I don't think that's been confirmed.

It has: ‘Breaking Bad’ Creator Vince Gilligan: Saul Goodman Spinoff Moving ‘Full Speed Ahead’

And just earlier today: 'Breaking Bad' star on Saul spinoff series: "You can get much darker"

"Breaking Bad star Bob Odenkirk has said that a proposed spinoff featuring his character Saul has a "60% chance" of making it to air."

60% chance isn't confirmed. Confirmed is when AMC announces it via Press Release.

I think it will happen.. maybe. But I don't know how good it will be to be honest. Saul is great when he's surrounded by characters like Walt and Jesse, but on his own and carrying a show it might be kind of stupid.

If the other players would make regular appearances, or they tell BB stories from other angles and time lines, I'm up for it.

*Hank & Gomie will die

*WONDER TWIN POWERS ACTIVATE - Marie & Skyler team up.

*Jesse....um...I'll have to flip a coin.

Nah, Skylar has already "broken bad." Hell, she may be more dangerous than Walt at this point.

Edited by Duke Togo

I still think Skyler is going to die.

Idk, the great thing about this show is that you know a lot of things that will probably happen.. yet you still have no idea how it's going to play out.

Who has the balls to do a cliffhanger every episode!

13BJjm7.png

Hank's a dork. I know he's sort of going rogue chasing after Walt and doesn't have a lot of support, but heading out into the middle of nowhere with no man or firepower, chasing one of the most dangerous criminals in his career is foolish. I don't see how they're going to get out of this one...

While Hank's perspective on Walt has changed, I think he still sees him as that weak old high school chemistry teacher. He hasn't gotten the taste of full on Heisenberg. Jesse knows, but I think teaming up with Hank may have given him some of his balls back. he had pretty much given up before that.

Any one watching Talking Bad? Pretty good interview with Bryan Cranston on it.

Yeah, I don't see that take at all. Jesse is terrified of Walt and thinks he is a monster. He showed zero balls. You could see him looking for a way out and looking scared during the shoot-out. His deal with Hank only exists to take down somebody he couldn't take down on his own. Hank wasn't quite smart or fast enough to catch Walt, and Jesse doesn't have the analytical skills on his own. Together they could do it because Walt does/did care about Jesse. Jesse gave up a long time ago, though. After he loses Mike he gives up. His entire character is pretty much a dramatic foil for Walt at this point and their won't be any reconciliation.

Jesse was the Rabid dog.

I think Walt appeared less menacing this episode because he doesn't want to be Heisenberg anymore, and he is really full of emotion, as Vince mentioned in the Insider podcast.

Edited by Gakken85

Yeah, I don't see that take at all. Jesse is terrified of Walt and thinks he is a monster. He showed zero balls. You could see him looking for a way out and looking scared during the shoot-out. His deal with Hank only exists to take down somebody he couldn't take down on his own. Hank wasn't quite smart or fast enough to catch Walt, and Jesse doesn't have the analytical skills on his own. Together they could do it because Walt does/did care about Jesse. Jesse gave up a long time ago, though. After he loses Mike he gives up. His entire character is pretty much a dramatic foil for Walt at this point and their won't be any reconciliation.

Jesse was the Rabid dog.

I think Walt appeared less menacing this episode because he doesn't want to be Heisenberg anymore, and he is really full of emotion, as Vince mentioned in the Insider podcast.

I didn't say he got all his balls back... I think he just got enough of it back to clear his mind to actually put an idea together.

Walt never wants to be Heisenberg. That's why he invented Heisenberg in the first place because he never wants to be that person (yes, yes... you're gonna come back with Heisenberg is his alias for the criminal activity) but at the moment, Walt is holding back because Hank is still family. If it was Gulio with some other cop, those guys would have decimated them already. Walt's the ultimate passive/aggressive... usually because his aggressive side tells him to kill. But most of the time he'll solve a problem without confrontation.

Now that I've been watching it all these years it always makes me think about how things go bad for everyone when they deal with Walt. Like I'm thinking if Walt does ever get to the point he can cook for the neo nazis, they'll probably end up trying to kill him for only wanting to cook once. But we all know that would end up bad for them... Part of me is glad the whole thing is almost over, lol.

Meth Damon... perfect!!! :lol: was he shooting like that in character? I was like WTF?

