a man who kills for his lover (Felina) and has to leave town. He returns to town because he would rather be with his love and take a bullet, than rot with the loneliness in his heart.

"Maybe tomorrow a bullet may find me, nothing is worse than this pain in my heart."

Anyway, when he heard the blue was back it automatically told him that either A. Jesse was cooking again (alive) or B. Jesse taught Todd how to cook blue.

In which case Jack didn't keep his word and his product was back on the market.

Walt verified that Jesse was cooking blue when Skinny Pete told him it was better than ever. Jesse could cook better than Gail, and Todd wouldn't be capable of ever matching Walt.

With the watch - it was shot for continuity, but you can also read it as like... throwing away all sentimentality. He loved that watch from Jesse. It was the only real gift he got on his 51st birthday.

Edited by Gakken85

Guest davidwhangchoi

It still doesn't explain why he didn't suspect Jesse was alive when he met with Skinny Pete and Badger. He looked surprised when he realized it was Jesse. Or maybe the two solidified his suspicions that Jesse was still alive.

In Talking Bad, VG says that the watch scene was there mainly to fix continuity issue even though there was a bit of symbolism there. Honestly without the watch scene, I would have never noticed he didnt have the watch on in that particular scene. I would have found out on some nerd's note in the trivia section on IMDB. (which I love reading... lol)

i see what you did there... never stepping on peoples thoughts while expressing yours. uber intelligent and savvy posting skills. envy those adept at facilitating interaction and communication with others.

i didn't know what VG was saying in Talking Bad about fixing continuity until you and Gakken explained it. it was impossible for me to notice too... especially during a marathon viewing. i was trying to figure out (outside of continuity fix, what it meant) bc it seemed so out of place after the phone call... i guess VC could've shot a random scene of the watch falling off/breaking randomly but it makes sense to shoot of scene he willfully took it off... to put some meaning behind it.

i'm starting all over from the beginning and watching it again on netflix at least to season 5 episode 8 (last episode on netflix), and hopefully remember the remaining by memory.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

It's sad, because I used to be excited for Walking Dead, but after Breaking Bad..

It's hard to watch bad writing.

I think it's time to start a kick starter

"Write some more crap for us to watch Vince!"

I really hope " Better call Saul " finds its way into AMC.

Just imagining more stories with Mike, Gus, the local drug dealers

Hell even how the affiliations happened with the nazi boys and stuff.

It would be a nice, and different approach. It's obviously has to be a prequel

due to Saul running away from his name and game.

It's sad, because I used to be excited for Walking Dead, but after Breaking Bad..

It's hard to watch bad writing.

I think it's time to start a kick starter

"Write some more crap for us to watch Vince!"

I really hope " Better call Saul " finds its way into AMC.

Just imagining more stories with Mike, Gus, the local drug dealers

Hell even how the affiliations happened with the nazi boys and stuff.

It would be a nice, and different approach. It's obviously has to be a prequel

due to Saul running away from his name and game.

http://youtu.be/ATDbz0v_g3c

Guest davidwhangchoi

newspaper is crazy...

question... why did Walter leave greymatter?

gakken, exo or anyone, what's the back drop on that storyline? you guys have any fanbase knowledge on what happened between walter and the rich girl (old lady) skyler is like 12 yrs younger... did he like go for a college girl and then left Gretchen to marry a hot girl? (oh that reminds me of the song rich girl, need to throw that up in the audio thread)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

newspaper is crazy...

question... why did Walter leave greymatter?

gakken, exo or anyone, what's the back drop on that storyline? you guys have any fanbase knowledge on what happened between walter and the rich girl (old lady) skyler is like 12 yrs younger... did he like go for a college girl and then left Gretchen to marry a hot girl? (oh that reminds me of the song rich girl, need to throw that up in the audio thread)

Walt was dating Gretchen when the started Grey matter.

But Walt left her and the research, while on vacation.

Gretchen took Walts research and shared it with Elliot

Who she later married.

They made billions of Walt's research and never gave him

A dime.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Walt was dating Gretchen when the started Grey matter.

But Walt left her and the research, while on vacation.

Gretchen took Walts research and shared it with Elliot

Who she later married.

They made billions of Walt's research and never gave him

A dime.

thanks! yeah, i got that part... but want to know the backdrop on why. hoping for some hardcore knowledge.

Did anyone else know Bryan Cranston was a VA in the english version of Macross Plus?

weird

Yup! When he was on the Colbert Show he was mentioning his voice over work on Japanese TV Series... but he only mentioned Power Rangers... I was hoping he'd say Macross Plus. I didn't really realize that he was Gordon in the Animated version of Batman: Year One. No wonder there was those rumors of him being in the new movie.

There's no explanation of why Walter left her. Just Walt being Walt.

• 5 months later...
Guest davidwhangchoi

the background characters pretty well thought out. the guys head on the turtle as well as Walt's brother in law on the toilet with the book dedicated to W.W.

• 1 month later...
Guest davidwhangchoi

this is interesting... did anyone catch Bryan Cranston's interview?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/30/walter-white-not-dead_n_5415300.html

video

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/showbiz/2014/05/29/exp-lv-the-many-faces-of-bryan-cranston-3.cnn.html

ahh grasping at straws, but never say never:)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

A rather small and simple interview (understandably easy to digest given the program's format), but it's great to hear him talk of his projects. As for WW, I need no more from Breaking Bad. The show is brilliant and it always will remain as such. THat's good enough for me.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest davidwhangchoi

I'm wonder if I should skip the series and wait till it comes to Netflix just like I did with Breaking Bad :)

i did the same exaclt thing. waiting till the series finale and did a marathon.

I'm wonder if I should skip the series and wait till it comes to Netflix just like I did with Breaking Bad :)

Be it Lost, Walking Dead, Heroes, and Breaking Bad, there's no way I could've watched those shows at the regular weekly pace. I had to cram them and hope I remembered enough of what I saw on the count of not having the patience to do otherwise...