DX VF-171 CF Nightmare Plus Armor parts

master of macross

I really had no plans of picking up a CF VF-171 but man the more I stare at these the more I feel the need to pick one up. Damn that armored gerwalk looks badass and the MDE are icing on the cake!

Edited by plastik

In addition to being the wrong color, it's the wrong missiles, too. I want these ship-killer missiles:http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=99337

Did the CF even use the dorsal-mounted weapons? I'll gladly trade the beam rifle for these.

Actually iirc, those were just some sort of "injection" missiles they used to control the Vajra. They weren't used to destroy ships.

Couldn't someone who can write Japanese write an email to Bandai and/or Kawamori to point out that the armor panels have the wrong color? :D

Sure. And the Bandai employee who reads it will know where to put that letter, because he (or she) will also be literate in Japanese. :)

post-5703-0-00162700-1365881857_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lolicon

I do have to ask the question though... when has Bandai ever cared about coloring things correctly? <_<

Agreed! The plastic will be blue but they will paint over the plastic in grey. Make it so, Bandai!

(don't do this, Bandai) <_<

Is there any sort of existing colored line art pics of the standard 171 with the armor on? Like from some issue of Macross Chronicles or something. It's hard for me to tell how light the shade of gray should be from the movie scenes. I think I plan on repainting the ones I get. I'll probably just end up taking some pics with them on and then leave them off forever :p

Well, I resisted the urge to get two sets so I could have more missiles. Just can't justify that cost when I'm not getting a second 171CF. Would be nice to load them out with more reaction warheads, but after watching the actual movie, I was surprised. Thought they carried at least four.

Without checking: Anime Export and Tokyo Hunters are places where you could other Tamashii Webshop Exclusives in the past. So I would recommend to check those out.

Also somewhat earlier in this thread there where shops mentioned where you could order them iirc.

You mean the base Valkyrie itself?

I wondered that too after I saw how many units of the VF-25F Renewal reissue are going to be shipped by NY and seeing that stock of the YF-29 30th Anniversary is still available.

On the other hand that seems only applies to NY because the other on-line retailers seem to have gotten the same amount units judging by the time the preorder slot was open.

The HLJ (and another shop I can't remember which) had an extended preorder window but that might be due to opening in the middle of the night in East Asia,