Nah, Skylar has already "broken bad." Hell, she may be more dangerous than Walt at this point.

Yes Skylar has "broken bad" but Skylar and Marie are sisters.

If the next few episodes go like this...

Hank & Gomie face early retirement out in the desert.

Marie will know when Hank lets his meal go cold.

She has the message from Hank,goes to the D.E.A .Trace the location back to the desert.(no bodies found but evidence of gun fire)

Once Walt & Skylar find out -Skyar's plea to Walt-"Let Marie live".

Walt-"Of course Marie is family, Hank was an accident blah blah"

But Marie won't quit , this puts a bullseye on her head from Todd and Co.

This backs Skylar into a corner where she takes Jnr/baby = WONDER TWIN POWERS ACTIVATE.

Yes Skylar has "broken bad" but Skylar and Marie are sisters.

I don't think that matters anymore. The only thing that matters to Skylar are her kids, and I think she'd glady watch the world burn around her if it meant keeping her kids safe.

Thinking about preordering too.

I don't agree that Walt is passive aggressive or doesn't want to be Heisenberg. He is Hesienberg, and still works off the knowledge he gained being a meth lord, (The confession tape, and his control over his legit business) but he's trying to get out of the business without violence. Walt just wants to escape consequences. You can see examples of him being like Heisenberg all through the show, way before season 4. The whole point, and something that Brian Cranston has pointed out, is that there is good and bad in all of us. Walt has always wanted control and respect, but took shortcuts and ruined relationships to get them.

I think he just ran out of options, and because of his blind spot to Jesse, (He couldn't imagine Jesse ratting him out.) he allowed himself to be cornered. But the show is always about Walt breaking out of corners one way or another. This time the Uncles of Anarchy are breaking him out.

Edited by Gakken85

Yes, he's Heisenberg. We all know he's Heisenberg. It seems to me that you still see Walt as the hero because he's the protagonist of the show and you buy into all his justifications of why he does what he does. Knowing that you're coming from that perspective it's clear to me why you never agree with anything I post. But Walt's a smart meek man that let's his anger and pride blind him so he makes stupid mistakes. And when he does hit that level, that's when he gets too aggressive and starts offing people for no reason. Some people... just because I wrote that... don't give me an example the one guy that he had to kill because he got the story correct. You take pieces of my posts and you generalize into the whole show. When I say Jesse got some balls back, I don't mean Jesse got enough courage to go toe to toe against Walt forever and for the rest of the show and he no longer fears him times infinity. As for passive aggressiveness, I'm not sure you know what that means. You give a perfect example of it in your last paragraph, BTW.

I'm not buying into the character's justifications, I'm going off the things the writer, directors, and actors have said about the show, and extrapolating. Also I've watched it front to back and know the themes pretty well.

He is the hero for me. I'm a grown-up and I can pull for fictional bad guys if I want to. It's only a show. haha.

That was a great part of Sunday's episode. They flipped the whole "Villain talks too much and gives the hero time to get away" trope by having Hank celebrate too long and Walt (the Bad guy) is going to get away because of it. It's brilliant.

I am pointing out that, Jesse is only motivated by revenge and anger. I don't see anything about his actions involving "balls." Quite the opposite.

I just think passive aggressive doesn't describe Walt in any way in this season. He directly tries to deal with Jesse several times. He isn't trying to be stubborn, or indirect to change Jesse's mind. He wants to engage him directly and "Do whatever it takes to work this out." Walt was passive aggressive in season 3 when he tried to cut Jesse out of the business when he first met Gail... but that was a different season.

I think I don't agree with what you post when it comes to breaking bad because I don't think you're correct. BB isn't a vague kind of show. I think the directors/writers intends very specific themes for the show.

Anyway, this is a good place to start:

Anyway, I'm not trying to be a dick. I just love the show. I enjoy a good discussion on it.

Edited by Gakken85

There's really nothing vague about the themes I'm talking about, maybe you just don't see them because the writer, actors and producers didn't spell them out for you. I think the underlying theme here is how much you can disagree with me. The fact that Jesse's been angry for a long time and never really found it in him to fight back until he had what he thinks is Hank on his side. Walt's struggle to stay a family man and the joy he finds in breaking free and giving it to people that think they can stand over him. Those aren't vague.

Anyway. At this point I think you're just trolling me, probably from some past thread or something, so it's ignore time for you.